EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72934
    Chalky said:
    Sorry @ICBM but I'm old enough to remember precisely your same argument being used before. "The French will NEVER surrender the French Franc!" No way. Never happen.

But it did. Now tell me that's not a fact…
    That's true. They accepted it on the basis that France would be essentially in control of the Euro, and they seem less happy that it turned out that they weren't. I don't think they would want to come out of it now, but it hasn't worked out quite how they expected.

But that's nothing compared to the idea of no longer *being French* and having to be part of a European superstate along with the Germans. And others, but mostly the Germans.

I agree with Emp up to a point as well - although I don't think we should join the Euro at the moment. The long-term future of it is not a certainty if Greece and possibly more countries have to leave it. On the other hand if the UK votes Leave and Scotland votes Remain and there's a second independence referendum, then I would certainly support Scotland joining the Euro and not the pound - as we would have to to rejoin the EU.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited June 2016

I'II vote in if we are allowed fully automatic machine guns and we can kill who we like with impunity.  Listen to myself.  If 'We' are allowed.  Fucking hell your lives are like being at primary school and you have to do what teach tells you.  Jesus Christ, what a pile of shite.

Dear EU/Prime Minister, is it OK if I fart now or will you kill me?

Pay your taxes and die like a good serf.

Fuck you.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited June 2016
    UK and the EU is like a shitty marriage.

If you are unhappy in a marriage (as most people are) you *should* get a divorce. Yes you will be taken or half, lose mates, don't get to see your kids, but eventually you will get back on your feet, you may even get visitation rights if you are lucky but chances are your wife and all previous ties will be fucked and you will have to start again.

The other option is to go to a marriage counselor and try and sort it out, committing and actually putting yourself 100% into the marriage.

Our choices now are stay in a shitty marriage where we are getting sodomised daily and our wife is doing us over.
    Or get a divorce and lose out a for a few years possibly more, and then have no friends and lose out, but it could be better off in the long run.

In reality we need to either make a good go of it, put 100% in, the more integrated we get, the more say/influence we will have on the laws and such. Or leave, accept we will have a naff couple of years. But better a shit couple of years than a mediocre lifetime.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5009
    Drew_fx said:
    ICBM said:
    Chalky said:
    Do you accept the fact that successive French and German governments have restated their intention of closer union? It is what they sincerely want. And it is what they will achieve.
    Please stop pretending that you can change their minds on this.
    I accept it's what their governments have said, because they have. But it will never get past their populations. Can you honestly see the French and the Germans agreeing to change their national identities?
    Oh aye, not like the Germans have ever agreed to fascist policies before!! ;)

Steady on Drew, it is not as if the UK does not have blood on it's hands....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mkjackary said:
    If you are unhappy in a marriage (as most people are) you *should* get a divorce.
    I'm not sure which part of that I disagree most with...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Rocker said:
    Drew_fx said:
    ICBM said:
    Chalky said:
    Do you accept the fact that successive French and German governments have restated their intention of closer union? It is what they sincerely want. And it is what they will achieve.
    I accept it's what their governments have said, because they have. But it will never get past their populations. Can you honestly see the French and the Germans agreeing to change their national identities?

And like that is my problem because I have a UK passport.  Like it's all our problem because we have an EU passport, like when the aliens invade it'd everybody's problem because we have a world passport.  You are being sold into slavery and you don't even know it,  steers up the slaughterhouse chute.  I'm voting out to protect what little self governance and diversity we can cling on to.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24610
    You know that if you vote IN, you have to house at least two illegal immigrants currently camping in Calais don't you ?

Brussels has said so, in EC2771882/19.

that may not be entirely accurate.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    edited June 2016
    ICBM said:
    Mkjackary said:
    If you are unhappy in a marriage (as most people are) you *should* get a divorce.
    I'm not sure which part of that I disagree most with...

Trust me, as a 19 year old man-child who has never been engaged or married, I know my shit. :-B
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Emp_Fab said:
    You know that if you vote IN, you have to house at least two illegal immigrants currently camping in Calais don't you ?

Brussels has said so, in EC2771882/19.

I've forwarded this to Boris .. he says thanks as this is to become his new line of attack - can he have your address as he wants to give you a knighthood (when he becomes PM).

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Rocker said:
    Drew_fx said:
    ICBM said:
    Chalky said:

There should be a logical fallacy called the 'elevation fallacy' - where people amp up and give more weight to a criticism than was intended or warranted.

Hey... it's not as if Ireland does not have blood on it's hands!!

GREAT GAME CHAMP!!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12068
    Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    There's often an ounce of truth in many false arguments - it's what can make them seem believable.

Not sure it's a false argument - I've been to the EU Commission and Parliament a few times and know a few MEPs. The guys at the top - Junker and co - really don't like the UK as too much time gets wasted trying to appease us. I'm really surprised they didn't just offer us a trade deal to leave (they still might depending on how the vote goes). It's also not helped by Farage insulting them at every turn in debates.

If we vote to leave my guess is they will effectively create a new level of membership for us (trade and movement) and some of the weaker nations like Greece and Portugal and Denmark which, like the UK, is also Euro-sceptic. The remaining countries are closer aligned economically and could plough ahead with further political and economic integration.
    excellent, I was assuming we'd be offered a deal if we vote out

mind you, I'm still not clear why free movement is a prerequisite for free trade
  • Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    There's often an ounce of truth in many false arguments - it's what can make them seem believable.

Not sure it's a false argument - I've been to the EU Commission and Parliament a few times and know a few MEPs. The guys at the top - Junker and co - really don't like the UK as too much time gets wasted trying to appease us. I'm really surprised they didn't just offer us a trade deal to leave (they still might depending on how the vote goes). It's also not helped by Farage insulting them at every turn in debates.

If we vote to leave my guess is they will effectively create a new level of membership for us (trade and movement) and some of the weaker nations like Greece and Portugal and Denmark which, like the UK, is also Euro-sceptic. The remaining countries are closer aligned economically and could plough ahead with further political and economic integration.

mind you, I'm still not clear why free movement is a prerequisite for free trade
    Confirmation bias at it's finest.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Everyone - EVERYONE - has rational self-interest.

One of the main PRO-EU friends I have has a girlfriend with a very Eastern European name. As if that isn't the reason he's so pro-EU.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4946
    Nitefly said:
    Well.

The die has been cast, and the wheel is in spin *

I've voted by post, and I've voted for... IN.

*Thanks, Bob.
    And so has my wife... >:D<
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    littlegreenman;1096761" said:
    ToneControl said:

Fretwired said:

ICBM said:

Confirmation bias at it's finest.
    Looks like you disagree that there will be a compromise trade deal if we vote out. What do you think will happen then?
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    edited June 2016
    And for balance ... (Brexit the movie, a swiss response)

edited June 2016
    This is interesting…

Firstly because Gove is repeating the bogus £350 million a week figure they've already been warned about, but more importantly because they're now only promising to spend £100 million of it on the NHS, rather than all the £350 million as they previously said. Where is the other £250 million going?

And even more importantly still, when the £350 million is proven to be a fiction and the true figure is much less - at least £100 million less, for example - will they simply explain away not being able to spend *any* more on the NHS?

Be very careful before you trust these people if they're willing to move the goalposts so dramatically even before the event.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Yes, but we will be able to vote them out in a few years time and if we don't like it we can revolt en masse.  We stand a better chance as a national population, than a few people against the combined armed forces of Europia.
    The conduct of all my 'Remain' friends on Facebook is really fucking pissing me off. They're such snide wankers, they really are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom