Your favorite reverb pedal and why?

What's Hot

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3834
    I like and enjoy the Flint but sometimes I find it a bit bland sounding. It's so smooth. Like all the Strymon stuff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2233
    edited August 2016
    I think the Big Sky can sound rough if you dial it in. What it does brilliantly is preserve your dry signal, and it does "realistic" spaces incredibly well, as it does the big odd ambient stuff.

At the moment, if I want a reverb to sound dark, grubby and otherworldly, I set my Red Panda Particle to the dens setting, which chops up the tail of the delay into tiny grains. It makes it sound like a depth charge, and gives a great bass end rumble when combined with the Big Sky. Sounds weird and epic. Love it.
  • The Big Sky remains my favourite 'big box' verb.

Talisman looks grey and boring is the best 'small box' imho.

The Fractal FX8 and AX8 is king over em all though.
  • Any opinions on the Hermida reverb pedal?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Anyone tried the new empress reverb yet? 

edited September 2016
    capo4th said:
    Anyone tried the new empress reverb yet? 

I've tried it out a while back a number of times instore, and it was good, but didn't blow me away. Ghost mode is great and the 3 delay+reverb modes are the best things on this pedal. At that price, I'd go with an Eventide Space instead.
    It's big £££ was also considering the Neunaber Immerse looking for something with options 
  • Having tried many, 4 get my vote:

Mr. Black Supermoon - stacks of character, and capable of wonderful wonk 

Mr. Black Eterna - sublime shimmer, but that's not all it does; shimmer at zero leaves you with a really warm verb, capable of 100% wet. 

Boss RV-5 - in here for the Modulation setting alone. Nothing quite like it, even from the....

Eventide Space - a serious bit of kit. Capable of stunning reverses, cavernous halls, and just about everything in between. Does all the subtle ones beautifully too, and just about every parameter is modifiable. Add to that its Midi capabilities and it's one of the most important pedals on my board. 

• capo4th said:
    It's big £££ was also considering the Neunaber Immerse looking for something with options 

For the first time in a year, I currently have no reverb pedals! I'm not sure whether to go for a big multi-reverb again, like the Space, or a couple of smaller reverb that I love, like the Supermoon Chrome for huge ambient stuff and another for more "conventional" spaces.
  • Having tried many, 4 get my vote:

Mr. Black Supermoon - stacks of character, and capable of wonderful wonk 

Mr. Black Eterna - sublime shimmer, but that's not all it does; shimmer at zero leaves you with a really warm verb, capable of 100% wet. 

Boss RV-5 - in here for the Modulation setting alone. Nothing quite like it, even from the....

Eventide Space - a serious bit of kit. Capable of stunning reverses, cavernous halls, and just about everything in between. Does all the subtle ones beautifully too, and just about every parameter is modifiable. Add to that its Midi capabilities and it's one of the most important pedals on my board. 

I absolutely love what I've heard of the Supermoon, favouring the chrome at the moment.

How does the RV-5 differ from the RV-6?

edited September 2016
    Hey @gavrichlist what are the main differences between the Supermoon and Supermoon chrome ?

http://www.mrblackpedals.com/products/supermoon-chrome

Bought the chrome on impulse today also considering the Catalinbread talisman.

UK prices are the same as US prices right now no import bargains to be had. 
  • The chrome is brighter voiced and will do 100% wet, as well as a further degree of wonk. Personally prefer the darker standard, but could make a case for both! 
    edited September 2016
    This is why I'm thinking of the Chrome. The brighter voice should balance well with the MF Delay's dark, warm, lovely repeats.
    edited September 2016
    capo4th said:
    Excellent pedal. Though none of the reverbs on it go 100%, there is a Kill Dry switch on it. As always, with Neunaber, it's a gorgeous reverb.
    I have the stereo wet on board it's a great pedal just looking for something with a bit more variety and options.
  • xsheqxsheq Frets: 71
    T2
  • This is why I'm thinking of the Chrome. The brighter voice should balance well with the MF Delay's dark, warm, lovely repeats.
    I would have thought it would be nothing but bright if the verb is the last thing in your signal?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • capo4th said:
    I have the stereo wet on board it's a great pedal just looking for something with a bit more variety and options.
    If you like the Neunaber sound, but want versatility, this is worth a look: