Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7349
    Is that 4 loops?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    PolarityMan;726295" said:
    Is that 4 loops?
    Yes it has 4 loops so if you have some pedals you simply can't live without (as I do) you can still incorporate them into the rig.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Helix + H9 is my plan! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    @digitalscream scrap that. Paul just told me effects can be set momentary but at the moment you can't set the control functions that way. Possibly something you'll be able to do on a future update but like we always say, no promises. ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27034
    @digitalscream scrap that. Paul just told me effects can be set momentary but at the moment you can't set the control functions that way. Possibly something you'll be able to do on a future update but like we always say, no promises. ;-)
    OK, good to know - thanks :)
    <space for hire>
    @Digital_Igloo @rossyamaha

On the Helix website there is an image of the screen with a patch called 'Dream Rig Duet' loaded, which has 14 blocks in it. Is this a legit patch, or just something whipped up in photoshop/premiere as an example? What I mean to ask is... can it run all 14 of those blocks at once?

I know some patches are going to be limited in terms of number of blocks, based on available DSP resources, but I'm wondering what a typical average amount of blocks would be for patches that a: don't use any amps or cabs, and b: only use one amp and one impulse response.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaha;725225" said:
    Heads up folks. More of tha toanz! image 
    Sounds great. Big fan of his playing too

Nobody commenting on the rack mounted model behind his left shoulder?!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

Nobody commenting on the rack mounted model behind his left shoulder?!
    It's not new really. We knew about it when Helix was announced.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    Hmm, am I missing something? It doesn't seem (through youtube compression and headphones) to sound much better than anything else...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited August 2015
    Well today I'm writing with a PODHD and it sounds, y'know good. Like a recorded amp. Could sound better if I was better at production but thats my own limitation.

Short of literally sending out pixies to suck my dick I'm not sure how much of an improvement would be noticable or really necessary. I hope for the Helix to improve on cabs. effects and "feel" but its not a massive jump at this point.
    Hmm, am I missing something?
    Yes. Ignore the sounds even... and just look at it from a workflow and features perspective. Ever wanted a TC G-System on acid? This is it.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    Drew_fx said:
    Hmm, am I missing something?
    Yes. Ignore the sounds even... and just look at it from a workflow and features perspective. Ever wanted a TC G-System on acid? This is it.
    Interesting.. will have to look further then...
  • Drew_fx said:

On the Helix website there is an image of the screen with a patch called 'Dream Rig Duet' loaded, which has 14 blocks in it. Is this a legit patch, or just something whipped up in photoshop/premiere as an example? What I mean to ask is... can it run all 14 of those blocks at once?

I know some patches are going to be limited in terms of number of blocks, based on available DSP resources, but I'm wondering what a typical average amount of blocks would be for patches that a: don't use any amps or cabs, and b: only use one amp and one impulse response.
    Generally, if you use two amps and two cabs (or two IRs), that'll eat up almost one of the two DSPs. We made "Dream Rig Duet" to look pretty—it doesn't sound pretty!—but you should be able to get more than 14 blocks, depending on what models you use. If you go whole hog and add four Amp+Cab blocks, don't expect to get more than an effect or two. Unless you really like EQs and volume pedals.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    OK, I'm in the "fortunate" position having sold some gear of getting one of these at launch...(its going to be hard not spending the money, but I think from the demos etc its going to be worth it)

This will be my first step into the fully digital world and hope some of you techies can answer a few things !! Bear in mind I'm a gigging guitarist rather than a recording/studio-use player

1. Is it totally pointless getting a Helix to only run it 4CM into a combo (basically bypassing the amp sims)

2. Would I be better running it into a Matrix amp and cab and using the Sims?

3. One for @Digital_Igloo - whats the support going to be like for this product - just thinking about the M Series which I had for a little while - numerous switch problems, power supply problems etc, none of which were ever properly solved by Line 6 - is this Helix in a different league build-wise? Is there going to be a UK based Line 6 tech repair/warranty centre for these on launch?

4. What would you guys go for? Rack or Floor? My thoughts are floor space at gigs..am I going to end up with a pedal board the size of NASA ground control again if I go floor mount + a few pedals in the loops? I did this with the G System for a while and the real estate required on stage was ridicluous!!  My heart says Rack + poweramp in SKB on top of a nice 2x12 cab with 1 cable out to floorboard....is this how it would work? (similar to G System) more expensive going the rack route but just think it may be beneficial down the line..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:

Generally, if you use two amps and two cabs (or two IRs), that'll eat up almost one of the two DSPs. We made "Dream Rig Duet" to look pretty—it doesn't sound pretty!—but you should be able to get more than 14 blocks, depending on what models you use. If you go whole hog and add four Amp+Cab blocks, don't expect to get more than an effect or two. Unless you really like EQs and volume pedals.
    Cool, cheers.

This is what I'm envisioning, aside from the fact that "at launch" ;) the Helix will be missing a few of these:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630473/BoardNeeds.jpg

• There's another new silly video up:

Dangling Platypus are AWESOME!
  • GianniGianni Frets: 0
    but I did not understand if there is a delay loop in Helix ???

The Design Guy looks a bit like @Octatonic.