Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    a work Geordie!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26712
    A quick spoiler on that vid: yes it is that good, and yes...I expect it to prompt a whole load of fanboy-in-denial threads over at the Fractal forums.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    Bloody hell. Just watched the video. That looks and sounds like a phenomenal piece of kit.
    I have to admit that sounds great
    I'm a big fan of line6s pedal emulations. I've always had an issue with the Amp Modelling
    This is different... I'll have to try one but the test is.. would I use it live...
    edited August 2015
    Bloody hell. Just watched the video. That looks and sounds like a phenomenal piece of kit.
    Yes, it does. I thought it'd be good, but I was quite surprised by how good.

Cabicular said:
    I have to admit that sounds great
    I'm a big fan of line6s pedal emulations. I've always had an issue with the Amp Modelling
    This is different... I'll have to try one but the test is.. would I use it live...
    That's what I want to find out for myself. If the workflow is as good as it seems to be, then this could well be the ultimate solution - because the interface fixes all the problems with using previous generations of digital gear (including the Fractal and Kemper kit).

At this point, I'm not even considering the AX8.
    <space for hire>
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3674
    And that Paul Hindmarsh is a fabulous guitarist. What a great touch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2015
    To my ears the modelling doesn't sound alll that great, very clinical and hi-fi sounding tones

Couldn't really tell the difference between those tones and my HD500
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    To my ears the modelling doesn't sound alll that great, very clinical.

I would agree, nothing there sounded that great, but room, YouTube etc could be responsible for that. To me it sounded quite cold and digital although it is clearly touch responsive.. Jury out till I actually try one
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Maybe it is his playing style, but most of the first few amps sounded very similar and generic

Some other sounds were awesome though
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2015
    Teetonetal;749603" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

To my ears the modelling doesn't sound alll that great, very clinical.

I would agree, nothing there sounded that great, but room, YouTube etc could be responsible for that. To me it sounded quite cold and digital although it is clearly touch responsive..

Jury out till I actually try one
    Totally agree, gonna have to try one out

without starting another Chappers debate I do find that their demos don't bring out the best in the gear they're pushing.
    Interesting. I thought it sounded exactly like an amp which has been recorded with a single mic and left unprocessed.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    @RossYamaha @Digital_Igloo - you've made me right tumescent. Need new pants!
    digitalscream;749618" said:
    Interesting. I thought it sounded exactly like an amp which has been recorded with a single mic and left unprocessed.
    Which is why I think you need to hear it in the flesh
  • Sounds promising.  I'm going to wait for the non honeymoon/sales promo reviews before I pass any real kind of observations on it but it all looks good so far still.
    My only issue with this Andertons demo is there's a bit too much bluesy toss, and a bit too much widdly-widdly stuff. I wanna hear Tool and Deftones coming from this thing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscream;749618" said:
    Trouble is said amp doesn't sound very good at this stage!
    digitalscream;749618" said:
    Trouble is said amp doesn't sound very good at this stage!
    How experienced are you at hearing a mic'd up amp in the studio control room environment? To me it sounded basically identical.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx;749660" said:
    My only issue with this Andertons demo is there's a bit too much bluesy toss, and a bit too much widdly-widdly stuff. I wanna hear Tool and Deftones coming from this thing.
    Well bluesy toss / widdly toss is probably reflecting their biggest target demographic.
    I disagree but then these things are subjective
    I thought the first two tones were a bit wooly for me but then it started to open up
    Problem I have with all this is that SS equipment just doesn't compete with a live drummer
    Maybe this will be there one that will be different
    If not they are getting close
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Drew_fx said:
    Ironically if you wanted the White Pony tone your best bet would be the old POD.