Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Big Sam for the chop?

What's Hot
Sam Allardyce 'in £400,000 deal' sting: England manager is filmed 'offering advice on how to bypass FA transfer rules - and mocking his predecessor Roy Hodgson by calling him 'Woy''

What a twat. Looks like he could get fired this morning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/26/exclusive-investigation-england-manager-sam-allardyce-for-sale/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bring back Glenn "Joey" Hoddle.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    In fairness Sam makes some good comments about the FA. Had he been caught snorting coke with hookers he would have been OK. But criticising the FA is a step too far.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Look on the bright side, he will have 100% record.

oh and he has previous on this kind of thing 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-took-bungs-claims-bbc-investigation-416671.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Look on the bright side, he will have 100% record.

oh and he has previous on this kind of thing 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-took-bungs-claims-bbc-investigation-416671.html
    Aye, his son's got a bit of dirt on him too hasn't he?

A lot of corruption about, but you can't break the golden rule-Don't get caught.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited September 2016
    This is a ' dog bites man' story. 

Football manager wants to earn yet more money? Shock! 

Working through and around rules to secure a transfer? Horror! 

Gary Neville should be told to sit down and shut up? Ya don't say! 

England players have a psychological block? No shit, Sherlock. 

Even the FA aren't stupid enough to sack him is my hunch. Yes Sam's got to eat some humble pie but as his boss I'd rather weather a media shit storm than have to look for a second boss in three months. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    Skarloey said:
    Even the FA aren't stupid enough to sack him is my hunch. Yes Sam's got to eat some humble pie but as his boss I'd rather weather a media shit storm than have to look for a second boss in three months. 

This is a position that has trickled down from the political classes - if you're caught then just deny, apologise, find religion etc. but hold on to your position of influence and power whatever. It's a shame that so many people just accept that. Football is one of the most corrupt industries in the world and we should not tolerate it regardless of the FA's position (hardly squeaky clean themselves). If we can't find a manager in the intervening period (who I think should be English - a whole other topic) then, as a nation, we're not up to the job.

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    edited September 2016
    fob said:
    Skarloey said:

This is a position that has trickled down from the political classes - if you're caught then just deny, apologise, find religion etc. but hold on to your position of influence and power whatever. It's a shame that so many people just accept that. Football is one of the most corrupt industries in the world and we should not tolerate it regardless of the FA's position (hardly squeaky clean themselves). If we can't find a manager in the intervening period (who I think should be English - a whole other topic) then, as a nation, we're not up to the job.

That's the whole point, my man. There is no other english manager who is halfway decent who'd go near that job with a bargepole. Why should the FA give themselves more work to do? I don't say that this is right. I am merely trying to see it from one of their points of view.

Football's football. Just a bunch of starry eyed kids and cynical blokes, all united by money, hero-worship, the adrenaline rush that comes with winning and the despair of losing. All these things cloud judgement. Normal moral codes (and I agree with your sentiment on high standards by the way) don't apply.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Don't think he will get the boot. I don;'t think, having watched the footage, he compromised himself seriously. HE just looks like an arrogant berk - shock horror.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27599
    Skarloey said:

Let's be honest - finding any replacement isn't going to be easy (Allardyce wouldn't have got the job originally if there'd been a big field of strong candidates!) and finding an English replacement with the appetite and ability for the job is going to be the other side of bloody hard.

The national team is completely subservient to the Premier League and - IMHO of course - the structure of the latter completely undermines any hope of success for the former.

Who'd want to manage the national team in that sort of situation?  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4918
    I'm bored shitless with this sort of lazy entrapment "journalism" - there is no story, so let's manufacture one.

Sam's OK, been a bit naive perhaps, but he repeatedly said that he would have to check with the FA.  It's not like he walked off with a suitcase full of used twenties.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Naive maybe, but he DID say yes to £400k/yr - but that he'd have to discuss it with the FA.

Non-story
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Reports he's on his way for the chop now, could be FB bollocks mind.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fans have been venting their fury on FB .. I think the FA have got to sack him or have egg on their faces.

• I think things could go the other way if the FA get him to issue a grovelling apology, and let it be known that they've tied him into a revised contract whereby he can't even have a pee without their say so, and they have final say over who he meets...

If I were a newspaper editor I'd be secretly praying they keep him on, while calling for his head on a platter. Nothing like a helping of moral outrage to flog papers. 

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't want an english manager, they're shit
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    No sympathy at all with him, it's just sheer effin greed. He's being paid £3 million a year by the FA and then he's negotiating another deal for £400,000. How much money do these people want, surely for that salary he should be putting all his time and effort into the job he's being paid for. You  wouldn't mind if he was any good, what's he ever achieved other than low level stuff. If he was any good why didn't any of the big clubs take him on. Rant over my blood pressure's going up.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Another nail in the coffin for my interest in football, the media bullshit and the corruption/greed/nonsense outweighs the little enjoyment I get from it nowadays. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    edited September 2016

Latest news from 5 Live is saying he will be gone tonight, either sacked or resigned.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Offered his resignation according to the Mirror.

Presumably he will have been the shortest serving England manager of all time. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Well, if he goes they definitely need somebody English, bland and generally uncontroversial or abrasive and I don't want to start any conspiracies, but I notice Nigel Pearson is at a loose end and he more or less won the premiership last year...