Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Getting rid of a Chibson

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TTony said:
    Some of those guys making Chibsons etc should put their skills towards making high quality guitars with good woods TBH.  
    Some of them are.
    ;)
    Really?  I honestly didn't know.... old Kawaii guitars?  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    ICBM said:
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/tyaye5p9tYA/maxresdefault.jpg

:)

Difficult one… it seems a shame to destroy a perfectly good guitar, but it isn't quite OK to sell it. Probably the best thing to do is to sand off the logo - then it's just a copy, not a counterfeit. Painting over it may be enough, but that leaves open the possibility that someone could clean the paint off.
    That seems to me to be your best option @Fatfingers.  If it is a reasonably good guitar, it remains so whether it carries a (makers) logo or not.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Right, so I'm thinking of selling one of my Chibsons and I wondered if you guys would.....

(fade voice, fade to black)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    Sad that another human being feels this place is unwelcoming. Fair wind @Fatfingers and come visit us again, we do value your presence as that's what we are ultimatly all about.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6114
    edited November 2016
    TTony said:
    I thought that particular storm had well & truly blown over, the teacup had been washed up and put back in the cupboard.

Sometimes, people on forums can be very rude to others online
    I've long thought, and will long think, that we're living in an era of unprecedented change in many aspects of interpersonal relationship & communication.

For just-about-ever, we've only communicated face-to-face.  It's how we (as a species) learned to communicate.  We didn't just use spoken words (or grunts or whatever), we used facial expressions, body positioning, and a whole range of non verbal signals.  Communicating via the written word (aka "books", "newspapers", et al), changed that a little, but that was a one-to-many medium in which there was little right or expectation of reply and we still relied almost exclusively on the spoken word for the vast majority of our interactions.

In 20 years, the internet has completely disrupted millennia of accepted and expected norms.

We no longer see each other when we're "talking", we lose a huge amount of richness of context and understanding.  

We're still working out how to deal with that, and will still be working it out for decades or centuries to come.  Probably not millennia, because we probably don't have that long.

So, can people be rude to each other online?  Absolutely.  Of course.  And sometimes deliberately so.

Othertimes, I prefer to believe that it's not rudeness, it's just a failure (on one side or the other, or both) to understand the impact of our new media and how to use it (to send and receive) our communication signals to each other.

Hey ho.
    Interesting post. I was surprised when Apple made a big deal of emojis on their new mac's trackbar thing but perhaps they're out front in accepting that they're the way of making your point without giving offence
    I think eventually there'll be a reaction against social media or people will just get bored with it and decide to do real stuff.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    Chalky said:
    Right, so I'm thinking of selling one of my Chibsons and I wondered if you guys would.....

(fade voice, fade to black)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27674
    ESBlonde said:
    Sad that another human being feels this place is unwelcoming. Fair wind @Fatfingers and come visit us again, we do value your presence as that's what we are ultimatly all about.

I'm not sure that it's just "this place", or whether it's any similar on-line community.

I believe that theFretBoard is relatively friendly, welcoming, accepting and tolerant.  

But that's relative to similar on-line communities rather than relative to the old-world pub or club (ie where similar meetings and interactions would have taken place in the old world).  

JezWynd said:
    Interesting post. I was surprised when Apple made a big deal of emojis on their new mac's trackbar thing but perhaps they're out front in accepting that they're the way of making your point without giving offence
    I think eventually there'll be a reaction against social media or people will just get bored with it and decide to do real stuff.
    I really do believe that, in years to come, sociologists will generate a whole new field of study on the effects of our changing methods of interacting.  Whatever the outcome, they'll not be able to argue against the fact that the "great technology surge" of the early 2000s completely changed the way that human beings chose to interact with each other with a fundamental impact on how we live our lives ...

We are living in very interesting times.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    If you think about it, the enjoyment of short, vituperative, asynchronous communication dates back to when the first caveman shouted at another.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15987

I have a Chinese forgery too.....the Lickenbacker model

tae be or not tae be
  • Chalky said:
    If you think about it, the enjoyment of short, vituperative, asynchronous communication dates back to when the first caveman shouted at another.
    What do all them big words mean?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4238
    Chalky said:
    Ages ago, people were shits to each other in small bursts one at a time. :)
  • randella said:
    Chalky said:
    Ages ago, people were shits to each other in small bursts one at a time. :)
    I lol'd.