Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7301
    Drew_fx said:
    The Design Guy looks a bit like @DaLefty.

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Checkout that crunch at 4:08.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    edited August 2015
    Either his timing was perfect or the delay trails kept on going after he switched patches into the crunch mode. It looks a fantastic piece of kit.
  • That sounds great
  • Chappers has had the line 6 guy into his flat with the Heiix.

So expect another video soon
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    Is someone stalking Chappers?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    My mate has just put up a vid using the Helix

He's with Chappers and Lee just now doing an Andertons Demo

Bass is a little too pokey in that clip for me. I like the guitar tones though.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26847
    Cabicular said:
    My mate has just put up a vid using the Helix

He's with Chappers and Lee just now doing an Andertons Demo

Wow. I can't imagine that Rob and Lee will make it sound any better than that, but...if it's easy enough to get that kind of tone out of it, then I'm sold.
    <space for hire>
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Paul could play a shoebox with a rubber band and make it sound amazing to be fair ;)
    but that does sound great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul is an absolute monster. Get him on here!
  • That was a great clip... I'm mighty tempted!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    that clip with the Bogner sounded very, very good.

You never know but this looks like it could be the business

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    edited August 2015
    Sorry if this is a numpty question but I'm trying to get my head round what this thing will offer and trying to understand patches and what not having "scenes" means. 

At the moment I have a Joyo PXL looper on my board.  With that I can, for example, program preset 1A to access FX pedals 1, 2, 3 and activate the amp clean channel and preset 1B to access FX pedals 4, 5, 6 and activate the amp lead channel.  If I'm in bank 1 then I can go from FX 1/2/3 plus clean (footswich A) to FX 4/5/6 plus lead by pressing footswitch B half way through a song.

Now if I replace everything (fx, looper, amp) with a Helix, put in a chain with FX 1-6 and an amp then can I set it up to achieve the same thing (ie change from FX1/2/3/clean to FX4/5/6/lead) with a single footswitch press?
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    that clip with the Bogner sounded very, very good.

You never know but this looks like it could be the business
    Also the gains were coming from the distortions on the Helix as far as I can tell!
    siremoon said:
    Sorry if this is a numpty question but I'm trying to get my head round what this thing will offer and trying to understand patches and what not having "scenes" means.

It means that you'll need a patch per sound that you want to achieve, or you'll need to program your switches carefully within a single patch. It really depends on how seamless the patch transitions are going to be.

At the moment I have a Joyo PXL looper on my board.  With that I can, for example, program preset 1A to access FX pedals 1, 2, 3 and activate the amp clean channel and preset 1B to access FX pedals 4, 5, 6 and activate the amp lead channel.  If I'm in bank 1 then I can go from FX 1/2/3 plus clean (footswich A) to FX 4/5/6 plus lead by pressing footswitch B half way through a song.

Now if I replace everything (fx, looper, amp) with a Helix, put in a chain with FX 1-6 and an amp then can I set it up to achieve the same thing (ie change from FX1/2/3/clean to FX4/5/6/lead) with a single footswitch press?
    I think it will be possible and there will be a few ways to skin that cat - you could set up switches to turn on/off multiple effects at once. You could program them to send midi or to switch the built in effects loops, presumably at the same time. Or you could run a patch per sound as I said previously.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Ok thanks for that

Looks pretty impressive so far so it will be interesting to see how it sounds and how useable it actually is in real situations
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Andertons are now showing it as available to order (£1070 for floor version).
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Well as usual I'm late to the party. Prices are out there now. All being well, floor unit will start shipping in September. Rack and controller october/ November. I'm gonna get to play with one next week so anything in particular you want me to find out or play with let me know.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.