Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Strat thread

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    @WezV that stripey bursty humbuckery Strat thing is bloody gorgeous!!! And I'm dead picky about gitfiddles. 
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    dean2371 said:
    No worries, hope the partscaster comes together well
    Hmmm,

Well off of the back of seeing yours I've just done a search on t'web and found a mint one in Glasgow (Where it just so happens I'm going next week !) so there's a thought.

Maybe...
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    Sounds like a result. Will be interested in some photos when you've got it
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 615
    Wow, that is a whole load of gorgeous Strats on show here... I have 5 at the moment...here they are...
    Top to bottom...
    White Fender 2005 CIJ ST43, USA Fender 2006 LE Diamond 60th anniversary, natural partscaster, white Fender 1997 MIJ Blackmore Sig, black Fender MIM Roland 
    Cheers Baz

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    This is one of my Strat bitsas. Bit of a forum spectacular - with the exception of the neck plate* and jack plate**, the parts were all bought or traded for from here, from (IIRC) @Adam_MD, @fusionista, @redrighthand and @DrBob

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5522/11603537353_eaee1d0360.jpg

*Bizarrely, the cheapest place in all the internet to buy neck plates turned out to be two villages away in my quiet corner of Cambridgeshire.
    **Axetec
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• shobetshobet Frets: 180
    A couple of mine. 

And that reminds me, I really need to clear up that room.
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson. 
    shobet said:
    A couple of mine. 

And that reminds me, I really need to clear up that room.
    No need, Looks tidy enough to me...just add a couple of more strats LOL Love those metallic reds
    Cheers
    Baz
  • ElxElx Frets: 412

DiMarzio Injectors instead of the Gold Lace sensors...
  • ElxElx Frets: 412

Deluxe in Aged Cherry Burst, not in my possession anymore, and I hate myself for selling it...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Elx said:

Deluxe in Aged Cherry Burst, not in my possession anymore, and I hate myself for selling it...
    Obviously recreating Hendrix burning his Strat at Monterey.

Brilliant!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    This thread has got me liking the block saddle look again, may be time to change back hhmmm.
  • luscombeluscombe Frets: 155
    a brand new (never played) 1982 Dan smith in sienna Sunburst that I sold 12-months ago. It's value was that it was untouched, so i never dared to use it1 I'd rather have guitars with honest signs of use.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jeffsilvaire/New 1982 Fender Dan Smith Strat/100_1502-1.jpg
  • That Dan Smith was lovely.
    Why hadn't anyone played it ?
    Must be a dog. ..
    Not impressed with the supplied case either. . Lol.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    bazxkr;115916" said:
    Wow, that is a whole load of gorgeous Strats on show here... I have 5 at the moment...here they are...Top to bottom...White Fender 2005 CIJ ST43, USA Fender 2006 LE Diamond 60th anniversary, natural partscaster, white Fender 1997 MIJ Blackmore Sig, black Fender MIM Roland 

Cheers Baz
    Really like the CIJ at he top. Seeing as you have both maple and rosewood boards, do you have any preference of which you prefer to play? Do they feel different to play, sound different in tone?

I have struggled to find that many maple board strats to try, in my local shop the guitars with rosewood normally outnumber the maple by 20:1

Strat wise I only have a cheap affinity, again with a rosewood board, but I loved the Pacifica I had with maple.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    KevKahuna;116822" said:
    Very nice, it looks immaculate. I missed the grain in the first picture, but it works really well with the trans green finish.

Gru said:
    bazxkr;115916" said:
    Wow, that is a whole load of gorgeous Strats on show here... I have 5 at the moment...here they are...Top to bottom...White Fender 2005 CIJ ST43, USA Fender 2006 LE Diamond 60th anniversary, natural partscaster, white Fender 1997 MIJ Blackmore Sig, black Fender MIM Roland 

Cheers Baz
    Really like the CIJ at he top. Seeing as you have both maple and rosewood boards, do you have any preference of which you prefer to play? Do they feel different to play, sound different in tone?

I have struggled to find that many maple board strats to try, in my local shop the guitars with rosewood normally outnumber the maple by 20:1

Strat wise I only have a cheap affinity, again with a rosewood board, but I loved the Pacifica I had with maple.
    I do have a thing about maple necks & my Albert Lee has a MN too. CIJ/MIJ are superb guitars.
    The MN do feel different to RW strangely enough almost like need a lighter touch, but think that it is in my mind rather than the wood. Difficult to know about the tone as all the guitars have different pups, bridge etc. so all sound different anyway. Know what you mean about very few MN about in the shops.
    The natural partscaster one I have has a warmoth MN & they are not silly priced. Maybe try to find a reasonably priced MN to fit the affinity then you will be able to A-B necks accurately ?  Have known affinitys be upgraded and punch way above their weight.
    Cheers Baz
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lexie1Lexie1 Frets: 135
    That is just gorgeous.