Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_fx said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Drew_fx said:
    I'll probably end up selling my two DD7's, my Voodoo Labs PSU, my Boss tuner, my MXR's, my Source Audio pedals, my TC Dark Matter... basically everything except my Boss RV5 and my Eventide H9.

I sold my Kemper last week so that's paying for the bulk of the Helix.
    I guess this is why it makes me nervous to do it - I would have so much gear to sell to pay for it.. :(
    Well I don't need to sell any of it to fund the purchase. But the truth is, it'll be pointless keeping any of it once the Helix arrives. Of course there will be a period of transition but once I get all my patches up and running, I expect those pedals will just sit there not being used.
    You do realise that you're setting yourself up for the mother of all cases of buyer's remorse, right?
    Whatever you say Mr...

Flashback >> 234rwofnglksmgkrgwrngertwTW$%^$%^$gdkgfgenrern3i6ni6niregerigerngedfgdfglskdgndl > two years later ... > fdgagoagklasdfjasdlkfjfjsflsdjflsa >  .... Flashback

;)

For me, the worst cases of buyers remorse have been when I've not bought something (ie 'snoozy-loozy-not-becoming-a-buyer remorse') - mind you, that mostly only applies if it's something rare that doesn't come up for sale very often (not sure that would apply to a mass produced piece of electronics that will be in stock at many dealers for years to come).

Beyond that... selling stuff to fund a purchase can lead to much remorse, when you later pine for the sold kit.

So, if Drew has any remorse about buying the Helix... he'll lose a few quid... but won't have PXd or sold any treasured kit to fund it.

Probably worth the gamble.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Beyond that... selling stuff to fund a purchase can lead to much remorse, when you later pine for the sold kit.
    Been there! I didn't feel right until I found and purchased another Sig X !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Been following this thread for quite some time, I'm an existing multi-fx user so this is right up my street but I'll be waiting until the value drops significantly
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750

Whether the helix is great or not,  I'd hold off on selling anything vital until you've tried it,  with your band live.      The feature list might look good but how you get on with using it and how well you like the feel and sounds at gigs could be different.      I went through exactly that and regretted selling gear a few times in the past when the new toy didn't quite match expectations.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'm being a bit more cautious than the rest of you, waiting on some reports of how everyone's getting on with the Helix before taking the plunge.  Really hope it lives up to expectations
    After seeing it in the flesh, I'm pretty convinced that it's gonna be great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i really hope it lives up to the expectation, this is a monster thread, it would heartbreaking if it turned out to be meh :)

• looks like Helix driven pedal sales are beginning to start in earnest, also seeing quite a few PODs and BOSS GTs up for sale..
  • Yep, that would be me. I have a few boutique pedals going up today :)
  • John_A said:
    I'm being a bit more cautious than the rest of you, waiting on some reports of how everyone's getting on with the Helix before taking the plunge.  Really hope it lives up to expectations
    Me too.  The signs are positive.  I'll give it a few months to see how things go and see what issues might crop up.  Am I right in thinking that the PC editing software isn't going to be available at launch?  If so, I would rather wait for that to come too.  Although the UI is obviously very user friendly, I'd still rather tweak things on a PC rather than on the floor.
    Gut feeling is that the PC editing software and the first firmware update will come a month or two after the units start hitting shelves.
  • dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91
    edited September 2015
    I really hope this unit lives upto expectations. I usually pre-order on hype. I have done it so many times before with Line 6 but I am not going to on this one. I will be interested to know
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    So who is going to order one?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I think this is the list of guys here with pre-orders:

• Drew_fx
    • Welshboyo
    • Guitargeek62
    • Lewisjenkins

...did I miss anyone?

This is the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything. Usually I wait.
  • I think this is the list of guys here with pre-orders:

• Drew_fx
    • Welshboyo
    • Guitargeek62
    • Lewisjenkins

...did I miss anyone?

Me. Hello everybody!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Already pre ordered via Yamaha, so, hopefully not too long to wait :)
  • ...did I miss anyone?

Me. Hello everybody!

Welcome to the forum, Gitarrenschlumpf. :)
  • Thank you!  :)
  • I've just been told that the date of 25th is incorrect and its looking like Early October for 1st wave shipments..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom