Past members who never returned

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Paul_C said:
    I remember there was a guy at the first Gasfest (Skeol / Scheol? something like that) who had wandered into a guitar shop, I think while waiting for his missus to buy some shoes or something, and came out with a crazily expensive PRS (£3-5K).
    Who was the guy who worked in a guitar shop up north? He was playing a Level 42 lick on a bass badly when he had a tap on his shoulder and turned round to see Mark King standing behind him who put him right. And he sold some strings to a guy and pointed at a flyer on the counter for a Simple Minds gig and asked the guy if he was a fan and if he was going. The answer was something like "I figgin' hope so as I'm the guitarist' .. he was serving Charlie Burchill. He had an endless list of funny stories especially about trying to stop people playing Smoke on the water or Smells like teen spirit in the shop ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Danny1969 said:

Minky Monkey
    Mad Broken Toaster

Minky (I think) met a girl who put up with his shirts. I think he was wanting to spend less time on forums. Top bloke, and a good photographer.

Madbrokentoaster was around under a different name, something involving banana's or similar.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Got funkyfraz on Facebook, his band supported public enemy last year!
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15614
    edited January 2015

funkyfraz was a top fella, madder than a box full of march hares on acid, but a top bloke. Good to see him doing well.

EDIT: think I joined sometime in 02 as well, think I either joined the same day or the next day as noisy. We were about a year away from paying off the mortgage and I figured as I'd have more time on my hands I'd take up the guitar. IIRC my first post was asking where to go to in London to buy a guitar (I'd never actually heard of Denmark Street at the point in my life).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Him and ibaneezer did gross stuff at parties if I remember rightly, like eating each other's poo and vomit
    My V key is broken
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    mike_l said: Madbrokentoaster was around under a different name, something involving banana's or similar.
    MBT became Happy Banana.
    Fretwired said: Who was the guy who worked in a guitar shop up north? He was playing a Level 42 lick on a bass badly when he had a tap on his shoulder and turned round to see Mark King standing behind him who put him right. And he sold some strings to a guy and pointed at a flyer on the counter for a Simple Minds gig and asked the guy if he was a fan and if he was going. The answer was something like "I figgin' hope so as I'm the guitarist' .. he was serving Charlie Burchill. He had an endless list of funny stories especially about trying to stop people playing Smoke on the water or Smells like teen spirit in the shop ...
    I don't remember that, that's awesome! Must have been before my time as a regular reader. I joined about the same time as Ol @Grunfeld after having lurked for a while, primarily on the Guitar Techniques forum.
    Danny1969 said:
    Huey
    Camerillo 
    Funky Fraz

Frashy made it over: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/profile/4791/funkyfraz @funkyfraz Sadly not been as active on here.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24573
    Vai&Maiden changed his name to Racerdeth

Sheol was the bloke with the impulse control problem - he also had a lovely GUS guitar.

Minky is on facebook

Not seen JonEve on here, but he's on facebook as well.
    I spot Bezzer on the PSN quite a lot, so he's definitely still alive.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Fretwired said:
    Adrian Clark

You can follow him on Twitter, he doesn't tweet much about guitar, though: https://twitter.com/adrianclark

Bits of his old site are still up: http://www.sfocata.co.uk/

viz said:
    Thing, Guitarfreeek, Fink_Floyd

I hope Dave thing is OK, he was so angry last I saw anything of him on MR. Posting stuff that would get him banned here. Quite likely moved to Australia to be with his family.

Guitarfreeek: http://www.jameswent.co.uk/ Now a magician, it's a terrible shame if he doesn't still play, he had great chops.

Wonder what happened to Fink? Any ideas? @fretmeister did he stay in touch?

Oh yeah, and check this for more of a blast from the past:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031025201036/http://forum.intermusic.com/

I'm reasonably sure that this is Morphed's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GFisher09

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    VimFuego said:

funkyfraz was a top fella, madder than a box full of march hares on acid, but a top bloke. Good to see him doing well.

EDIT: think I joined sometime in 02 as well, think I either joined the same day or the next day as noisy. We were about a year away from paying off the mortgage and I figured as I'd have more time on my hands I'd take up the guitar. IIRC my first post was asking where to go to in London to buy a guitar (I'd never actually heard of Denmark Street at the point in my life).

I didn't know you were a relative late comer to the guitar Mike. I do remember you paying up and moving out, ditching the rat race. At that time I hadn't long set up my own business (think i joined 2003 ish) and we'd just taken on a big mortgage having moved house, with child number 2 on the way. So much water under the bridge since then, wow.

Only forum bloke I met in person was Bert, and he was a good chap.

One good thing, amongst the many, about this forum and its community is that you can buy stuff off each other knowing it's alright, and that it will probably do what you expect it to do. That was how I got to know Bert, bought some strat pickups from him
    Fink is happy on facebook, he qualified as a barrister and seems to be doing very nicely for himself if the Porsche photos are anything to go by.

I'm very happy for him actually - I remember when he was a nervous first year law student, and it's a real bitch to get through all the training and into practice these days.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Not seen JonEve on here, but he's on facebook as well.

Mr Eve is around, but not a great amount.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JRLJRL Frets: 16
    ah, Morphed and aZZa, those were the days...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    edited January 2015
    Anyone remember the Vai'n'Maiden/Racerdeath incident with Manuelo El Hamstero (Mannythehamster) ?

We haven't had a good pitchfork & torches uprising on here yet really by comparison  !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

I think I started lurking around 2003 on Intermusic and joined in early 2004ish ? it was just after the Azza thing anyway...

Mainly active in guitar/music related topics I kept out of OffTopic as it was a bit daunting in those days !

Went to 2005 Gasfest and met a lot of really nice people and have kept in touch via Facebook etc and as Wyniro said you do "care" about the internet friends you make ... even if you only met them once or twice.

to add to the list of MIA

CampfireStrummer

Bird.Land

Dennis

Cruxiform ???

OpenGee

AtomicPanda

there are loads of others ...

There were 3 from Brighton - a girl & 2 blokes who were all in a band.   One of the guys was Leigh-something perhaps - bit of a Jazz afficianado, anyone remember them ?

Feedback
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Haiku was one of them ......
    Mega-X

(Runs for cover)
    sticker said:
    Haiku was one of them ......
    Well remembered !!!!!

Feedback
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15614
    Mega-X

(Runs for cover)
    was that she of the feta crisps?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom