Free Guitar ... and the WINNER is ...

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10713
    Lol
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• TTony said:
    Plenty of time @kelvinburn. ;

We're planning a grand unveiling with some "events" over the next week or so to entice a few more donations, and then the prize draw at the Great British Guitar Show in a couple of weeks, when I'm announced as the winner.
    Should I congratulate you now? Or should I wait till it's official? ;)
  • Donated - keep up the good work!!
  • I've just made a donation!! Well worth it to keep this place up and running!!
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Nice one :)

Should be some news verily soonish...

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Just chipped a few quid in. Hope the lucky winner enjoys the guitar - it's cool and quirky!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    looks great Mark, fingers crossed!

Simon
    Cheers chaps... Forgot to say that the control cover is made from U2's Joshua tree. Just for completeness, you understand.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27650
    We're going to do the draw at the GBGS.  

We might get lucky and find a passing famous maintenance man to do the honours.

This weekend I will list all the donors and give them a random number between 1 and however many donors we've had.  That list will be published on this thread, so you'll know your number, and you'll also be able to double-check that you've been included.

Each number will be written on a ping pong ball, and all balls placed in a suitable container.  

The passing famous maintenance man will then be invited to pull the lucky ball out of the box / bag or whatever.

It'll all be video'ed and the clip posted here (once it's all been edited to show that I really was just that lucky).

While I'm updating this thread, our PayPal account has had trouble accepting payments from abroad.  I don't understand why, and I need to talk to PayPal support to sort it out.  But it did prompt me to think that the postage to abroad-lands might be rather expensive anyway.  

(We haven't said this previously, but I would hope that the winner will pick up the p&p cost of this beauty). 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • artalartal Frets: 0
    Should the PayPal-payment be marked as payment for goods and services or money for family or friends. Or does it matter?
    @artal If you mark it as family and friends, the forum will get all the money you send, whereas Paypal will take a cut if it is marked goods and services. However, depending on how you are funding it, watch they don't try to charge you for sending a gift - I think they do if you are using a credit card (or something)

• artalartal Frets: 0
    Did my part now. Don't know if i'm still in, but guess it's for a good cause anyhow :)
    Yes, you'll be in. Good luck  :)

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    JookyChap said:
    Cheers chaps... Forgot to say that the control cover is made from U2's Joshua tree. Just for completeness, you understand.
    Fitting, that is a unique guitar. I like that your entire house appears to be in paisley (though maybe not in Paisley).
    TTony said:
    ;That list will be published on this thread, so you'll know your number, and you'll also be able to double-check that you've been included.

Each number will be written on a ping pong ball, and all balls placed in a suitable container.  

The passing famous maintenance man will then be invited to pull the lucky ball out of the box / bag or whatever.

It'll all be video'ed and the clip posted here (once it's all been edited to show that I really was just that lucky).

just make sure all the balls have your number on them surely? At the very least chuck in an extra 50 or so with your number to weight the thing in your favour.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    That would work !!!

Thanks @viz
    Just remember to look surprised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2014
    Here are the runners & riders for the Jooky prize draw.

There are still a few blanks - so if you don't see your username on the list (a) check your email inbox - the account that you used to make the PayPal payment and (b) reply to the email that's sat there waiting for you.  If you see no email, PM me here.

6   @artal
    10   @paulski
    1   @viz
    3   @
    4   @ number retired!
    5   @jaygtr
    21   @drwiddly
    23   @pickerg
    13   @sinbaadi
    14   @JDE
    17   @GIJoe
    18   @
    25   @GazLion
    26   @ number retired!
    28   @mctoot
    29   @dean3271
    30   @imalone
    35   @Deadman

38   @discostu
    40   @guitari
    41   @shuikit
    42   @kaisos
    44   @wezV
    45   @JCA2550
    48   @rickyd

I will write each number onto a ball.  All the numbered balls will be placed in a box or bag or other suitable container, and the draw will be made at the GBGS next Saturday.  I may draw a second & third place ball too, just in case the winner decides that they don't actually want it for some strange reason.

There's still time if you want to be added to the draw - the deadline will be 6pm on Thursday (Feb 27th).

Please note - particularly given that we've had a couple of overseas donations - that the winner should probably pick up the p&p cost of getting the guitar to them.  Mr @JookyChap has taken the time and effort to build the guitar, so I think it's a little cheeky to expect him to also pay for shipping it to the lucky winner.

Thank you all for taking part and for all the donations.

Thank you most to Mr Jooky though!
  • @TTony, I'm going to regret telling you this, but you've added my name twice - 4 and 32.