Ian Elson guitars (new UK brand)

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• I dont think anyone has been plain nasty or rude and most of the comments have been about needing to up your game and presentation  out the gate and perhaps review what actually are the USP. 

As said look upon it as a free SWOT analysis and if you paid a business consultant or if a bank business had looked at the proposal you would of got a lot harsher realities.

And just to comment on what others have said the West Coast startup/incubator is not perfect but it does force an entrepreneurial mindset and a can do attitude and rapid focussed product development can work.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    In actual fact this thread is a prime example of you not currently being social media savvy - if this were me I would have used this thread and conducted all of those private conversations in the public space. I would have then gathered support for the product just by being completely transparent, a refreshing thing, and by taking all comments on board and starting a new thread in the " made in the UK" section.

Unfortunately your comments have come across slightly defensive (and I do understand why) but EVERY piece of exposure, good or bad, should be played to your advantage. You CANNOT ever allow business to get personal.

I genuinely wish you all the best with your venture!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • brownovichbrownovich Frets: 417
    edited December 2015
    IanElsonGuitar;885531" said:
    I've listened to and read every comment...so thank you for that. A lot of people have told me what I can and can't do, what I should do and where I will go wrong without asking me a single question which is disappointing. The really helpful people have messaged me or emailed me and we have had proper discussions. That has been the most constructive. So many people on here have used it to do just the opposite. I didn't post myself on here but that doesn't really matter...every constructive opinion is appreciated...as I'm sure you can understand, a discussion isn't one person shouting an opinion at another person and then sticking their fingers in their ears. It's a shame that this thread has become so vitriolic
    There has been no vitriol. Just a wealth of people disagreeing! As so many have pointed out there has never been a better time to buy a great quality electric at affordable pricing. (That's without the used market to consider!). I know that we all have differing opinions but if you come out with stuff that's just plain wrong people are going to point it out! Telling us we can't buy affordable, quality instruments just makes us feel a little patronised, hence the reason why I think a few people have been a bit direct.

The problem with this market is everyone is a critic, and that's because we all like slightly different things with our guitars. I KNOW I have an inferior knowledge of how to build a custom guitar than almost any Luthier, but I do know what I like. As do many other players.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mendymendy Frets: 171
    edited May 2021
     B) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    TheFretboard's collective wisdom rarely misses. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lol I didn't even notice this was 2015 until I wondered why nobody had brought up 'that other post'

B)  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lol I didn't even notice this was 2015 until I wondered why nobody had brought up 'that other post'

B)  
    ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22939
    lol I didn't even notice this was 2015 until I wondered why nobody had brought up 'that other post'

B)  
    ?
    Fill your boots...

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/207820/ian-elson-guitars-avoid/p1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom