The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546
    Agreed. I genuinely think the DRS is wrong. It appears to have followed the trajectory after clipping the pad. I doubt it turned sufficiently to hit leg stump. I think the umpire was correct in having sufficient doubt to say not out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1175
    I think Stokes should be dropped for the next test match.  He's too flamboyant for you conservative lot.  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22188

however go back 20 years before Hawkeye existed it would have been not out - it hit the front pad first deflected to the back pad and looked to the naked eye it was drifting down leg, so not surprised the umpire gave it not out. I like Tim Paine but he’s mugged himself off there! 
    Not to this naked eye. It's a shitawful umpiring decision. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    Anderson out for the rest of the Ashes - Makes you wonder how many more tests he'll play

Get Critchley in to the squad - He helped to capture the wicket of Smith today for 23
  • Christ I just flicked the India Windies test on for a quick look and there is an absolute monster called Cornwall bowling.  He is about as wide as the county.

To be fair he has just picked up Pujara though! 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11317
    Christ I just flicked the India Windies test on for a quick look and there is an absolute monster called Cornwall bowling.  He is about as wide as the county.

To be fair he has just picked up Pujara though! 
    Gavaskar on commentary said that the Windies Cricket Board should be congratulated on finding a shirt big enough.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Meanwhile,some results from the Romania T20 Cup:

Turkey 
    28 (11.3 overs)
    v
     Luxembourg
    29/2 (3.1 overs)

Czech Republic 
    278/4 (20 overs)
    v
     Turkey

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    edited September 2019
    Why is Roy still in the squad?

Ed Smith should be sacked.
    crunchman said:

What pisses me off (among many, many, many things) is the argument that we can move Jason Roy to no 4 to help him and move Joe Denly to open without a hint of a regard for whether or not this is better for Joe.

Still, if it makes things easier for the Surrey player...
  • scrumhalf said:
    crunchman said:

What pisses me off (among many, many, many things) is the argument that we can move Jason Roy to no 4 to help him and move Joe Denly to open without a hint of a regard for whether or not this is better for Joe.

Still, if it makes things easier for the Surrey player...

It's the Bayliss era in a nutshell. We're moving Roy to 4 despite his ODI position opening and his FC position much lower down, we're putting Joe Denly in to open despite him not doing this at FC level for Kent any longer, and we're still going to insist on Joe Root batting at 3 despite all the evidence showing that 4 is his spot, whilst possibly retaining two keepers who are out of form with the bat and replacing them with an all rounder or two... 

Then again, Australia are no better. Matt Wade had a ton at Edgbaston to his name: now he's on the verge of being dropped for Mitchell sodding Marsh because there's an unspoken rule with the Aussie selectors that you have to have a Marsh play in every series... 

tFB Trader
    just confirmed - Denly back to open - Roy to 4
  • Just back myself.

A great knock from Stokes, he was seeing the ball incredibly well (to reverse sweep a bowler of Nathans calibre on a day 4 pitch is an achievement). A great boost for test cricket, which to be honest needs it.

A lucky escape for England with that last plumb LBW (that umpire made some shocking calls), at least the series is still alive :)

Lets see how then next one goes....
    tFB Trader
    @RandallFlagg - Enjoy Thursday - Weather looks god for Thursday - maybe rain on Friday, but the rest of the match should be good

Let's hope we build on that momentum 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    I'm playing at the county ground New Road Worcester today....! Yaaaaay.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    I'm playing at the county ground New Road Worcester today....! Yaaaaay.
    Packed your scuba gear?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @RandallFlagg - Enjoy Thursday - Weather looks god for Thursday - maybe rain on Friday, but the rest of the match should be good

I'm at Old Trafford tomorrow (Wednesday), watching on the telly on Thursday.

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11459
    Overton starting ahead of Woakes
    tFB Trader
    @RandallFlagg - Enjoy Thursday - Weather looks god for Thursday - maybe rain on Friday, but the rest of the match should be good

I'm at Old Trafford tomorrow (Wednesday), watching on the telly on Thursday.
    I've just found out it starts Wed - Just so drilled mentally for a Thurs start that I had not even checked and just assumed - Then just heard an update on R5 stating it starts Wed - So had to check it - I'd have missed a day otherwise 

But out most of Wed so will need to adjust a bit of my schedule
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    edited September 2019
    England XI for fourth Test: Rory Burns, Joe Denly, Joe Root (capt), Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jos Buttler, Craig Overton, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Jack Leach.

I'm in Sale Premier Inn tonight meeting a mate later and we'll be in the A stands tomorrow. Bring it on!

I'm nervous...always nervous before the match starts

• breezytelebreezytele Frets: 273
    edited September 2019
    I’m glad they’re sticking with Roy ( just feel there might be a big knock soon)