Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    USB all the way
    OK, my iMac is currently connected by firewire to a Focusrite Saffire audio interface with monitors connected. If I connect Helix direct to Mac via USB and set the Mac input to Helix and output to Saffire I can see movement on the Mac input meters but hear no sound output. How do I pass audio through this setup from Helix to Mac to Saffire?
    As said before if you want you can just connect the XLRs of the Helix to the saffire. Or not use the saffire at all.
    the advantage of the Helix as an audio interface is the dry signal that you can record on Channel 8 which means you can re-amp later
    having said that if you use a couple of mics or move the helix around a lot then you would be better just using the saffire
    You can aggregate devices as well if you want but it depends if the positives are worth the hassle for you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't you just set helix as audio input device and saffire as output device on the mac audio preferences. It ought to be a simple thing to do.

But im wondering why you even need the saffire? No way to connect your monitors to helix and just cut out that bit of the chain?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Can't you just set helix as audio input device and saffire as output device on the mac audio preferences. It ought to be a simple thing to do.

But im wondering why you even need the saffire? No way to connect your monitors to helix and just cut out that bit of the chain?
    Tried that, it doesn't work.

As for connecting monitors to Helix, the Helix is on the floor away from the desk so it's not practical with the trailing leads etc

Tried that, it doesn't work.

As for connecting monitors to Helix, the Helix is on the floor away from the desk so it's not practical with the trailing leads etc
    I run an aggregate for using an iRig HD for input and my macs internal for output to an iLoud speaker for when I’m on the move and both are also battery powered. It’s not as complicated as you think
    these are a good idea no matter what solution you plump for
    2 x Male XLR to 2 x Female XLR Balanced Microphone Twin Lead / Audio Patch Cable 5m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4VTQJ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-PzDAbKN72JY3

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You know, I was playing about the the Space Echo model the other night for 10 or 15 minutes before I went to bed and was just enjoying making strange noises and listening to the repeats decay. All the little nuances and interplay that you can get lost in for hours, like listening to the clock noise from an old EHX pedal or something. I don’t really remember hearing a digital model that captured that sort of thing quite as well as this one does. I’ll probably never actually use it in anger but it’s still really impressive
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited February 2018
    You know, I was playing about the the Space Echo model the other night for 10 or 15 minutes before I went to bed and was just enjoying making strange noises and listening to the repeats decay. All the little nuances and interplay that you can get lost in for hours, like listening to the clock noise from an old EHX pedal or something. I don’t really remember hearing a digital model that captured that sort of thing quite as well as this one does. I’ll probably never actually use it in anger but it’s still really impressive
    I've just updated to 2.3, busy schedule has meant I haven't had the time until now.  Wow!  I k now what you mean about the space echo, I had a real one years ago and it sounds like I remember.  The Kinky boost and comp are great too, and the train wreck sounds fantastic!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    So my Yamaha dxr10 arrived today... big question is do people have the volume on the helix up full and control the volume via the speaker or the other way round? 
  • Jetfire said:
    So my Yamaha dxr10 arrived today... big question is do people have the volume on the helix up full and control the volume via the speaker or the other way round? 
    Hardly a "big question" - try it both ways and see what works for you.

Personally, I go XLR -> mixer with fixed output level, and 1/4" -> monitor (HK Audio), and control the level with the volume knob on the Helix.

R.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    It is a big question, took  me a while to type it....!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Jetfire said:
    Hardly a "big question" - try it both ways and see what works for you.

Personally, I go XLR -> mixer with fixed output level, and 1/4" -> monitor (HK Audio), and control the level with the volume knob on the Helix.

R.
    Exactly what I do with a DXR10 but use a jack-XLR lead from the Helix to the DXR as the jack input is a bit noisy.  Don't have the volume on the DXR maxed, just enough so that with the Helix knob at half way it's loud enough, that way I have plenty of scope to turn the DXR up or down during a gig.

• 2.50 is here :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • And now the website crashed. :-/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I’m thinking I might leave it ‘til tomorrow...
  • Updated fine for me just now.
  • Sweeeeeet!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    I’ve just had a fun time recreating my ‘Chillis’ M13 board
    the BE100 sounds As it should
    i forgot how nice it is to take a bit of drive of it
    all the filters are there 
    it’s a good update 
  • Had a very brief go. The Friedman is IMO the best higher gain sound in it currently.

Will have fun with all the new effects another day.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26947
    edited February 2018
    @Digital_Igloo - is it possible to upgrade directly from 2.21 to 2.50, or am I going to have to go through 2.3 first? Yeah, I'm a bit slow...
    <space for hire>
  • @Digital_Igloo - is it possible to upgrade directly from 2.21 to 2.50, or am I going to have to go through 2.3 first? Yeah, I'm a bit slow...
    You can go straight to 2.50. Download the 2.51 editor first, just to be safe.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg