Your favorite reverb pedal and why?

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
Humor me. There are so many out there... be nice to know what people really like
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited August 2016
    Flint - hands down. Granted it's not exactly budget friendly (although I picked mine up cheap!) but it's just incredible. 

Ill probably get absolutely ruined for this but my second favourite was the blue behringer reverb machine. Loved it! Only issue was if you put the mix up the max it muted your dry signal - even when bypassed! Those crazy, ill thought out basatrds! 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Blue sky

Sounds great, and has a preset, small, standard power etc....

It is totally perfect for my needs!
  • For budget, size and versatility, always try to carry a HOF mini in your bag for emergencies!
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    For budget, size and versatility, always try to carry a HOF mini in your bag for emergencies!
    I tried one of those and it had THE WORST weird digital whistling noise when you switched it on!!! I'm not a tone freak at all but it was so weird and once you noticed it You couldn't un-notice it
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Eventide SPACE/H9
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    edited August 2016
    Not a massive reverb user but I do like the Neunaber Wet,  and it can also get me a faux slap back delay sound when I need it.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2202
    edited August 2016
    For budget, size and versatility, always try to carry a HOF mini in your bag for emergencies!
    I tried one of those and it had THE WORST weird digital whistling noise when you switched it on!!! I'm not a tone freak at all but it was so weird and once you noticed it You couldn't un-notice it
    I vote for the HOF mini, but I only use a subtle room reverb for live use.

For recording (where I get a bit more experimental), not a pedal. I love the Valhalla reverb plugins. I've got the Room and Vintage reverbs (also Ubermod) so far, but I will be getting Plate and Shimmer very soon.
    It's not a competition.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044
    Flint
    The price put me off for ages and I faffed about with others but I am so happy with this one!
    The thing is I only want about 3 different reverb sounds and that's what the Flint does.
    I love the spring; the plate; and the 80s digital sound.  I use the first two most but that's just the sort of music the band plays; the 80s is brilliant too.
    Each of these reverbs are super easy to adjust on stage with big fat rotary controls.
    AND, as if that wasn't enough, you've got tremolo too if you want it!  Three different types and they're all fantastic and similarly easy to adjust.
    There is nothing about this pedal I don't like.
    I did find it a fussy bugger for power; that's it.  Completely silent operation running from a Cioks DC5.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    Flint - hands down. Granted it's not exactly budget friendly (although I picked mine up cheap!) but it's just incredible. 

Ill probably get absolutely ruined for this but my second favourite was the blue behringer reverb machine. Loved it! Only issue was if you put the mix up the max it muted your dry signal - even when bypassed! Those crazy, ill thought out basatrds! 
    Red Panda Context does that too. Which makes it interesting to use..
  • Flint - hands down. Granted it's not exactly budget friendly (although I picked mine up cheap!) but it's just incredible. 

Red Panda Context does that too. Which makes it interesting to use..
    I thought the Context didn't work well with dirt pedals before it, even on a lowish mix, bit fizzy.
  • Big Sky, Flint, Space/H9, Neunaber Stereo Wet...

Love them all, always changing my mind about them, but generally between these.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528

Reverb machine is a verbzilla copy I believe.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    Digitech Hardwire.  It's the only reverb pedal I own or have ever used.

From a personal perspective, I am happier with simpler/fewer options.  I'd love to get something like a Empress, but they are pretty much more than my amp and guitar!  
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Not huge on reverb but the best I've ever had was the Reverberation Machine by Death By Audio. Not as versatile as your Eventides and Strymons, but it produced the most fantastic drippy, sultry, ear-pleasing reverb that I've ever heard. It had that little warble to it which made the hairs stand up, and you can switch between a dark/light setting. Had a little built in fuzz for deafening, jet engine sounds as well if you wanted some chaos.

I should never have sold it.
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    HOF was my least favourite, Love the Supernatural with great ambience and a very good spring setting. Currently have a Boss FRV-1 which is a very good spring model and a Neunaber Immerse for the big expressive stuff.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    EHX cathedral. It sounds nothing like any actual real space but its really fun and has a great reverse sound. Only thing I didnt like about it was the way presets worked.
  • MrTMrT Frets: 21
    For me at the moment it's all about the drip and therefore it's the Catlinbread Topanga. That said, I have got Rockett Boing on it's way just to see how it compares. The Flint seems to get the universal love though - maybe I should stop flipping pedals and just save up for that!
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    You need to isolate the pedal wth some kind of virtual battery thingy.. had the same problem before
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 614
    I've tried a few and have settled on the Catalinbread Talisman.  It's "only" a plate algorithm but can do subtle to infinite and just sounds "right" Built in boost, adjustable predelay, hi cut, and trails when you click it off. Oh, and it works well in front of a dirty amp without a loop. These are the reason's I like it.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11469
    Big Sky