Past members who never returned

What's Hot

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12415
    d8m said:
    d8m said:
    bingefeller;493987" said:
    jd0272 said:

I recall criticising a young chap on MR who had a Slash obsession, and he posted a terrible video of himself killing some G'n'R. I Immediately wished I had not posted. I hope he's well. Can't recall his Username. Sometimes I fucking hate the interweb. And me.

Ah yeah I remember that thread. His screen name was something like Trebor.  Yeah that was tough going for him. 
    Thanks for the apology.

I got over it eventually!
    @d8m  what was your screen name back then?
    I was joking  B-)

Wasn't on MR.
    I thought so!!  I was testing you because that other dude's username came back to me.  I found his old videos on Youtube too. 
    Was this the guy with really nice guitars in a weird dark room? you got a link to the youtube vids @bingefeller ;
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 366
    holnrew said:
    It's 12 years this month since I joined the intermusic forum. Lots of people have been and gone in that time. Pretty mental to think about what I've lived through during that time too. I was a 17 year old virgin Jehovah's Witness, and now I'm a 29 year old atheist who's had sex at least 20 times with a whole one person.

I think I'm even worse at guitar now though.
    I'm certainly no better.

Must be about 14 years for me. My eldest is about to turn 16 and he was a baby when I 1st joined intermusic. I remember Fretwired and possibly Vim were active in those days and a few others who are still on Facebook if not here. It's strange but I definitely 'care' about the wellbeing of people who I've known for so long but have rarely, if ever met. I still get glassy eyed when I remember Jason Morris and I only ever met him face to face a couple of times. As a species we're still getting our heads around on line friendships and how to process them.

Tonight may have involved Vodka.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4927
    Rocker said:
    If he has not been mentioned so far: BlindLemonAde
    Oh, good call, @Rocker - BLA was pretty handy.  Also anyone remember Luuke? (there might have been more u's in his name...).  And Thing...
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7839
    edited January 2015
    I was on the Intermusic/Guitarist forum from around 2001 and thence to MR (though there only intermittently for a number of years) and subsequently here :)

There are quite a few from those days that it's a shame are no longer around, but one thing you notice if you spend any time on a forum is that people come and go :)

Some who never made it here I'm still friends with on FB and some I've not seen or spoken to since the last Gasfest I got to, which was probably the 2005 one.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044
    edited January 2015
    WYNIR0 said:

Must be about 14 years for me.
    I reckon about 12 for me, about the same time as Holn.  Cos I was at Gasfest in 2004 and I reckoned I washed up the year before that.  And thinking of Gasfest in 2004 has reminded me of Trell and getting utterly hammered with him.  Dunno where he is these days.

And thinking of getting hammered has reminded me of Jehle and that fucking bottle of moonshine he brought over from Alabama.  I think it was nice.
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 366
    Hey Ol, Trel is still on Facebook. Pretty quiet but seems to have found himself and to be happy/
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044
    WYNIR0 said:
    Hey Ol, Trel is still on Facebook. Pretty quiet but seems to have found himself and to be happy/
    Ah cool! 

(Good to see you again Nick!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    d8m said:
    d8m said:
    jd0272 said:

I recall criticising a young chap on MR who had a Slash obsession, and he posted a terrible video of himself killing some G'n'R. I Immediately wished I had not posted. I hope he's well. Can't recall his Username. Sometimes I fucking hate the interweb. And me.

Ah yeah I remember that thread. His screen name was something like Trebor.  Yeah that was tough going for him. 
    Thanks for the apology.

I was joking  B-)

Wasn't on MR.

Ya bastid! Figured tho  ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • d8m said:
    d8m said:
    jd0272 said:

Thanks for the apology.

I was joking  B-)

Wasn't on MR.
    I thought so!!  I was testing you because that other dude's username came back to me.  I found his old videos on Youtube too. 
    Was this the guy with really nice guitars in a weird dark room? you got a link to the youtube vids @bingefeller ;

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Limbicsystem?

• I joined the IM forum in 2003 - it was a good laugh. I was in uni at the time and many an hour was spent in the computer suite on the forum...I remember many of the old names; aZZa especially. There was also:

MadBrokenToaster
    Stinkfoot
    Vai 'n' Maiden
    Bezzer
    Minky Monkey
    TotalWar

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Snap - yeah Synthman is Richard Steed (whom I was actually referring to earlier when I had him confused with Skodster).  He did pop up here briefly to promote his (at the time) latest masterpiece.
    It's not all that's popped up according to one of his recent Youtube uploads

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The early days of Intermusic were good .. people like Simon Bradley and Adrian Clark used to post and there were some characters. Anyone remember Sad Old Man? The guy got gas bad .. he'd go into a shop for some strings and come out with a new amp and guitar. He claimed to have spent £20K on gear in under a year. A few of us met with with him for a drink at a pub in Stevenage - WYNIRO and Dennis were there. I bought a Strat and an amp from him. I still have the guitar.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24583
    I joined Intermusic in August 2002. I had to cancel coming to the first Gasfest in 2003 because the missus was pregnant and unwell.

Blimey that's a lot of wasted time!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited January 2015
    Fretwired said:
    The early days of Intermusic were good .. people like Simon Bradley and Adrian Clark used to post and there were some characters. Anyone remember Sad Old Man? The guy got gas bad .. he'd go into a shop for some strings and come out with a new amp and guitar. He claimed to have spent £20K on gear in under a year. A few of us met with with him for a drink at a pub in Stevenage - WYNIRO and Dennis were there. I bought a Strat and an amp from him. I still have the guitar.

I'd still be in touch with Adrian from time to time via email for some custom transcriptions. Glad I met him through the old MR forum because he is one of the best.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    God! 'Intermusic'! Blast from the past. I remember the 'upgrades' and not being happy with 'change'! Especially as I was racking up some decent thread counts in my old username and they didnt transfer my name! (I was Gibsongaz#1 IIRC!).
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7839
    edited January 2015
    I remember there was a guy at the first Gasfest (Skeol / Sheol? something like that) who had wandered into a guitar shop, I think while waiting for his missus to buy some shoes or something, and came out with a crazily expensive PRS (£3-5K).
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12414
    I was on intermusic too. There was even wimminz on it in those days too!!!!!! Wasn't it Rockbabe who organised the first Gasfests?
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:

I'd still be in touch with Adrian from time to time via email for some custom transcriptions. Glad I met him through the old MR forum because he is one of the best.
    I chat with Adrian and Simon on Facebook ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10454

Minky Monkey
    Huey
    Camerillo 
    Mad Broken Toaster
    Sammo306
    Funky Fraz

www.2020studios.co.uk