Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• The thing is... last season there was no real signs of mental descent. They didn't build it into that season because they obviously didn't know what the hell they were doing.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12279
    Why do we think Dany was mad?

She wasn't, she was much more dangerous, a zealot who thought she was "saving the world".

She always thought that, she was just sliding down a slippery slope.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12027
    We know how merciless she can be, the fact is that all the "good guys" in the show were happy with that, so whilst you can argue that she has always been this way, it was never a problem before.

Now all of the sudden it now is and then to the other characters it was like a surprise and they can't stand beside her anymore but before it was fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    We know how merciless she can be, the fact is that all the "good guys" in the show were happy with that, so whilst you can argue that she has always been this way, it was never a problem before.

Now all of the sudden it now is and then to the other characters it was like a surprise and they can't stand beside her anymore but before it was fine.
    It's almost like it was informed by human history of the rise of despots.

• Why do we think Dany was mad?

She wasn't, she was much more dangerous, a zealot who thought she was "saving the world".

She always thought that, she was just sliding down a slippery slope.
    On reflection I agree more with this than the mad descent idea actually.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5062
    No photo description available

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3090
    Well, its over and we thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was, the last 6 episodes were on the whole a bit lightweight in places, but overall a good watch......
    We have now decided to binge watch the lot again from the start then sack NowTV, which I only subbed to for the GOT final series.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1689
    BSG was great :)

Also great (though with the odd ropey episode) the oft forgotten Babylon 5... with ropey CGI and music from the guy from Tangerine Dream...

Babylon 5's a big pile of shit.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12279
    DannyP said:
    BSG was great :)

Also great (though with the odd ropey episode) the oft forgotten Babylon 5... with ropey CGI and music from the guy from Tangerine Dream...

Babylon 5's a big pile of shit.
    GET OUT! ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    edited May 2019
    I liked it, the mad kings daughter met the right end as she had slid into madness, and it concluded almost full circle apart from Arya sailing off.

FWIW I always thought she had the best storyline with the faces etc
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2015
    Tone71 said:
    No...No...

...No.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Tone71 said:
    Are you sure you’re not confusing her with Ronnie Wood ? ;)
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    sticker said:
    Tone71 said:
    I was waiting for that :)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14002
    edited May 2019
    Look at this scene from Season 3:

Jorah: "If you want to sit on the throne your ancestors built you must win it, that will mean blood on your hands before the thing is done"

Daenerys: "The blood of my enemies not the blood of innocents"

Jorah (to Sir Barristan) "Have you ever seen a war where innocents didn't die by the thousands?" 

Sir Barristan: Shakes head

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12504
    sticker said:
    Tone71 said:
    She had one of the hardest paths to the end I would say. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2939
    I was a bit "is that it?" At the ending but at the same time don't know what else I would have wanted from it. Seems like a lot of people feel a bit short changed by it, I'm not that fussed. It was better than the final episode of a lot of other TV show, and as a whole GoT has been awesome.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12068
    It occurred to me that the Romans infibulated slave men instead of castrating them, to ensure full muscular development

In that case, surely the unsullied would have not gone through puberty, and would not have normal bodies or voices. FIrst google search finds this:

Dr. Richard Wassersug, retired professor of anatomy and neurobiology and an expert on the psychology of castration:
    “So much of this is not consistent with biology. Grey Worm would not have gone through puberty. He’d be taller than any of the men around. He would have a larger chest, knock-kneed deformities, no facial hair, no body hair, although plenty of hair on his head, and a loud, high-pitched voice. Historically, eunuchs were warriors — but they were strategists. They planned the war. They were generals. The problem of making the Unsullied into automaton child warriors is that they would not make good soldiers. The lack of testosterone would slow them down. If you castrated them as kids, they would have less muscle mass to use swords and spears, and by denying them an identity and denying them maternal care, they would have been so damaged. All of that aside, there’s no question that sex drive does go down with castration, but that doesn’t necessarily mean one is asexual. He wouldn’t have a lot of testosterone, he’d have a little from his adrenal glands. 

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    It occurred to me that the Romans infibulated slave men instead of castrating them, to ensure full muscular development

In that case, surely the unsullied would have not gone through puberty, and would not have normal bodies or voices. FIrst google search finds this:

Dr. Richard Wassersug, retired professor of anatomy and neurobiology and an expert on the psychology of castration:
    “So much of this is not consistent with biology. Grey Worm would not have gone through puberty. He’d be taller than any of the men around. He would have a larger chest, knock-kneed deformities, no facial hair, no body hair, although plenty of hair on his head, and a loud, high-pitched voice. Historically, eunuchs were warriors — but they were strategists. They planned the war. They were generals. The problem of making the Unsullied into automaton child warriors is that they would not make good soldiers. The lack of testosterone would slow them down. If you castrated them as kids, they would have less muscle mass to use swords and spears, and by denying them an identity and denying them maternal care, they would have been so damaged. All of that aside, there’s no question that sex drive does go down with castration, but that doesn’t necessarily mean one is asexual. He wouldn’t have a lot of testosterone, he’d have a little from his adrenal glands. 

It's not real. There's dragons and you're worried about the accuracy of some guy losing his meat and veg...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2949
    Ive been away or the past week and only just seen the final episode.  Ok we all knew this season was rushed and the writing was not like that of the first series etc etc...

With that out of the way, I thought the end was a fitting way to bring it to a close.   

The show started with the Starkes and ended with then, pretty much getting what the wanted in season one. Sansa the Queen, Arya the explorer and Jon got his family.    

Its been a great show from the opening episode and I am very sorry that is over.

So...what the next thing for us to watch?