EU Referendum Vote - Poll

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    The common currency and financial controls for multiple different economies was never going to work. It's Germany controlling everybody else (FYI I like Germany). Immigration was a massive issue, especially for those down South where most of it happens. 

Don't see why we ever needed the "project" and can't just continue trade.

Remainers seem to be sh!tting themselves mainly over financials.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24615
    Drew_fx said:
    Well, I've been awake 20minutes and already been called an asshole and lost what I thought was a pretty good friendship. C'est la vie.
    Well, that's wives for ya.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24615
    I've changed my mind.  I want to vote remain now.  This is too scary.  The stock market opens in six minutes.  There may be carnage.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29048
    Drew_fx said:
    Well, I've been awake 20minutes and already been called an asshole and lost what I thought was a pretty good friendship. C'est la vie.
    Lawks.

I mean, normally you'd have been called worse sooner, but for better reasons. ;)

I am surprised and concerned at the results, but I'm not about to call anyone names about it. Except Farage, who is already admitting he made promises that can't be kept. (I am aware that Farage is not the beginning and end of the Leave campaign, of course).
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    thomasross20;1123173" said:
    That's why I generally don't comment on things like politics.
    Yep! Politics and Religion :)
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:
    Drew_fx said:
    Well, that's wives for ya.
    :D
    Dunno why they're saying Cameron should leave. Christ, that's all they say these days!

Oh no Thomas, you made one mistake in your job - you're sacked. Nonsense!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12070
    hugbot said:
    hugbot said:
    Farage interview this morning: "it was "a mistake" to claim that leaving would mean more money for hospitals" 

Of course.
    that's not what he said, dig out the full quote
    I dont have the full quote I'm reading the BBC ticker. 

Nigel Farage, the Ukip leader, has told ITV’s Good Morning Britain that he thought it was a mistake for the Vote Leave campaign to say that it could save £350m a week by leaving the EU and that the money could go to the NHS.

they were just fishing for quotes, asked him if he wanted to be PM, asked him if he could guarantee that £350m a week would go to the NHS, he said no, he had no power to do that, and said
    Vote Leave is the other Leave campaign - they wouldn't let him join it, rather than his Leave campaign, and they asked him if the money would now go on the NHS,
    he said it was a mistake to imply that

they were insisting it was his advert, but it was the other leave group
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12070
    what time and TV channel is Osborne's beheading scheduled for?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Emp_Fab;1123218" said:
    I've changed my mind.  I want to vote remain now.  This is too scary.  The stock market opens in six minutes.  There may be carnage.
    Don't judge a stock market by a day or even a week. Give it a month to stabilise at a new norm. Which might be the same as the old norm. ;)
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22518
    Referendum stats from a small polling station serving a working class to lower middle class area of Bristol where I spent 16 hours yesterday:

Current Leave winning margin: 3.8%

Percentage of the voters in my polling station yesterday who asked me about pencils, borrowed my pens, and told me how you had to use pens because the council would change their votes later on that day: 9% (turnout was just under 450). 

Number of left wing individuals who voted and left the station telling me how we had to protect the country from "Nazis": 1

Number of right wing individuals who voted and left the station telling me how we had to protect the country from Angela Merkel/immigrants/Euronazis/the elites: 8. 

Number of non-guiding dogs who visited the polling station: 8

Number of cats who visited the station: 1

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    They'll be a crash for sure, but I also think it will stabilise once the speculators have had a good feed.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2176
    Heartfeltdawn;1123260" said:
    Referendum stats from a small polling station serving a working class to lower middle class area of Bristol where I spent 16 hours yesterday:

Current Leave winning margin: 3.8%

Percentage of the voters in my polling station yesterday who asked me about pencils, borrowed my pens, and told me how you had to use pens because the council would change their votes later on that day: 9% (turnout was just under 450). 

Number of left wing individuals who voted and left the station telling me how we had to protect the country from "Nazis": 1

Number of right wing individuals who voted and left the station telling me how we had to protect the country from Angela Merkel/immigrants/Euronazis/the elites: 8. 

Number of non-guiding dogs who visited the polling station: 8

Number of cats who visited the station: 1
    bloody cats voting!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    They'll be a crash for sure, but I also think it will stabilise once the speculators have had a good feed.
    Too volatile right now... should have bought LLOY at ~40% down on open...! I'm ust leaving everything. 
    I'm still up.. but was previously up 40%+ on oillies.
    Not that bothered.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Compare:

A) Remain voters said we were a small insignificant country.

B) This morning's news reports on how the Leave vote has shocked world markets and politics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72948
    Or you could compare Leave voters who said it would be business as usual, to the economic shock it's caused already - and we haven't even left yet.

I wonder how long it will be before food prices go up... given that we import more than we produce and the pound has just crashed.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

God food is well expensive here compared to in Europe. 
    Still, more on food is less on housing. 
    LLOY, BDEV, TW... all down 25%.... 
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    ICBM said:

I wonder how long it will be before food prices go up
    Food prices don't go up anymore, they just make the bars smaller :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited June 2016
    Chalky said:
    Compare:

A) Remain voters said we were a small insignificant country.

B) This morning's news reports on how the Leave vote has shocked world markets and politics.
    Thats like saying "they said I would never do anything important so I showed them by setting fire to the neighborhood".

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33901
    God food is well expensive here compared to in Europe. 
    Still, more on food is less on housing. 
    LLOY, BDEV, TW... all down 25%.... 
    Fortunately we are mostly on the NYSE, not the FTSE.

I still expect a 15-20% loss today, minimum.
    FTSE is down 500 points in the first 30 mins.
    Absolute carnage.