Comments

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451

I think this is the list of guys here with pre-orders:

• Drew_fx
    • Welshboyo
    • Guitargeek62
    • Lewisjenkins

...did I miss anyone?

I'm seriously tempted. My dream scenario is the floor unit into my amp with 4CM and nothing else. No PSUs, patch leads or velcro to contend with!

Plus I get the added bonus of being able to call on a few modelled amps as and when the need arises.

My love for my H9 and Timeline (even though I am probably using about 1% of their capabilities) is likely to prevent that from happening, but you never know. I've been watching this thread and the various videos with great interest. Seems to me this could possibly be one of those rare occasions where the product lives up to the hype. I'd be interested to hear the capabilities of more of the effects. So far the Univibe has featured the most and great as it sounds on the demos I don't have much use for one myself.

I'll have done well if I make it to Xmas without buying one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    welshboyo said:
    I've just been told that the date of 25th is incorrect and its looking like Early October for 1st wave shipments..
    I must be in the 2nd or 3rd wave :(

Booooooo
  • Drew_fx said:
    welshboyo said:
    I've just been told that the date of 25th is incorrect and its looking like Early October for 1st wave shipments..

Booooooo
    @Drew_fx

Benn told they are in Netherlands having firmware and QC before being released to UK's sole supplier...Yamaha probably...
    welshboyo said:
    Drew_fx said:
    welshboyo said:

Booooooo
    @Drew_fx

Benn told they are in Netherlands having firmware and QC before being released to UK's sole supplier...Yamaha probably...
    Yeah, and then the shops buy in bulk from Yamaha I would suppose. I went with Andertons - no real reason other than I've shopped with them before and it's always been decent service.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Did anybody clock that this playlist has a few more clips added to it?

I never realised till just now! I'd only heard the first 6 or 7.
  • Serious question - from a stupid person (ie me).

Will the Helix be able to do synthy type sounds like the Boss SY-300?

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Nope. There is a synth effect but it's not nearly as featured as that.
  • @hugbot... see - I told you I was stupid.

Thanks for the info.

I guess it means the GAS list has to get a bit longer.

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    The "cheat sheet" can now be downloaded from the Line6 website:

http://tinyurl.com/o4bw2p7

“He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • That cheat sheet is pretty cool.

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    So, everyone that's buying a Helix, what are you planning putting it through for live work? I was thinking stick with a 'proper' amp, but that's probably not really ideal
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
    edited September 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Did anybody clock that this playlist has a few more clips added to it?

I never realised till just now! I'd only heard the first 6 or 7.
    I'd love to hear some proper rock and metal clips if there are any about? Even just some normal riffs or power chords etc. 

I find the heavy clips massively underwhelming st the moment, but I'm just hoping that's due to the dodgy down tuned type thing they seem insistent on going for, rather than the helix itself.

Helix could possibly be ideal for me as I go direct with one band but also use a valve amp and pedals in another, so if I could utilise the Helix for everything that'd be awesome. I'd just like to know the raw tones are going to be up to Kemper standard before I take the plunge.
  • Reading the Helix's IdeaScale submissions has become my Saturday morning entertainment; some of the posts are so ridiculous or impractical that I cannot believe they've had any traction at all.

As great as it is to see a forum for ideas being listened to, I'd prefer to see any development strategy firmly led by L6 themselves.
    Reading the Helix's IdeaScale submissions has become my Saturday morning entertainment; some of the posts are so ridiculous or impractical that I cannot believe they've had any traction at all.

As great as it is to see a forum for ideas being listened to, I'd prefer to see any development strategy firmly led by L6 themselves.
    C'mon then... which ones? I though the vast majority of them were pretty sensible. I could be wrong though!
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5166
    edited September 2015
    What would you guys use at home/studio to run the Helix through? I know some sort of powered monitor but any recomendations without spending £1000 or stuff to avoid?

I'm thinking a Helix plus a pair of Monitor speakers may be all I need for home...and  I don't  Gig
  • tone1;785394" said:
    What would you guys use at home/studio to run the Helix through? I know some sort of powered monitor but any recomendations without spending £1000 or stuff to avoid?

I'm thinking a Helix plus a pair of Monitor speakers may be all I need for home...and  I don't  Gig
    A pair of Yamaha HS monitors would be perfect. ;-)

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

tone1 said:

Well I've got a studio setup at home so I was planning to go through that - my MOTU card and my Focal monitors.
    I don't believe for a second that anyone at line 6 is actually reading the stuff at ideascale. It's just a sophisticated spam folder to keep all the "make it double as a fax machine" bollocks out their inbox.
    edited September 2015
    Some interesting things from that cheat sheet.
    Usb counts as a possible input, so you could revamp over usb?

press switch multiple times to cycle through assigned functions?
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    edited September 2015
    tone1 said:

The Line6 PA gear is excellent value for money. To my ear, the L3Ms I own are a very good speaker for the money and the L2 range -which is the ideal choice for monitoring- comes in at under £400 now. Despite it becoming conventional for FRFR, I wouldn't worry about pushing the boat out to go coaxial either. IMO the idea of that being a necessity is utter piffle.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom