Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Grab n' Go Combo

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7507
    Head and cab is more "grab, go, come back, grab the other bit, go" I'd have thought 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 784
    If your not weak you can carry 1 in each arm with the added bonus they balance eachother.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    Yea, the balance theory was why I went separate head/combo with my bigger stuff.
  • Even the 5 watt Laney Lionheart is more grab 'n' ouch my back than grab 'n' go. 
  • Friedman PT?
  • Andy,

Just play a Blues Cube. My Artist is, wait for it, FANTASTIC.

Yes, Im a valve amp snob; yes, I periodically think about selling it to buy another expensive valave amp...

But it plays alongside a Lazy J and Carr Rambler and more than holds it own. I had a £2000 budget for my 3rd amp, and amazingly bought one of these.

Just try one. Dirt cheap too.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I keep coming back to the Blues Cube idea.

Only thing holding me back is the lack of any decent on-board drive grunt.  So I'd have to at least take me drive pedal along....shame it doesn't have a basic 9v output for a pedal as all mine are setup on a Pedaltrain with PS. Putting that function into the footswitch would be handy.
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    Does anyone own, or have they tried a Session Bluesbaby? This would fall into this category, and is an amp I've also been considering - along with the Blues cube.  They do the 45 watt model now, so more versatile for gigging etc.