The Disclose your Salary Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6916
    edited July 2016
    mellowsun said:
    quarky said:

Only joking really. I work in IT and am on about £67k. Plus free lunch, family health care, death in service benefits, plus share scheme (another couple of grand), and a final salary pension.

Where outside the public sector still has a final salary pension? Intrigued to know.
    As far as I know public sector final
    salary pensions were frozen a couple of years ago. Since then any new employees and the subsequent contributions of existing employees are in an average salary scheme.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    I earn too much. Embarrassing amount but hey, I didn't set my wages.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8557
    Ha, didn't know which way this thread would go, thought it would be shot down in an instant TBH. Fair play to those who are just happy to talk about it. Don't quite get why it being on a public forum is controversial to others. Do get why it's a matter of personal taste as whether to declare it or not, hence why I'm not going to!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28951
    A gentleman does not reveal his salary, his tailor nor his sexual proclivities.

Though in my case the three are one and the same.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Sporky said:
    Arup did when I worked there; I think they still do.

Our singer and bassist are employees of Arup. Feckers always abroad. Interferes with gigs. Or did.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm willing to sell nudes to the highest bidder
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    mellowsun said:
    Where outside the public sector still has a final salary pension? Intrigued to know.

Utility sector. Closed to new participants about eight years ago though I think.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24587
    gusman2x said:
    Vulgar as fuck this. 
    Oh shush.  It's just money ffs.  If you value your one and only time on this earth just by how much money you get paid then your wasting it.  There is much more to existence, to living, to experiencing your unique, unlikely birth than numbers on a bank statement.

@Holnrew  You are NOT worthless.  You are unique.  You are a child of the universe with as much 'worth' as anyone else on the planet.

Time for this I think...

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10496
    My yearly income depends largely on how many gigs I do  and that is often dependent on the weather in the summer and whether theres a big football tournament on or  how many of those gigs are big money corporate and wedding gigs as opposed to pubs.

There's no correlation between salary size and quality of life though as far as I can see though so salary size  is insignificant.  Unless you want to leave a large house to your kids, which I don't :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    Danny1969 said:
    My yearly income depends largely on how many gigs I do  and that is often dependent on the weather in the summer and whether theres a big football tournament on or  how many of those gigs are big money corporate and wedding gigs as opposed to pubs.

There's no correlation between salary size and quality of life though as far as I can see though so salary size  is insignificant.  Unless you want to leave a large house to your kids, which I don't :)
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy you a yacht.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited July 2016
    Can't take it with you when you die. I commute nearly three hours a day so there are plenty of downsides to my job. But it means my wife doesn't have to work so it is worth it. Generally. There are plenty of days when I would gladly take a 50% pay cut for something within 30 minutes, but the pension is the killer. My Dad, and my step-Dad, both earned good money, are both retired broke after losing it for various reasons (as in, they are both on the state pension basically, with no assets).

I don't work to live, but I am going to do my best NOT to follow their example quite so closely. Maybe I will just drop dead at 50 instead!

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    My healthy-but-unimpressive salary is offset by the fact that I have no mortgage and no kids. I could get by fine on jobseeker's, I reckon, but I'm a little greedier than that and I couldn't claim it anyway cos I have savings.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16857
    edited July 2016
    When I was a teaching assistant I was on £13k. loved that job, and I was really good at it... I supported ASD students through a'levels and was paid the same as the person who cleaned paint pots for KS3. But lots of holidays led to lots of guitar builds so I got to the stage I could supplement that quite nicely. Then I started doing some teaching too and that supplemented it as well. The mistake was going for full time teaching..... A relatively low wage for the stress. Worked in education 10 years before deciding the pay did not reflect the effort or skill that went into it. So now I have an easier job that pays a fair bit more with hardly any stress. but I also have a bigger house and two kids, so I am poorer than ever ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    holnrew said:
    I'm willing to sell nudes to the highest bidder
    I think you should be the new face of Cillit Bang!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/529174/Cillit-Bang-Barry-Scott-advert-killed-off-replaced-funny-mash-up-video
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9717
    I'm earning about 54% of my 2008 salary. Neoliberalism sucks.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Mind your own business.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    My previous job was £32k plus company car... Then I decided to rejoin the civil service for a little less... Which was closer to home, and also had more flexibility in time off...
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I don't know if I should or not ... How much before we hate someone?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13980
    edited July 2016
    I put my total salary including bonus into a website that checked against national scale and I'm in top 5% apparently.

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3073
    mellowsun said:
    quarky said:

Only joking really. I work in IT and am on about £67k. Plus free lunch, family health care, death in service benefits, plus share scheme (another couple of grand), and a final salary pension.

NATS.