Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Admin and all

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    My V key is broken
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:

It's why I stay out of most of the threads on SC to be honest. I don't know enough about the politics anyway...
    Oh don't let that stop you.in fact the more knowledgeably you can talk about a subject, the more you're likely to get abuse on here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    holnrew said:
    She got to him

Ha. She heard of his kindness and skills at reasoned debate, and had him killed before Trump could recruit him...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    boogieman said:

It's why I stay out of most of the threads on SC to be honest. I don't know enough about the politics anyway...
    Oh don't let that stop you.in fact the more knowledgeably you can talk about a subject, the more you're likely to get abuse on here.
    I'm an expert on talking bollocks if that helps. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    So he has. He's not been on here since 11 July
    He got fed up with all the Brexit talk aggro and decided to leave apparently. Shame, I miss Chilli. 
    Actually that's quite understandable. I binned tFB for a few weeks as some of the folks on here were being weapons grade pricks reference the outcome of the EU referendum.
    I find it odd that so many leave because of Off topic! This is a guitar forum after all. Drew had a lot to contribute in the music areas of the forum and I will miss him for that. Ignore lists work well as does simply not posting in the sections where you get wound up...

I had a break because I wanted to stop looking at gear... didn't really work as I just started using TGP instead :) So came right back.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    shame, bit dramatic, flouncish for sure. Will he get a lot of pisstaking if he returns though???

I was only just thinking, there are people in here who have been posting since the intermusic days. I reckon that for me, it goes back probably 15 years, maybe more. I remember Drew when he was Amberience somewhere, and was a right nutter.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16026
    Image result for eric morecambe guitar
    tae be or not tae be
  • BigMonka said:
    octatonic said:

Him leaving was always going to be noticed- such as when Frank, RandomHC, Chilli and a few others left.
    Doesn't bother me that he announced it.
    Even if I had a beef with him I'd not try to make any sort of capital out of him leaving.
    Plenty of other people have done much the same, some have done the 'suicide-by-cop' thing of posting stuff that gets them a perma-ban (Lix), some have just quietly left.

I was sad to see RandomHC go as he used to regularly reply to posts with some brilliantly photoshopped funny pictures. Never saw a reason for him leaving either.

Yeah, I don't remember why RHC left. Top bloke, hilarious and knows his onions on all things guitar. 

Hope Drew isn't gone for long. 
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982

18reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Snap said:
    shame, bit dramatic, flouncish for sure. Will he get a lot of pisstaking if he returns though???

I was only just thinking, there are people in here who have been posting since the intermusic days. I reckon that for me, it goes back probably 15 years, maybe more. I remember Drew when he was Amberience somewhere, and was a right nutter.
    Yeah I joined intermusic in Feb 2002, when I was 16. Fucking hell that's a long time of not getting better at guitar
    My V key is broken
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah but @holnrew have you got a guitar? :P
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah but @holnrew have you got a guitar? :P
    I hae actually, and I wrote a song recently. Me and a friend in merseyside are trying to get a project going where we write and record together oer the internet
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12468
    Snap said:

I've been around since intermusic days too. People have always come and gone. Some reappear later, it's no big deal really. Drew has his moments but I've usually put that down to him being deliberately provocative to get a rise out of people, I don't think there's anything genuinely nutter-ish about him. Hope he comes back. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31780
    I hope he stays away for a while for his own health. His trolling seems to wind him up more that its intended targets. 

I like Drew and his sense of humour even though we cross swords from time to time, but he's been a bit fragile lately. 

He needs to concentrate on his family for a while, and I imagine that's the reason he's buggered off for a bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4619
    edited November 2016
    Every super moon he flounces ... Just fuck off already, he is a disease .. a cancer of this forum .. 

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178081/3967083-neo-matrix-fighting.jpg

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing how nasty some people get when Drew makes his exit.  Some of you are right cunts to be honest - you in particular DesVegas.  
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2480
    edited November 2016
    This us slightly unrelated, but I was wondering if for instance lofiloop stopped trying to circumvent his ban, engaged with the mods, accepted a given ban period without trying to circumvent it, could they then be reinstated (with the agreement of the mods obviously).

This is a privately run forum and the mods can do what they like, but just a random thought (prompted in part by the resurrected thread in the FX forum).

Oh, and Drew can often be a bit of a knob at times (I think it's made worse by the lack of non-verbal cues on a forum), but he does tend to keep it to SC and contributes to other areas of the forum. It's a self-imposed ban, although it could have been done flouncelessly/unflouncingly (???), so hopefully after he gets his head showered as we say around here it'll be back to normal.

Anyone had any contact with RHC outside of the forum? He contributed a lot. I presume it was a self imposed ban? Hopefully not a permaban.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6916
    edited November 2016
    KKJale said:

Exactly.

I don't know why people are defending him and equally those having a pop.

I couldn't care less. He would probably be first in line to make a cuntish comment on someone else's flounce thread...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    KKJale said:

Exactly.

I don't know why people are defending him and equally those having a pop.

I couldn't care less. He would probably be first in line to make a cuntish comment on someone else's flounce thread...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • So he's done a Fretxic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.