Your favorite reverb pedal and why?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    For when I can't use amp reverb I've got a Tech21 Boost RVB. Not complicated, a nice variety of sounds and works for me.
    My reverb tastes are very simple but it is one of my favourite effects.
    Just can't be arsed with a zillion presets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Dopesick said:
    Not huge on reverb but the best I've ever had was the Reverberation Machine by Death By Audio. Not as versatile as your Eventides and Strymons, but it produced the most fantastic drippy, sultry, ear-pleasing reverb that I've ever heard. It had that little warble to it which made the hairs stand up, and you can switch between a dark/light setting. Had a little built in fuzz for deafening, jet engine sounds as well if you wanted some chaos.

I should never have sold it.
    Oh shit yeah you're right!!!! Although it's more of a special fx reverb than a standard one. I dearly miss owning one of those. Such an amazing, creative piece of kit
    How very rock and roll
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72549
    Boss FRV-1, because it sounds almost exactly like a vintage Fender Reverb unit. (Yes, I have compared mine with a real '64 Reverb.)

Boss RV-5, because it actually gets quite close to that on the 'Spring' setting and it has several other useful sounds too, especially 'Modulate'.

And because they're Boss, they don't have crappy annoying metal click switches or true bypass, don't take up a huge amount of space, don't need an esoteric power supply and don't cause trouble on a daisy chain.

I have never actually tried running both at the same time… I should. But I sold my RV-5 before I bought my FRV-1, which was probably a mistake.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    I don't use a pedal reverb- just the amp reverb.

However, if pushed the old Boss 1/2 rack RVV10

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Big sky. Or the gfi systems specular. 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Well then if @Gassage is allowed rack units, it is undoubtedly one of these  AMS RMX16.

A truly spiritual experience, I wonder if any of the modern stuff will hold a candle to the amazing reverb algorithms contained within.  It was about the price of a small house back then, so hopefully a cheaper alternative too, as getting my old AMS fixed is probably a financial no-no  =((

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/IMAGES/AMS_RMX16_reverb_main.jpg

• Love my polara. Great reverb, small, quiet and easy to power. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited August 2016
    Guys... I may be in need of a small (!!) reverb pedal or two if I get an amp head without reverb. Reverb goes in the loop, right?

Anyway... something decent and small (like a mini pedal) if possible. Doesn't have to be world's best reverb, it's just too make the sound less dry when I play. Recommendations? Oh, yeah... and as cheap as possible - I've spent a fortune lately.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    edited August 2016
    ^^Hall of Fame mini. Cheap as chips, TonePrint enabled, decent quality. I use one with my old vibrochamp and it's great 

Boss RV-5

TCs have a habit of breaking… had another one in the shop today. (Polytune this time, but the others are no better.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• An M5. Brilliant reverbs and everything else for free 
  • I've got 3 TC so must be lucky nothing has broken yet. 
    For this reason and the fact that others have said it can be noisy (!?) I might skip TC - thanks, though. 

The Boss digital reverb looks great BUT.. is there not a similar digital reverb in a smaller footprint? 
  • Looking at vids for the RV-5... it's got too many knobs for me - I don't need too many options. Just something small and cheap that does the job. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    Beexter said:
    I've tried a few and have settled on the Catalinbread Talisman.  It's "only" a plate algorithm but can do subtle to infinite and just sounds "right" Built in boost, adjustable predelay, hi cut, and trails when you click it off. Oh, and it works well in front of a dirty amp without a loop. These are the reason's I like it.
    Spot on.

Ive got a lot of love for the Big Sky and Space too, BUT the Talisman is probably my one 'never sell' pedal. It remains my fave reverb sound...

The FX8/AX8 is my main choice and is incredible.

Honourary mentions for the 'real' verbs - Carl Martin and Van Amps. Warm and delightful.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    edited August 2016
    I've not tried many; I always preferred delay, and the onboard reverbs on my various multiFX (or the RE-20) have done me fine. That said the T-Rex Roommate does sound very lush, especially the modulated modes.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I thought about using my Flashback for subtle delay-inspired reverb but I don't know how well it really works. I'm probably going to sell that pedal - never use it!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4044
     Reverb goes in the loop, right?
    @thomasross20   ; It can do and that's where I've usually put them.  But the Flint sounds fantastic last in the chain before the front of the amp -- fatter and splashier.  Loop or front, they're quite different sounds, so just go with whatever you prefer.
  • I'll try both :)

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    I only have a few reverb pedals, as I tend to prefer rack units, especially the Ursa Major Stagate 323. The 323 is a digital reverb from 1984 which uses complex, modulated, multi tap delays and is ridiculously dense and lush.
     Although I haven't tried them myself, I've been impressed my the demos of the Big Sky and that Eventide reverb pedal.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    Looking at vids for the RV-5... it's got too many knobs for me - I don't need too many options. Just something small and cheap that does the job. 
    Four knobs - one of which is the mode selector, so really three - is too many? :)

In that case it has to be the TC HOF Mini really.

Just don't bring it to me when it breaks ;).