Fractal FX8 users question

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33849
    octatonic said:
    I have scenes, they come on when I press two buttons at the same time :-S
    :)
    With scenes I can switch from a clean rhythm with chorus and reverb to a drive sound with a short delay to a lead sound, channel switching the amp, with a longer delay and a phaser.
    No delay in switching, it is just immediate.
    This is just 3 scenes- there are 8 that are available.

I see you are in Northants- if you fancy a trip down to West Ox to check out the FX8 you are welcome.
    I may very well take you up on that sir if you have some free time at some point
    I'm about- PM me if you want to come check it out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    A what now?
    welcome to 1996 (or around that time)

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    I have scenes, they come on when I press two buttons at the same time :-S
    :)
    With scenes I can switch from a clean rhythm with chorus and reverb to a drive sound with a short delay to a lead sound, channel switching the amp, with a longer delay and a phaser.
    No delay in switching, it is just immediate.
    This is just 3 scenes- there are 8 that are available.

I see you are in Northants- if you fancy a trip down to West Ox to check out the FX8 you are welcome.
    I may very well take you up on that sir if you have some free time at some point
    I'm about- PM me if you want to come check it out.
    thanking you, I will do!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Cabicular said:
    A what now?
    welcome to 1996 (or around that time)

Say what you like, but the lower octave and distortion setting sounds great
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I loved my little 505. Especially the secret Klon setting. 

• I have no idea what happened to my 505

I only really remember the weird arpeggiator that sounded like a jackpot on a fruitt machine. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I have no idea what happened to my 505

I only really remember the weird arpeggiator that sounded like a jackpot on a fruitt machine. 
    I had a 9002. Their first product, designed to be used by your hands rather than your feet. Because you've got lots of spare hands when playing the guitar. T'was proper rubbish.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    As an Axe FX II owner, I can say that the effects stand up alongside some of the best in the business. Fractal have now got it into a position where you don't have to use any advanced parameters to get a great sound - this wasn't always true, but it is now. Their Memory Man model is amazing!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7376
    I'm finding that when i use the the axe in 4cm in to my hot rod deluxe for fx only it's quite hard to get a good mix and for them to sit right.
    The drives also are just ridiculously loud unless I set the level control to like 0.5.
    Do I need to turn off cab and power amp modelling or will that make no difference if I've not got an amp or cab on the grid?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Maybe you'd get better info on the Axe Fx thread
    The FX8 doesn't have any amp cab models
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    I had a very early FX8. It didn't work for me as I couldn't find a very subtle edge of breakup setting after a week tweaking it. It's awesome for heavier things or if you're using the amp's drive. I have my name in the ax8 wait list now as I assume that will allow me to sort those kind of sounds + remove the amp from the equation
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    DefaultM;943792" said:
    I'm finding that when i use the the axe in 4cm in to my hot rod deluxe for fx only it's quite hard to get a good mix and for them to sit right.
    The drives also are just ridiculously loud unless I set the level control to like 0.5.
    Do I need to turn off cab and power amp modelling or will that make no difference if I've not got an amp or cab on the grid?
    Try here
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/132/axe-fx-ii-rigs-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-digital-modelling#latest
    DefaultM said:
    If you aren't using a cab or an amp block in the patch then it will not matter if you turn them off globally as they won't be in the patch.

The idea of having a global cab defat is to be able to use the same patch when you re using 4cm and FRFR.

As to the power of the drives- post up your patch and I can take a look as to why that might be.
    There could be some sort of input/output unbalancing going on with the settings, or the HRD might be particularly sensitive on input stages.
    Or you might not be using the send/return blocks properly and sending the drive blocks directly to the power amp (which is usually what is going on when drives are overly loud).
    Thanks, I'll post it tonight. Literally all I did was put a single fxl block on the grid and then put drive to the left and delay to the right. Probably completely wrong.
    DefaultM said:
    Thanks, I'll post it tonight. Literally all I did was put a single fxl block on the grid and then put drive to the left and delay to the right. Probably completely wrong.
    If using the 4CM then you need to use Effect Loop block as well.
    Have a look here: 
    Ah yeah that's what I was already doing. I've not used the send and return blocks though. No idea what they do.
    edited January 2016
    DefaultM said:
    Ah yeah that's what I was already doing. I've not used the send and return blocks though. No idea what they do.
    Sorry, I misspoke- I meant the FXL block.
    The send and return blocks allow you to do this (more than 12 blocks in series).

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9618
    Guys,

I've got to tell you, THIS THING IS AMAZING !!!

I'm hooked up 4CM to a Matchless Lightning, with a second out into Carr Rambler. Truly creative bliss.

Can you help me out with 2 queries ?

1.) I wish to add an external loose to save recordings. How would I wire (say a EHX 45000) into this set up ?

2.) Can you edit and split signals to each amp separately ?

Still very early days, so I'm a learning'...
  • eeeeeek, thats what you said about that lo-fi reverb the other day... :-P
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9618
    eeeeeek, thats what you said about that lo-fi reverb the other day... :-P

and it still stands... BOTH are amazing... How about that.