Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Getting rid of a Chibson

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26772
    edited November 2016
    joeyowen said:
    I'd like to hear from @Dichibalscream on the matter
    I've had people misspell my surname before, but that one's new to me :D

As noted, I sent @Nunogilberto (and the OP) PMs to take it out of the thread. However, my thoughts are pretty much exactly spelled out by others in this thread - most notably, the posts from @bob21, @WezV, @littlegreenman and @Teetonetal. Probably not a lot of point reiterating.

FX_Munkee said:
    I see the roles a bit more like this:-

Like. Very much like :D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsun said:
    Most posters on here have disagreements with other forum members from time to time, but having a go at the TFB mods is not OK imho, considering they run this site for free and for our benefit, and have to deal with a lot of grief sometimes.
    I fully agree with @digitalscream on this thread, and have no issue with how he came across, but I totally disagree with you that the mods need magic treatment and cannot be disagreed with.

Unless they are 'modding' they should just be treated the same as everyone else imo.
    I agree with you that we should be treated as everybody else (although a pint or two wouldn't go amiss...). I read the comment you quoted as "having a go at TFB mods for doing their job is not OK", which I would tend to agree with. We're not delicate flowers, but it'd be nice if we didn't get any more hassle than is absolutely necessary while we're going about the business of keeping things running smoothly :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah. If it was meant as you've put it then I agree with that too! 
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    So, how much is the Chibby then?

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27697
    JookyChap said:
    You're getting banned for incitement.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I don't like counterfeit guitars and I think Gumtree is a minefield.

But if you asked God to invent a marketplace which was dripping with buyers who would appreciate and deserve a Chibson, he would offer you.......Gumtree.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @TTony said:
    JookyChap said:
    Can I get me coat?

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    JookyChap said:
    @TTony said:
    JookyChap said:
    Can I get me coat?
    No. We're gonna re-badge it and flog it down the market on Saturday.
  • seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    Shame you can't just change the "G" to a "CH" on the headstock, then it wouldn't be proper 'fake' as everyone, (including the "what's a guitar?" people), would know it isn't a Gibson.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Can't you just paint over the Les Paul part and scrawl 'Les Paul' in some shoddy gold pen, that way no one will ever believe it's the real deal.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Surely if we are enforcing the no fakes rule, we should probably remove the price from the OP, seeing as it publicises how much to offer... 

Just a thought. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Would you accept £300 in fake banknotes? ;)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Might be worth asking Rick or Justin Harrison if they're interested?
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I think the OP's post made it perfectly clear as to his intentions. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited November 2016
    I think its appalling that the OP can effectively flout the rules and advertise his Chibson for £300.

Should be no more than half that, surely?
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Chalky said:
    I think its appalling that the OP can effectively flout the rules and advertise his Chibson for £300.

Should be no more than half that, surely?
    Depends if postage is included. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've kept a low profile for a good while. It was never my intention to try and surreptitiously sell the thing on here. It was, as I've told Lee, an idle post in a quiet moment. I've had some pretty harsh things said to me as a result of it and it makes me wonder whether 'Don't Mentions Chibsons' should be in the rules. And whether Rule 2 should be applied a little more evenly. I'm not a dick, whatever he may think, and I'm quite grown up.

Sometimes, people on forums can be very rude to others online, in much the same way as people in cars can to other motorists. In both cases people seem to forget that they're actually communicating with another human being. But this isn't a sociology forum, so enough of that.

Thanks to all of you who've helped me out with various guitar-nerding problems. I forget all the names but ICBM stands out. Good luck to you all.

Cheerio.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I thought that particular storm had well & truly blown over, the teacup had been washed up and put back in the cupboard.

Sometimes, people on forums can be very rude to others online
    I've long thought, and will long think, that we're living in an era of unprecedented change in many aspects of interpersonal relationship & communication.

For just-about-ever, we've only communicated face-to-face.  It's how we (as a species) learned to communicate.  We didn't just use spoken words (or grunts or whatever), we used facial expressions, body positioning, and a whole range of non verbal signals.  Communicating via the written word (aka "books", "newspapers", et al), changed that a little, but that was a one-to-many medium in which there was little right or expectation of reply and we still relied almost exclusively on the spoken word for the vast majority of our interactions.

In 20 years, the internet has completely disrupted millennia of accepted and expected norms.

We no longer see each other when we're "talking", we lose a huge amount of richness of context and understanding.  

We're still working out how to deal with that, and will still be working it out for decades or centuries to come.  Probably not millennia, because we probably don't have that long.

So, can people be rude to each other online?  Absolutely.  Of course.  And sometimes deliberately so.

Othertimes, I prefer to believe that it's not rudeness, it's just a failure (on one side or the other, or both) to understand the impact of our new media and how to use it (to send and receive) our communication signals to each other.

Hey ho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Some of those guys making Chibsons etc should put their skills towards making high quality guitars with good woods TBH.  
    Some of those guys making Chibsons etc should put their skills towards making high quality guitars with good woods TBH.  
    Some of them are.
    ;)