EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited June 2016
    Emp_Fab said:
    The Tories have the blame for this squarely at their doorstep. I genuinely believe that immigration is one of, if not THE main reason for people's discontent with the EU. If they had tackled people's concerns seriously instead of offering verbal platitudes and inaction, most folk would have been happy to stay in the EU - certainly more than enough to change the vote outcome.

They did very little, acted like they were there by divine right and could lord it over the electorate. Cameron will pay the price now.

I agree (not necessarily the Tories - Labour are worse!!!). Not that that is my main issue - I just agree with what you're saying. 
    This was the only time people had to do anything about it - they weren't not going to not take the chance. 
    I realise a lot of people have a vested interest financially in staying in but there are other factors. 
    Maybe some actual change might happen - change that they should have implemented some time ago. 

I should add we get a lot of excellent degree-educated engineers to work for us from Europe and I would still like to work there in future. However, full disclosure... I didn't have the chance to vote (lost my voting card!) but would have voted leave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Emp_Fab said:
    The Tories have the blame for this squarely at their doorstep. I genuinely believe that immigration is one of, if not THE main reason for people's discontent with the EU. If they had tackled people's concerns seriously instead of offering verbal platitudes and inaction, most folk would have been happy to stay in the EU - certainly more than enough to change the vote outcome.

They did very little, acted like they were there by divine right and could lord it over the electorate. Cameron will pay the price now.

I agree (not necessarily the Tories - Labour are worse!!!). Not that that is my main issue - I just agree with what you're saying. 
    This was the only time people had to do anything about it - they weren't not going to not take the chance. 
    I realise a lot of people have a vested interest financially in staying in but there are other factors. 
    Maybe some actual change might happen - change that they should have implemented some time ago. 

I should add we get a lot of excellent degree-educated engineers to work for us from Europe and I would still like to work there in future. However, full disclosure... I didn't have the chance to vote (lost my voting card!) but would have voted leave.
    Do you need that to vote in Scotland? That's an odd one, I lost mine too so just gave my name and address, bingo.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:

People don't like the fact that their communities have changed completely over the years.

And Londoners and city folk wont understand that one at all. But that is a huge sentiment around the UK.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    FYI folks, no need for insults and all that... we're all grown up :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It was worth voting Leave just to piss of Gassage.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

This is going to bang on for quite a while isn't it.

Looks like Scotland was Remain 62%.

As long as folk remain calm. Tempers really flared during the Independence vote (at least to my eyes) and lots of sulking all round. If I get booted from work and my savings shrink, so what. Might be a boot to do something else.
    Well, I've been awake 20minutes and already been called an asshole and lost what I thought was a pretty good friendship. C'est la vie.
    That's why I generally don't comment on things like politics.
    TBH I think this is the way most of Europe is going, anyway. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72948
    Very worrying. I'm glad I got my holiday money yesterday...

I'm also worried that only 37% voted for it, and 28% didn't vote.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Looks like I'll be holidaying in Aberdeen lol
    See here's what I've seen the past day or so - lots and lots of 'I'm In' Remain badges. Lots and lots of "if you vote leave you're a twat/wanker/right wing cunt" accusations and what I'm seeing right now on Facebook is "THE SKY IS FALLING DOWN!" and "YOU RIGHT WING CUNTS!"

Remainers are dead angry right now. And justifiably so. Part of their echochamber has just been destroyed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    See here's what I've seen the past day or so - lots and lots of 'I'm In' Remain badges. Lots and lots of "if you vote leave you're a twat/wanker/right wing cunt" accusations and what I'm seeing right now on Facebook is "THE SKY IS FALLING DOWN!" and "YOU RIGHT WING CUNTS!"

Remainers are dead angry right now. And justifiably so. Part of their echochamber has just been destroyed.

I know many wont agree but I saw the same thing with folk in the Scottish Independence vote.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Out of interest did you vote in or out in the independence?

My daughter is being attacked as a racist ill-educated bitch by fellow students. She was quite moderate in her argument for leaving, and immigration is not an issue for her.

Political civil war will be the order of the day I fear :(

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

My daughter is being attacked as a racist ill-educated bitch by fellow students. She was quite moderate in her argument for leaving, and immigration is not an issue for her.

Immigration isn't a massive issue for me either. But I can see how it is for the vast majority of the small England hamlets out there.
    DanR said:
    Out of interest did you vote in or out in the independence?
    Neither, I put a spoiled vote in, leaning toward a no. But spoiled vote.

People are emotional and stupid. Sorry to hear about potential problems.
    Drew_fx said:

Immigration isn't a massive issue for me either. But I can see how it is for the vast majority of the small England hamlets out there.

I was looking at BBC's voting map, and its clear places in East of England highly affected by migration have voted in the high 60's, even the odd 70% to leave.