Past members who never returned

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Anyone remember Richard Steed's [Synthman] claim that he came home to find his girlfriend having anal sex with a mate ... went on for ages. It was hilarious and resulted in another ban.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Anyone remember Limbicsystem?

Oh and Fretwired, I knew (worked with) 2 people who had that happen to them (not anal), one found his dad in bed with his missus.

The other came home and found his missus in bed with another woman.

Both true.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15720
    limbicsystem was alright, he started out as a troll but ended up being a bit of a dude.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Emp_Fab said:
    Minky !!  XLR8...  I always hoped he would let me have a go at driving a 747 that he flies.
    he flies 777's these days...
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Fretwired said:
    Anyone remember Richard Steed's [Synthman] claim that he came home to find his girlfriend having anal sex with a mate ... went on for ages. It was hilarious and resulted in another ban.
    He stood there and timed them? Fckn hero attitude IMO.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4055
    Clarky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Minky !!  XLR8...  I always hoped he would let me have a go at driving a 747 that he flies.
    @Clarky Is Neil still making guitars?  I've just googled but the site seems old and not updated for a long time. 
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Grunfeld said:
    Clarky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    @Clarky Is Neil still making guitars?  I've just googled but the site seems old and not updated for a long time. 
    not spoke to him for a while.. which reminds me…
    I'm long over due to give him a call pop by for a chit chat..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    mike_l said:

Oh and Fretwired, I knew (worked with) 2 people who had that happen to them (not anal), one found his dad in bed with his missus.

Both true.

Me dad? No. I'd be a touch upset. Another bloke, I'd be a touch upset too. Pointless going all berserk, but upset nontheless.

Another woman? In all seriousness, as long as she was fit (she'd have to be, the Mrs is and she's picky), I would likely make it known I could work with that. I am shallow. I'd have to get me diary out though.

"You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    Fretwired said:
     The girlfriend was supposedly a well known page 3 model IIRC. I think someone from the forum tried to alert her to Mr Steed's fantasies too.
    >:D<
  • mike_l said:

Both true.

Lucky bastard!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    Clarky said:
    Grunfeld said:
    Clarky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    not spoke to him for a while.. which reminds me…
    I'm long over due to give him a call pop by for a chit chat..
    Yes, and no.  Not as Morgan Guitars, he's got something else (very vague that he didn't really want to talk about) going on ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    mike_l said:

Both true.

Lucky bastard!
    The end of the story isn't so good. (Not the time, or place, but if you want to know, PM)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:

Both true.

I both love and fear these kinds of stories!!
  • thomasross20 said: I both love and fear these kinds of stories!!
    It's funny because it's someone else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think it's funny as such - I find it fascinating! How did they get to that point - did they realise how big a deal it was, what happened after etc... Some sort of morbid fascination lol. 

thomasross20 knows the ending now.

Like I said, not good.

Certainly not what most of you will have thought.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4941
    Were Rachel and Albion Lass the same person?
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Well, their pictures were very different.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5057
    edited January 2015
    Can't remember exactly when I started stalking lurking on the various previous versions of the forum, but a hell of a lot of the names/ incidents I can certainly remember.

Goji's just a few miles down the road so I see him from time to time.

Moon was an odd one for sure, Sporky introduced himself to me as Moon @ a Beaglefest just after he'd been perma-banned and I fell for it for a moment!

I actually saw Steedy in the flesh here in Liverpool about a year ago walking down Matthew Street. It was at that moment I was glad we have avatars so I could just keep on walking ;)

I'd have to rate the boxcutter thread from Clint as one of the best Inferweb meltdowns ever though, it was pure box of frogs.

Very glad that most of us have managed to migrate from one to the other though, keeps a sense of continuity, even if that's not always necessarily for the best.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I must have joined intermusic in about 2003. Didn't got to the first Gasfest but in one of the later ones I ended up playing I Will Survive with @fretmeister and Trel IIRC. I also played Used to Love Her on bass! At the last one I did Creep by Radiohead. They are the only times I've played live!.

I've met Quite a few forum folk, swapping gear ETC and went to the Krazy House in Liverpool with @DLM and Nick Botfield. I guess I'm a bit anonymous as I never really got involved in Off Topic but I do remember people like Jase Morris being supportive of my amateur playing in the old forum Solo Backing Track things...