Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2441

So who wants to try one/ hear one in the flesh before they land? Catch is you have to be able to get to London on 12/ 13 September. But you will get to meet the beautiful man that is Paul Hindmarsh.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26586

So who wants to try one/ hear one in the flesh before they land? Catch is you have to be able to get to London on 12/ 13 September. But you will get to meet the beautiful man that is Paul Hindmarsh.

Yep, I'm in! What's happening?
    <space for hire>

Yep, I'm in! What's happening?
    See my last post duck.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, I was a bit slow posting. I'd be up for the Sunday, but I can't see any way to get tickets except for Saturday?
    <space for hire>
    Tickets are just for the concert on saturday night. All the other stuff will be happening during the day at our Yamaha Music London Store. No ticket required.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Cool, I might get along to the Sunday in store.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I was there this week, its been remodelled since i last saw with a swanky Line 6 booth.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Gotta say the interface and functionality look top notch, also like that it has loops..
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    The awkwardness....when Paul Hindmarsh didnt want to go out for a curry........

That Helix thing is proper mental.  I think I've now convinced myself its too much for me. It'd be like using a Lambo for the fish n chips run.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RMJ said:
    The awkwardness....when Paul Hindmarsh didnt want to go out for a curry........

That Helix thing is proper mental.  I think I've now convinced myself its too much for me. It'd be like using a Lambo for the fish n chips run.  
    I remember Bonamassa using a TC2290 purely for a slapback. THAT was a bit much.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    gotta say it looks bloody impressive.. the options and routing available very impressive.  Fractal may beat it on modelling (and thats a MAY), but the AX8 looks very out-dated already.

Any word on them maybe adding more amp models in the future? there are a few missing I would have liked to make it ideal. 
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Would some of you guys mind telling me the ways in which you envisage yourselves using the Helix?

Would it replace all of your pedals and amp, or just your pedals?

I was skeptical at first but have to admit the Sean Halley demos have made me take notice. I love the idea of everything in one unit although I think I'd use it with the 4 cable method and my existing amp and cab.

Would the fellow H9 and Strymon users out there ditch those pedals in favour of the Helix?

Hard to say of course until anyone has used the Helix but would love to hear people's thoughts.

Cheers
  • DavusPG;752799" said:
    Would some of you guys mind telling me the ways in which you envisage yourselves using the Helix?

Would it replace all of your pedals and amp, or just your pedals?

I was skeptical at first but have to admit the Sean Halley demos have made me take notice. I love the idea of everything in one unit although I think I'd use it with the 4 cable method and my existing amp and cab.

Would the fellow H9 and Strymon users out there ditch those pedals in favour of the Helix?

Hard to say of course until anyone has used the Helix but would love to hear people's thoughts.

Cheers
    I think if I lived in a flat or terrace with thin walls, I'd probably sell everything for home playing and just use a helix.

Seriously there are some home players with an amp worth the same as a helix alone plus stomps. If it's separate to gigging and rehearsal kit it justifies itself in that way alone I reckon. If you've got the dollar anyway...

Not to mention it could just replace your pedalboard and even your amp for gigging. I think the audience for this thing is big.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I'd be highly tempted to just go helix + monitor for gigging.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Waiting for a  demo of a good clean sound. That'll be the acid test for me.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I think the routing thing is terrific. And for a covers/function band where you have to get reasonably close to the original sound of the track you're playing, you could use it in 4CM and have a bunch of different presets where you can choose a specific set of effects  along with an emulated preamp going into your own power amp. You've got almost any recognisable tone at the touch of a button.
    hugbot said:
    I'd be highly tempted to just go helix + monitor for gigging.
    Same here (for places with a decent PA, at least).
    <space for hire>
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    No harm in that, as long as you can still get a great tone on stage.
    I still would like to hear a good recording of a mic'd amp, rather than direct to desk.
  • No harm in that, as long as you can still get a great tone on stage.
    I still would like to hear a good recording of a mic'd amp, rather than direct to desk.
    Like in that second Andertons vid?