Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Max Romeo all summer long...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    JezWynd said:
    Max Romeo all summer long...

I don't really know anything about Max Romeo. He made these rather jokey, rude early reggae singles and then one of the classic reggae albums full of political/ cultural/ religious angst. Presumably there was a reason for the transition.  I know the title track from War Ina Babylon and the track Chase the Devil more than the other tracks as those two pop up on a lot of reggae compilations. Chase the Devil also being the answer to the questions 'what's a good example of octave playing on guitar' and 'what track should Madness have really not covered?'  

Slightly random reggae track that I've been coming back to even just because I wonder what the hell they were thinking:

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Never heard of them before but today's tunes are supplied by Blind River... absolutely loving it! He sounds like John Garcia and there's a bit of a Kyuss vibe going on, but it's not Stoner Rock. Recommended!

Andy
  •  Never Fade, the stand out song from Alice in Chain's new album. Has a great Cantrell solo.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 467
    I'd never heard this song before I stumbled across it a few days ago, now it's stuck my head.
    About a shipwreck which killed 29 sailors in 1975.

• FazerFazer Frets: 467

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    EricTheWeary said:

I don't really know anything about Max Romeo. He made these rather jokey, rude early reggae singles and then one of the classic reggae albums full of political/ cultural/ religious angst.
    Max Romeo was an alias of Lee Perry. Producer extraordinaire.

Current fave, Lou Reed's Growing Up In Public long. player, love the opener...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    edited September 2018
    This popped up on my youtube recommendations the other day, forgot what an amazing song it is,

• The new James Bay album.
    It's shit. It doesn't have anything on the Chaos & the Calm album. 
    Yuck. Production is balls. The songs sound so stale and generic. Lifeless. What happened!!!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    Yuck. Production is balls. The songs sound so stale and generic. Lifeless. What happened!!!
    I decided not to buy it, as the initial song released sounded uninspiring, and there was the new overstyled haircut. I thought The Chaos & Calm album had some good stuff on it.
  • The new Anna Calvi album; standout song is Chain, with great lead playing at the end. Hope she plays this when I see her at Festival 6 this weekend 

https://youtu.be/nRV1c61fRDE
  • My childhood, basically.

Video game music can be so damn good. It's been more than 20 years since I first booted up Red Alert... Mental to even think about it.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

Lemonheads - It's a Shame About Ray

Snarky Puppy - We Like It Here

The Jam - Sound Affects

The Byrds - Fifth Dimension

The XX - XX

Next up...

Senseless Things - Empire of the Senseless

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    JezWynd said:
    Max Romeo was an alias of Lee Perry. Producer extraordinaire.

@JezWynd  ; Shutup! How the fuckin' fuck did I not know this??

Here's about the last thing I have of his:
    Alpha and Omega, "Dub Fire"

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28211
    Someone mentioned Deadmaus recently. Some of it is rather good. 

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I decided not to buy it, as the initial song released sounded uninspiring, and there was the new overstyled haircut. I thought The Chaos & Calm album had some good stuff on it.
    My sentiment exactly. I just waited and borrowed it from the Library, but it didn't make it any less painful. :( 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    I've been headbanging to Frank Black and the Catholics most of the weekend. I've got an unhealthy love for the outro solo on this in particular:

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lenny Kravitz  at Hyde Park on the iPlayer. Obviously needs a job when not acting or designing bathroom tiles ( apparently). The contents of a vintage guitar shop and a very big hat and a very energetic, crowd pleasing performance. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.