Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• New Keith Richards CD : Crosseyed Heart.  Took a second listen to get to really enjoy it. Keith backed by the Expensive Wino's again plus a few guests.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I picked up the two David Lee Roth albums with Steve Vai playing on them..."Eat 'em and Smile" and "Skyscraper"

Very dated 80s drums and keyboards....but there's a lot of familiar guitar sounds going on. I need to read up on this but the guitars on Skyscraper really sound like he's working up to "Passion and Warfare".
  • Tommy Emmanuel's new album "It's Never Too Late" 

I didn't even know he had a new one out until very recently. It's very nice. One of the best parts it the lack of vocals. There was too much vocals on Little By Little (the predecessor). 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • HollowAxisHollowAxis Frets: 117
    edited November 2015
    Burning Airlines.
    Because I ran to the car and didn't have a playlist loaded.
    First think that popped into my head to stream while I was driving to work.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited September 2015
    It's far from new but today I'm loving the Dire Straits Alchemy album. Pretty sure it was inspired by someone on here actually. I added it to my Apple Music list a while ago and only remembered I'd done that today. Quiet day at work, so I can get on with things on my own and make some good progress and listening to this has been superb. So, so good!

My uncle gave me a copy of this on cassette as a kid and I listened to it countless times in my walkman when I would've been no more than 7 or 8, but I've not heard it since then... so that's about 28 years ago! Wow! What an album it is, sublime all the way through. £6.99 on Amazon... a must buy! :)

Thanks to whoever it was on here that mentioned it and reminded me to go and listen to it. :D

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Daft video; good sounds...

Lower Spectrum, "Khlever"

• dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    Been listening to this today in anticipation of the album release tomorrow...

Girl Band - Pears for Lunch

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    andyp said:
    It's far from new but today I'm loving the Dire Straits Alchemy album. Pretty sure it was inspired by someone on here actually. I added it to my Apple Music list a while ago and only remembered I'd done that today. Quiet day at work, so I can get on with things on my own and make some good progress and listening to this has been superb. So, so good!

My uncle gave me a copy of this on cassette as a kid and I listened to it countless times in my walkman when I would've been no more than 7 or 8, but I've not heard it since then... so that's about 28 years ago! Wow! What an album it is, sublime all the way through. £6.99 on Amazon... a must buy! :)

Thanks to whoever it was on here that mentioned it and reminded me to go and listen to it. :D

Andy
    Oh my.  My auntie bought me this on double vinyl back in the day.  Very happy memories.  Now on apple music.

For new things the new Tesseract album is very good.  Missing Ashe on vocals (as part of the theme) a la Altered State but very good indeed.

New Lamb of God (512) is excellent.

John Browne of Monuments (to which you should listen a lot) has a new work out shortly called Qatsi.  

The Melvins have been big recently.  Betty is a tour de force in raw de tuned grunge.
  • prh777prh777 Frets: 143
    prh777 said:
    andyp said:

Andy
    Oh my.  My auntie bought me this on double vinyl back in the day.  Very happy memories.  Now on apple music.

For new things the new Tesseract album is very good.  Missing Ashe on vocals (as part of the theme) a la Altered State but very good indeed.

New Lamb of God (512) is excellent.

John Browne of Monuments (to which you should listen a lot) has a new work out shortly called Qatsi.  

The Melvins have been big recently.  Betty is a tour de force in raw de tuned grunge.
    I meant Helmet.  Not Melvins.....
  • First track off the forthcoming solo album by the reverend Gibbons. I quite like it, I gather the whole album is in this vein.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I have developed a bit of an obsession with The Broken Family Band! Bit late cos they split up a few years back!

All albums are brilliant, offshoots are brilliant (Singing Adams) and Steven James Adams solo album is, well ..... brilliant!

So thats brilliant then!

• robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited September 2015
    And also worth a listen - Young Kato.

Cheltenham-based, 80's influenced, popsters. Great songs, great band and a great frontman in Tommy (who my youngest daughter loves with a passion!). Seen them live a few times now, and they make me feel young again!

Word up!

• wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited September 2015
    James Brown singles 73-75 uggh!
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    The new CHVRCHES album on repeat... I'm starting to sound like a bit of a fanboy now aren't I?!
    Stop crying, start buying
  • I've got it on now @Moss. Will reserve judgement for a while. Clearest Blue is such blatant plagiarism I'm not sure I can forgive it. I can't fathom why anyone would steal from "Just Can't Get Enough"?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @GavHaus What has been heard cannot be unheard... I was quite enjoying it before that. Playing dead is awesome though
  • The song is great til that point. On first play through now. Loser here preordered it, so I steadfastly refused to stream it before as I didn't want to ruin the physical copy.
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited September 2015
    Moss said:
    The new CHVRCHES album on repeat... I'm starting to sound like a bit of a fanboy now aren't I?!
    I absolutely loved their first album and it's only just been taken out of the car having had it since release day. Pre-ordered the new one which landed at 4:30pm today courtesy of the Amazon juggernaught but I've not been able to listen to it yet. Hoping it's as good as the first one!

Saw them in a tiny club in Aberdeen about 9 months before their first album came out and have tickets for them for November (I think). Nothing wrong with a bit of Fanboying :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @andyp You won't be dissapointed...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom