2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    3 weeks off running with mystery leg problem. Depressing. Jogged half a mile today and nothing got worse, I'll try a bit further on Thursday. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    edited February 2017
    Decided not to post a lot on this one but here's my news up til today. Started 'running' or walking deluxe in my case probably mid last year after about 9 months going for walks etc. Never very good with all this but decided to get to change things up back in June '15. 

Having looked old running data I've probably done about 150k approx in 2016. This included September and a fund raising 'marathon' whereby you had a month to run a marathon distance. I managed a slow but steady 8 days to hit the distance in between other commitments. That sort of gave me the bug to keep going. In June '15 I was about 16.5 stone (6ft 1") approx and still the same height now (!) but around 12 and 3/4 stone. Aiming for 12.5 if  I can.

For January I ran about 50kms and just finished a 5k today for 105kms for February. I'm running a 6.5k fund raising run in April so just trying to get a bit better for that. Not finding it mega easy as I'm no natural at all at it but I am getting a bit quicker even if still not very fast by the grand scheme of things. I was a guy though that would drive to the fridge if I could....

I've been running 5ks and the odd 6.5ks just for getting used to the distance I'll be doing in April. My quickest 5k is about 27 mins and 6.5k about 38 mins. All run outside in a local park. Hoping to get 5k under 25mins if I can but totally fine if I don't. It is good fun and replaced the being in a band sort of thing as I no longer play.

Anyhow, war and peace over. I'll update again on how March works out. Hoping I can continue the February sort of k's if I can

Cheers
    Hugh

www.proudhoney.com

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    Big day.
    Did a 5k at 5am, then took a flight to Sydney.
    Did a 10k in the evening.
    Knackered now.

March 1st: 282km + 15km = 297km
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    8.4lm today in a rapid (for me) 38:22.  
    157km for the year so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    6.4 miles on Sunday and 3.6 miles tonight. Back is now sorted and glute/leg problem gone. Back to training properly now. Got an 100 mile race in 2 months. Then the grand slam starts with a 100 miler every 6-8 weeks. 4 in total. Going to be interesting.

Total so far =160miles/257km (been out injured with back this year).
    March 2nd: 297km + 7km = 304km
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    221km + 10km = 231km
    octatonic said:
    Big day.
    Knackered now.

Hard core baby.
    Deadman said:
    octatonic said:
    Big day.
    Knackered now.

Hard core baby.
    :) nice to see you doing double digit runs as well.
    I need to have a rest day quite soon I think.
    Yeah, I missed yesterday as I got stuck in work last night so got out this morning.  I couldn't stop at 5km on that basis could I? I love this shit, honestly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    9.4 km.  Really difficult run, final couple of kilometres were just me saying "Come on, you can do it, don't stop".

Then when I got home, I'd just showered, foam rollered and and sat down with a cup of tea and Mrs Stoo rang saying her back had gone into spasm in the swimming pool.  I had to run on to the pool with knackered legs and get her.  The pool staff had helped her a lot, so all I had to do was get her from a wheelchair into the car and drive home.

Not the greatest day to be honest.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • 194 + 10 = 204! I cracked 200k!
    I can't believe so many of us are in the 200k club. 
    Haven't been able to update but I've been running.  12km + 10km over the last few days.

Total: 326km
    231km + 12km = 243km
  • 194 + 10 = 204! I cracked 200k!
    I can't believe so many of us are in the 200k club. 
    Another 16k over the last 2 days. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    13.1 miles today in the Newport HM. Not sure what time I did, a minute or so under 2 hours I think. I'm pretty happy with that given my training, and it's not the slowest I've run which is what I was expecting. In fact running that with about 10 pounds of excess baggage isn't bad at all for me.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    9km today.  I did a different route that I thought was longer.  Turns out I was wrong.  Oh well, going to have to add in a few twists and turns to get to that 10km mark.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    Couple of runs last week and a 10Km at the weekend takes me into the 200 club too, 212.5km total
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    127km + 5km = 132km
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    13.1 miles today in the Newport HM. Not sure what time I did, a minute or so under 2 hours I think. I'm pretty happy with that given my training, and it's not the slowest I've run which is what I was expecting. In fact running that with about 10 pounds of excess baggage isn't bad at all for me.
    Excellent. Good time too :-)