Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    mellowsun said:
    I'll be picking one up for 600 quid on the classifieds in a month or two.
    Doubt it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33814
    You guys going for the floorboard, or the rack & floorboard version?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    edited September 2015
    I'll be going for the floorboard version, it'll be a lot handier to take when I need to sit in with someone

• Floorboard / all-in-one version for me, should have it in a couple of weeks. :)
    Floorboard.
  • Floorboard.

Early pre-order so hoping (well according to PMT) end of the month
  • Oooh, just checked on Andertons - mine's due to be delivered next Friday (25th), hopefully that's accurate!
  • Floorboard also.

Mine was pre-ordered with Absolute Music in Bournemouth a while ago. I spoke to them on Monday and they said "towards the end of the month". Apparently I'm first on the list :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    edited September 2015
    After a lot of deliberation I am going to pass on the helix unless it's effects blow me away. I just don't need it, it looks an amazing piece of kit, but when I sat down and really looked into it the only real gain it's going to give me is space and portability..

I worry with digital gear about the value plummet that always happens, to afford this I'd need to sell most of my pedals so I am already losing money before I start. Then there is the question of do I really need the modeling side? No, I have a nice amp for live and for recording Sgear and the MAC already have that covered... 

At the very least I am going to wait some months to see how this fares in the real world, it's been a long time since a Mfx product tempted me so much, but I just can't face the huge gear reshuffle that getting this is going to cause me.. of course they may bring out helix in other formats which may also tempt heavily..

Can't wait to see what you all make of it though and am really hoping it lives up to expectations :) 
  • I'm the opposite. For me, the Helix will replace all of my pedals, patch leads, power supplies etc. and greatly simplify my rig. In fact, I'll easily cover the cost of the Helix by selling a few boutique pedals, so it's a no-brainer for me :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • same as @lewisjenkins just a no-brainer with PS's, leads and general stuff.

Have quite a few Strymons hanging about here (when Helix arrives!!) which will easily cover the cost, but I'll probably just keep them..
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4156
    edited September 2015

Same again here, although mainly because I was in the process of putting together an expensive/complex board and this way is going to be far simpler to re-arrange for different rigs, and cheaper too.

I think I'll be selling my Strymon DIG - I had a play with it last night and was happy enough with what I'd heard on Sat that I don't expect to miss it too much.

*edit* Done, it's in the classifieds

I'll probably end up selling my two DD7's, my Voodoo Labs PSU, my Boss tuner, my MXR's, my Source Audio pedals, my TC Dark Matter... basically everything except my Boss RV5 and my Eventide H9.

I sold my Kemper last week so that's paying for the bulk of the Helix.
  • Drew_fx said:
    I'll probably end up selling my two DD7's, my Voodoo Labs PSU, my Boss tuner, my MXR's, my Source Audio pedals, my TC Dark Matter... basically everything except my Boss RV5 and my Eventide H9.

I guess this is why it makes me nervous to do it - I would have so much gear to sell to pay for it.. :(
    Drew_fx said:

I guess this is why it makes me nervous to do it - I would have so much gear to sell to pay for it.. :(
    Well I don't need to sell any of it to fund the purchase. But the truth is, it'll be pointless keeping any of it once the Helix arrives. Of course there will be a period of transition but once I get all my patches up and running, I expect those pedals will just sit there not being used.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    I imagine that there may be a dip in the value of s/h Strymon pedals coming up and a few wry smiles on a few faces in Calabassas.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26686
    edited September 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Drew_fx said:

Well I don't need to sell any of it to fund the purchase. But the truth is, it'll be pointless keeping any of it once the Helix arrives. Of course there will be a period of transition but once I get all my patches up and running, I expect those pedals will just sit there not being used.
    You do realise that you're setting yourself up for the mother of all cases of buyer's remorse, right?

I'm tempted to start doing more regular backups of the forum database, so that we have a permanent record of your gradual slide into insanity... :D
    <space for hire>
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm holding off selling anything until after I receive the Helix. I fully expect that the Helix will be capable of covering most of the pedals for stuff like distortions, overdrives, delays etc. But I have a couple of Muffs with very specific tones, so for stuff like that I MIGHT end up keeping one or two pedals. And with the Helix having FOUR send/receive loops it's very easy to have a couple of favourite pedals integrated if necessary. I guess I'm keeping my options open until I've had a few days with it. Although, if the Helix gets me 90% of my favourite Muff tones, I'll settle for that and sell the boutique pedals. No point keeping a handful of £200 pedals hanging about if there is barely any difference.

Of course, if the Helix turns out to be crap then I'll simply return it, no harm done. But I very much doubt that will be the case :)
    Drew_fx said:
    Drew_fx said:

You do realise that you're setting yourself up for the mother of all cases of buyer's remorse, right?
    Whatever you say Mr...

Flashback >> 234rwofnglksmgkrgwrngertwTW$%^$%^$gdkgfgenrern3i6ni6niregerigerngedfgdfglskdgndl > two years later ... > fdgagoagklasdfjasdlkfjfjsflsdjflsa >  .... Flashback

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    Everyone got this excited in the late 90's with the first POD. Then we had the boutique effects boom.

Not sure what my point is really other than deciding it's not for me, although it looks like a tidy bit of kit none the less.