Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show your Bicycles.....

What's Hot

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158

The geeks will know whats on it. It´s very fast....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Well the Canyon arrived yesterday and took it out for a quick spin in spite of the unseasonably windy weather.
    It's much stiffer than the B'Twin it's ridiculous. When you stamp on the pedals it really takes off. No derailleur rub either which was a minor annoyance when pushing hard.

It's also dead comfortable, couldn't believe how well it absorbs bumps in uneven roads.

The light weight will take a bit of getting used to, advisement lifted the front wheel once or twice when starting off on a hill.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    edited August 2016

Had this for a few months now. Lots of fun, and pedals well

• oddballoddball Frets: 248
    edited August 2016
    So many nice bikes on the market at the moment - sticking with my Giant defy for the year, really tempted for either a new Bianchi next year

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z257/oddball13/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsvguqqa4g.jpeg

or maybe a bit left field and a custom Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro from Gorilla Firm next spring. 

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z257/oddball13/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsbzfuoxpc.jpeg

• oddball said:
    So many nice bikes on the market at the moment - sticking Giant defy for the year it really tempted for either a new Bianchi next year

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z257/oddball13/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsvguqqa4g.jpeg

or maybe a bit left field and a custom Argon 18 Nitrogen Pro from Gorilla Firm next spring. 

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z257/oddball13/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsbzfuoxpc.jpeg

Giant Defy is an excellent series - my brother has the 4 I think and it's really comfortable. I nearly bought a 0 on Cycle2Work scheme but couldn't find a local supplier to try sizes.

I don't like the Bianchi colour so could never have one, but that Argon 18 is sex on wheels. Are you local to Oundle then, where Gorilla Firm are? I'm in Peterborough.
  • oddballoddball Frets: 248
    edited August 2016
    i'm just north east of Oakham, Oundle isn't too far (about 20 miles)

the Argon 18 does look fab but the Bianchi's lack of weight does appeal. Reality is I can spec the Argon to a really high level to less than a Bianchi out the box so bit of no brainer- Canyon look great for the money but no way am I paying money like that without trying it out, need a bit of support with a new bike and Gorilla firm do look like they know their stuff
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I've had a similar experience today with the Dawes. It may be old(er) but the 531c frame is still very responsive and of course quite light for steel. It's clearly a step beyond the full 501 framed Raleigh Team Corsa, feels very "racey" in its geometry and actually felt good to be on.

we'll see how it compares to the Tange Cro-Mo framed Dave Marsh bike over the next few weeks. 

Ive put the original wheels back on the Carrera and refitted the Crud Catcher MkII 'guards and will set it up as a bit more of a tourer/commuter as the two recent acquisitions are clearly race geometry bikes.
  • Seeing as the thread is full of bike geeks: whats the skinny on folding bikes? I'm thinking of moving house and it would involve a bit of a commute. It would be easiest to do bike / train / bike so a folding one has a big appeal. Wouldn't need to be carried (other than onto the train) and wouldn't be ridden far (ten minutes either end). Would prefer not to spend silly money either, I'm not a big cyclist really. 
  • oddball said:
    So many nice bikes on the market at the moment - sticking with my Giant defy for the year, really tempted for either a new Bianchi next year

Oof! That does make mine look, quite frankly, a bit crap!

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/264336_1987131870185_5120960_n.jpg?oh=c474fa634018dd8e661725b44f5a218d&oe=585EBEF0

I "may" be having a bit of a bike shopping day later this week so should be able to up my current ante a tad. Nothing like in the league of whats been posted lately though, I'm not quite able to match you guys in the spendy stakes by a long chalk.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    The best bike I ever owned.....

....and my current bike.  Which I rarely use as I just don't feel safe riding anymore.   Wish I still had my risk free sense of adventure that I had thirty years ago.... anyone wanna buy a Carrera Vulcan?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDavies said:
    The best bike I ever owned.....

....and my current bike.  Which I rarely use as I just don't feel safe riding anymore.   Wish I still had my risk free sense of adventure that I had thirty years ago.... anyone wanna buy a Carrera Vulcan?

Carrera Vulcan is supposed to be quite a decent bike. Do you feel unsafe just pootling down to the local park? If it's a bargainous price, I'd be tempted for my son.
    Bomber! Want! But a blue one, as that's what I had BITD.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    My bike isn't anything special really, but I grabbed a Fuji Absolute 1.9 a couple of months ago and have been cycling pretty hard. I can get to work in the same time it takes me on the tube now, which is a result because I'm saving money - which means more pedals!
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Heres my little Halfords special...

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9634
    Drew_fx said:
    My bike isn't anything special really, but I grabbed a Fuji Absolute 1.9 a couple of months ago and have been cycling pretty hard. I can get to work in the same time it takes me on the tube now, which is a result because I'm saving money - which means more pedals!

You only need two pedals.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • New bike ordered, pics when it's ready for me to collect on Monday :D
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Did a 50 mile ride this morning on the Canyon, cleaned it up so finally took some half reasonable pictures of the bikes.

The Canyon is just so good, it's comfortable over badly worn back roads, it's easily light enough to climb on, and it's plenty stiff so it really moves when you push hard.
    The riding position is a bit further forward/more aggressive than a lot of endurance bikes which keeps the steering sharp and makes it a lot of fun to ride, but it never becomes uncomfortable.
    It's well beyond my capability as a rider too, which is nice.

Anyway, the Canyon Endurace CF9.0:

Fancy flexy seatpost and very comfy Fizik saddle:

And nice DT Swiss RR21 wheels

My wife's B'Twin Triban 540 with nice new celeste green Lizard Skins bar tape:
    It's an incredible value bike, the groupset is mostly 105 (not the cranks or brakes unfortunately, but I paid £450 for the bike so can't complain), and the Mavic wheels are solid and roll well if not the lightest wheels ever.

And my trusty Triban 520 is now mostly set up for commuting and light touring duties (it'll also be my winter training bike).
    SKS mudguards, Topeak rack, and some light panniers. Also now sporting some endurance tyres to cope with the increased weight and bad roads in bad conditions.

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4987
    edited July 2017
    Seeing as it's new bike day, here's a piccy.

Image may contain people riding bicycles and bicycle

Having ridden a very old steel Bianchi with downtube shifters and dodgy brakes for years the difference going to an Aluminium frame, Carbon forks and indexed shifting is night and day. Clipless pedals and 105 brakeset upgrades come payday

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mynamesnotbobmynamesnotbob Frets: 114
    edited August 2016

My baby when I first built her 18 months ago, now with an X2 at the back, and lots more mud. Given up riding anything else these days

Here's the Dawes Impulse...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/Bicyles/4B3C040D-9010-4109-8D4C-3336CCC65F37_zpsumltg4rz.jpg

This is was on a great ride around Retford area ending up at the A1 junction at Elkesley. Very nice 25 miles on a great bike.