Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Big Sam for the chop?

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    crunchman said:
    Wenger would be a disaster.  All these lightweight attacking midfielders doesn't even work at Arsenal where he can go out and buy even more of them instead of a decent centre back or holding midfielder.  Even when he gets the players that fit his style he can't win anything.  What's he going to do with English players who don't fit his style at all?

I think they should take a punt on someone young and up and coming - preferably without a lot of baggage.
    The English "style" in recent years has been, be really really shit at tournament football, perhaps a change in style would work, I don't believe that England don't produce talented technical players .

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited September 2016
    lloyd said:
    crunchman said:
    Wenger would be a disaster.  All these lightweight attacking midfielders doesn't even work at Arsenal where he can go out and buy even more of them instead of a decent centre back or holding midfielder.  Even when he gets the players that fit his style he can't win anything.  What's he going to do with English players who don't fit his style at all?

I think they should take a punt on someone young and up and coming - preferably without a lot of baggage.
    The English "style" in recent years has been, be really really shit at tournament football, perhaps a change in style would work, I don't believe that England don't produce talented technical players .
    Look at the England rugby team. Useless under an English manager at the World Cup, get a new manager with a proven track record who guides them to a 6 Nations Grand Slam and goes down under to whitewash the Australians.

The FA need to bite the bullet and get someone who has won something at international level.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • From Twitter:

Sam Allardyce is a disgrace and needs to be punished, humiliated and made an example of.  Therefore he should continue as England manager.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    lloyd said:
    crunchman said:

Look at the England rugby team. Useless under an English manager at the World Cup, get a new manager with a proven track record who guides them to a 6 Nations Grand Slam and goes down under to whitewash the Australians.

The FA need to bite the bullet and get someone who has won something at international level.
    Different jobs in a lot of ways but yeah, they need to bring in the best man for the job, not the best Englishman for the job-which is actually what they said when they got Big Sam in....

I thought he would have done a good job, but to say he was the best available manager on the planet for the job is a stretch.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I still want Pellegrini
    My V key is broken
  • holnrew said:
    I still want Pellegrini
    Too sensible. Let's go full animal house and get in Paulo Di Canio. It would be the perfect response to Brexit. We've decided that we don't like Europe and being governed by unelected European gits and we end up with a Italian manager with a thing for fascists. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Wenger has said he is interested in the England job .... at some point. Lets see if Arsenal push him.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Get Clive Woodward or Dave Brailsford to replace him.  There's no reason why the manager of the England football team needs to have a background in football, it's not like it's been successful so far.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Get Clive Woodward or Dave Brailsford to replace him.  There's no reason why the manager of the England football team needs to have a background in football, it's not like it's been successful so far.
    Hmmmm

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    Geoff Boycott?
  • Get Clive Woodward or Dave Brailsford to replace him.  There's no reason why the manager of the England football team needs to have a background in football, it's not like it's been successful so far.
    Clive Woodward does have a background in football. He was director of football at Southampton while Harry Redknapp was manager.

It did not end well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Get Clive Woodward or Dave Brailsford to replace him.  There's no reason why the manager of the England football team needs to have a background in football, it's not like it's been successful so far.
    Clive Woodward does have a background in football. He was director of football at Southampton while Harry Redknapp was manager.

It did not end well.
    Clive Woodward had a group of men that until the 2009-13 All Blacks were the best group of players ever, in a sport where there are less than 10 countries that take the sport seriously and only 5 that could be considered possible World Champions.

He also did it with an almost unlimited pot of cash (compared with other nations) in a sport that was being dragged kicking and screaming into the professional age.

Amazing achievement, but to think he could repeat the success is pie in the sky. His last outing as a manager was fucking dreadful (NZ Lions tour).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'd like to see Nigel Farage and his tache become England manager.... 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    lloyd said:

It did not end well.
    Clive Woodward had a group of men that until the 2009-13 All Blacks were the best group of players ever, in a sport where there are less than 10 countries that take the sport seriously and only 5 that could be considered possible World Champions.

He also did it with an almost unlimited pot of cash (compared with other nations) in a sport that was being dragged kicking and screaming into the professional age.

Amazing achievement, but to think he could repeat the success is pie in the sky. His last outing as a manager was fucking dreadful (NZ Lions tour).
    Yep, well said, and he was not successful at Southampton.
    to be the manager of the national football team i think its pretty much nailed on that you need to be on the money with knowledge of coaching and managing in football. I think its ludicrous to suggest otherwise.