Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Really surprised by all the hankering for a Friedman model (basically a Marshall right?) - I hope line 6 go back to developin g thier own "new" models as the one up to know have been excellent.

I've wanted to play a friedman for years, seeing the likes of jerry Cantrell and Bill Keliher playing them has put them on a pedestal as the unobtainable amp tone I could never afford.   

I might play it for a while and end up back with the Mod2204, like whats happened when I've put time in with the dual rec / archon / solando models within the helix. But that's one of the real up points of this helix malarkey. Not having the spend out thousands of gold coins, to find out you still prefer old faithful!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7814
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Psyched to finally have time coming up over the weekend to actually start exploring the Helix. 

Any recommendations of ‘must try’ presets or anything? I look forward to creating my own tones in due course obviously but any highlights from the preset stuff that I should look at?
    There are no must try presets. They are all awful #allpresetssuck 

Just start with a blank canvas, think about the sounds you want and use your ears. If there are any amp speaker combinations you know well, start there. Oh and get the amp sound right before adding fx blocks - though I always like a little spring reverb just for some ambiance whilst creating sounds. Don't be afraid of playing with Sag and other deep dive settings, makes a huge difference.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Psyched to finally have time coming up over the weekend to actually start exploring the Helix. 

Any recommendations of ‘must try’ presets or anything? I look forward to creating my own tones in due course obviously but any highlights from the preset stuff that I should look at?

Just start with a blank canvas, think about the sounds you want and use your ears. If there are any amp speaker combinations you know well, start there. Oh and get the amp sound right before adding fx blocks - though I always like a little spring reverb just for some ambiance whilst creating sounds. Don't be afraid of playing with Sag and other deep dive settings, makes a huge difference.
    Ha, fair shout! I’ll do as you suggest and start from scratch then :) 

Cheers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7814
    @BRISTOL86 in case you get stuck, Line 6 released a few basic tone videos with Sean Halley that just helped if you were completely new to this modeller game. The mic settings in the cab module make a huge difference (as does manually creating dual cabs by splitting the path - internal dual cab module not so effective)

That’s great, thanks mate I’ll have a watch of that!
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

Jason sadites has also done a very good series on creating patches

@BRISTOL86

Superb, thanks chaps :) 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I have a question. Can the Helix run two different delays at the same time? Cos that's what I need.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    jeztone2 said:
    I have a question. Can the Helix run two different delays at the same time? Cos that's what I need.
    Yes, can probably run 8 at once if that's what you wanted
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    John_A said:
    jeztone2 said:
    Yes, can probably run 8 at once if that's what you wanted
    I just quickly set up a patch with 15 - sounds interesting...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Don’t know if this any use but here’s a patch build video I did. 

https://youtu.be/ZJVI2M656sE

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Firmware next week according to Frank
    Cheers @rossyamaha !
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7160
    @rossyamaha cheers fella!
    Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited January 2018
    BRISTOL86 said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Ha, fair shout! I’ll do as you suggest and start from scratch then  

Cheers
    @Teetonetal  @Cabicular @sgosden  there’s a really good video I seen that was entitled something like “it takes lots of tweaking to make helix sound good?” That just had a guy audition amp & cab blocks with a high and low cut after them in the chain that sounded great but I can’t find it. If any of you know the vid could you link it in for @BRISTOL86 ;;
    BRISTOL86 said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Cheers
    @Teetonetal  @Cabicular @sgosden  there’s a really good video I seen that was entitled something like “it takes lots of tweaking to make helix sound good?” That just had a guy audition amp & cab blocks with a high and low cut after them in the chain that sounded great but I can’t find it. If any of you know the vid could you link it in for @BRISTOL86 ;;
    THe Sean Halley one?
  • Cabicular said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    BRISTOL86 said:

Cheers
    THe Sean Halley one?
    No it was a TGP user I’m pretty sure. 
    I don’t know that one then.
    I avoid TGP like it was church ...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited January 2018
    https://youtu.be/B401g17Q6IY

Found it

can someone younger please imbed