Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Admin and all

What's Hot

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Hey, sorry you are going. I had you on ignore but I still read some of your posts.

You were definitely part of TheFretboard family and you will be missed. Laughs and insults in equal measure but ultimately it was all good banter.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12423
    Well I liked the guy, provocative for sure and impossible to win an argument with but hey, he knew his stuff and he us a musician which a lot of us (ok, me) wish they could be if only I could pull my finger out if my arse.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • You mean to tell me there's a life beyond this screen..? who'd have fookin thunk it. 

Hope he comes back with a map..like The Cooler King in the Great Escape. 

Where's me fuckin shovel..??
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4242
    Philly_Q said:
    I never know quite what to say on the subject of, or in threads involving, Drew.  To be perfectly honest, I am more than a little afraid of him. But this place is somewhat less interesting when he's not here.

Unless you know him in person it's just an online persona, like mine is to you. Not sure there's much to be afraid of there :) 

To be honest, for someone who had the reputation as one of the board's flagship windup merchants, my tiny handful of interactions with him were entirely polite almost to the point of being bland. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    A fascinating person but he takes it too far and too often for my liking.

I work just down the road from his flat, do I need to check that he hasn't thrown himself out of the window?

He'd probably survive. It's the ground floor.
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12421
    He's only on a break and he isn't suicidal. Pretty sure he'll be back. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    edited November 2016

If hes only on a break, does that mean he can court other forums..Fora...without feeling guilty?

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited November 2016
    He'll be back tomorrow with a proper cuntish comment
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Philly_Q said:
    I never know quite what to say on the subject of, or in threads involving, Drew.  To be perfectly honest, I am more than a little afraid of him. But this place is somewhat less interesting when he's not here.
    Nothing to be afraid of. Lovely chap in person.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11629
    tFB Trader
    Yes - he comes over different on here to how he seems face to face .
    But I find the idea interesting that in trying to wind up or antagonise others he gets himself in a state - to the extent that he needs to bail out for a while.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23083
    Bucket said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Nothing to be afraid of. Lovely chap in person.
    Oh, I'm sure he is.  It's the online persona I'm scared of.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    For what it's worth, there's logic behind posting here. Drew's tried to take time off from here before, and always ended up coming back. He doesn't want to do that again (he's nuked a few of his other online accounts too), so by posting it he's trying to make it more difficult to come back.
    I was thinking that, it's something I do when I take a facebook break. Like I can't log in and be seen online if I say I'm away for a bit, then you really do look like you were seeking attention
    My V key is broken
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4993
    What the hell is going on?  Turn my back for five minutes.......
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• SporkySporky Frets: 28672
    Rocker said:
    What the hell is going on?  Turn my back for five minutes.......
    You're claiming responsibility?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For what it's worth, there's logic behind posting here. Drew's tried to take time off from here before, and always ended up coming back. He doesn't want to do that again (he's nuked a few of his other online accounts too), so by posting it he's trying to make it more difficult to come back.
    He's still on Grindr though. 

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • For what it's worth, there's logic behind posting here. Drew's tried to take time off from here before, and always ended up coming back. He doesn't want to do that again (he's nuked a few of his other online accounts too), so by posting it he's trying to make it more difficult to come back.
    He's still on Grindr though. 
    I can't find him or you on there.....  Do I need to change my location settings?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2899
    Attention seeking big girls blouse 
    End of. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24429
    For what it's worth, there's logic behind posting here. Drew's tried to take time off from here before, and always ended up coming back. He doesn't want to do that again (he's nuked a few of his other online accounts too), so by posting it he's trying to make it more difficult to come back.
    Sorry, but I really don't think Drew's that thin-skinned to give a shit about his reputation should he recant.

I can make it more difficult for him to come back.  Next time he reappears (which he will do), can I just ban him immediately?

Problem solved all round.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.