Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Big Sam for the chop?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrew said:
    Can't blame the reporters, he could have just behaved himself. 
    Absolutely. The only person to blame here is Sam.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6399
    Just NOT Hoddle, other than that I think I don't really mind.  Shame Klopp is German - I think he's brilliant.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Apparently there's much more coming out about big Sam starting with this ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-cardiff-held-inquiry-into-deal-with-sam-allardyces-wes/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    what a berk. so disappointing that supposedly top level managers act like mouthy idiots. Notice also that at the meeting where he was fitted up, also present were his agent and his financial adviser. Did none of them run any checks on who they were meeting or talking to???

It all stinks of the Big I Am - stoking up the ego and playing the bigshot. What a pillock.

The wheel might come completely off for Allardyce now. THere have been people after him for years, making allegations. I remember Steve Kean (ex Blackburn manager, followed Allardyce) being caught on film, pissed, alleging stuff about Allardyce's dealings, but he got sued and setlled out of court. There is lots of muck being slung around. If I were Allardyce, I'd pakc up and go live in my house in Spain, keep out of it all. Retire, quietly.

Steve Bruce might get it now. Wenger, good as he is, is too old. He's 66 or 67, hasn't got long enough left IMO.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

You have to wonder about the FA too, giving him the job in the first place.

You need to be squeaky clean to be the England manager; it's pretty obvious that Sam wasn't and surely a bit of due diligence would have picked this up? A few discrete questions asked of the right people and I'm sure they'd have found enough to be concerned about.

It's the FA that needs sacking.

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I think this calls for my favourite thing to call someone...

Allardyce, you complete wank puffin!

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martinw said:

You have to wonder about the FA too, giving him the job in the first place.

You need to be squeaky clean to be the England manager; it's pretty obvious that Sam wasn't and surely a bit of due diligence would have picked this up? A few discrete questions asked of the right people and I'm sure they'd have found enough to be concerned about.

It's the FA that needs sacking.

When you listen to the various agents talking in the Telegraph videos, it sounds like a complete beanfeast with very little effective regulation. One individual has paid the price but there are clearly far bigger problems at work here. 

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    edited September 2016
    Man...I wish I was so into the game like I was a few years back (like, really into it), but with all the absurd money and transfer valuations, the dodgy deals, poncy lifestyles, fat cat owners and the ascension of the average day top flight footballer to be mightier than fucking God himself...I just can't give a shit anymore. Who else is there to choose from? Will anybody want this job?

Modern day football is turning into the fucking pits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Corey Feldman for Manager. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1207
    Given how low English football is at the moment, they might as well choose the next manager via some sort of x factor style nonsense tv programme.
    Looks like Nigel Pearson's unexpectedly available ! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37489071

Feedback
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Jalapeno said:
    Just NOT Hoddle, other than that I think I don't really mind.  Shame Klopp is German - I think he's brilliant.
    Actually I wouldn't mind Hoddle back at all. We played some good football under him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Jalapeno said:
    Looks like Nigel Pearson's unexpectedly available ! ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37489071

...until he gets asked a question he doesn't like or someone looks at him in a way he doesn't like, then he will just revert to the angry little man he is.

Wank Puffin!

...hooray, twice in one thread :)

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited September 2016
    axisus said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Actually I wouldn't mind Hoddle back at all. We played some good football under him.

Remember this folks?

"'I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. That's why there is an injustice in the world. Why there's certain people born into the world with terrible physical problems and why there's a family who has got everything right, physically and mentally."

And this:

"'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

I don't care if he was a decent midfielder. I don't care if he's got the proverbial 'good footballing brain'. Clearly the part of his brain not taken up by football is full of festering shite.
    if he gets the gig again, football really will have just disappeared up its own arsehole.

Anyway, can I ask a serious question at this point: Was Allardyce really drinking a pint of white wine in that restaurant?

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Looking on the bright side, how often can an England manager claim a 100% win record?
    Skarloey said:
    axisus said:
    Jalapeno said:

Remember this folks?

"'I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. That's why there is an injustice in the world. Why there's certain people born into the world with terrible physical problems and why there's a family who has got everything right, physically and mentally."

And this:

"'You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap."

I don't care if he was a decent midfielder. I don't care if he's got the proverbial 'good footballing brain'. Clearly the part of his brain not taken up by football is full of festering shite.
    if he gets the gig again, football really will have just disappeared up its own arsehole.

You only have to hear the inane bollocks he trots out on BT Sport commentaries to know he's lost what ever football knowledge he ever had. !

Feedback

Feedback
  • Jalapeno said:
    Great shout mate. Just what we need- another ex-Baggie in the England dugout ;)
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Skarloey said:

Remember this folks?

And this:

Anyway, can I ask a serious question at this point: Was Allardyce really drinking a pint of white wine in that restaurant?

It is no more offensive than any other religious clap-trap that people believe. Actually, less so.