• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    Superb work by all gents.

243km + 7km = 250km
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited March 2017
    Mar 6th: 326km + 18km = 344km.
    Yup, I ran 18km.
    Cant quite believe I did it, but Sydney has been cooler and wetter, it has been less of a challenge than when in the hot stuff.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    After 2 weeks off with a pulled calf I managed 3k this evening.

Leg felt ok, still a bit tight, but getting there.

Funny how quickly fitness drops off when you reach a certain age!
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    mcsdan said:
    13.1 miles today in the Newport HM. Not sure what time I did, a minute or so under 2 hours I think. I'm pretty happy with that given my training, and it's not the slowest I've run which is what I was expecting. In fact running that with about 10 pounds of excess baggage isn't bad at all for me.
    Excellent. Good time too :-)
    Thanks! The time was actually 1:55:20, so very satisfactory. Also I had no recurrence of the pelvic/hip problem from the 2014 edition of the same event. I found the fake FiveFingers were very good up any incline, my theory being that I lose less energy than runners in typical shoes so find it easier. They don't have the "weird bloke" factor of sandals, all I heard in 2014 was "That bloke's running in flip flops!".

Now I am pondering the mooted 2018 Cardiff Marathon. At least I will try to up my running over the next 6 months and see what happens.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited March 2017
    Think this running has done my already dodgy knee in! Did a few last week as it was too wet for biking. Knee was all swollen and stiff over the weekend. Back to biking it is unless there's a way I can prevent this!
    Leave off @TTBZ . Bike or rest till the pain's gone. Good luck.

I admire your distances @fields5069 .Will I ever be in a position to get to your level? I doubt it!

@fretmeister good effort. I struggling even with blisters so my Sauconys are in question, going back to my old Skechers for a week to see if it's that.

@octatonic. 18k? Wow! I bet the scenery is helping though  ;)

250km + a short 5km today = 255km
    Deadman said:
    Leave off @TTBZ . Bike or rest till the pain's gone. Good luck.

I admire your distances @fields5069 .Will I ever be in a position to get to your level? I doubt it!

@fretmeister good effort. I struggling even with blisters so my Sauconys are in question, going back to my old Skechers for a week to see if it's that.

@octatonic. 18k? Wow! I bet the scenery is helping though  ;)

250km + a short 5km today = 255km
    I believe it's mostly mental to be honest, in terms of distance anyway. Weight is the issue with a lot of people, but little by little it can definitely be done.

Reminds me of a guy on fetcheveryone.com though. He ran track when he was younger, maybe county level but I'm not 100% sure. He thought he'd take up this running lark again aged 40, and proceeded to knock out 1:20 half marathons within a year or so!
    edited March 2017
    Mar 8th: 344km + 6km = 350km.
    Last full day in Australia today- I've decided to head home 4 days early to look after my pooch who is poorly.
    Lost a couple of kg in Australia, let's see if it stays off when I return to my daily routine in the UK.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    10.1 km.  Knackered.  Sore.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    @fields5069 all sounds good and ike you've got the bug again. :)
    Just under 11 miles last night off road in the dark through woodlands. Lots of glowing eyes starring at me lol Great to be back running. Really enjoyed the run and the headspace. 7 weeks to get back to full fitness for my race. However been following a low carb high fat diet and dropped 11 pounds in 3 weeks so already below race weight and gym work has gotten stronger too. Final bit of the puzzle(fitness) to get back up now. Feeling confident.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    5 miles at lunch. My first run of the week, but legs were pretty OK as I walked a few miles on Monday.
    Just 5km for me. Getting quicker, but my blisters are stopping me from longer distances.

255km + 5km = 260km
    edited March 2017
    Mar 9th: 350km + 7km = 357km.
    Final cheeky run before the flight.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    132km + 5km = 137km. Need to get out a bit more frequently. My revised target for the year is 1000km but I need to up my weekly distance to achieve that. 
    5km in an (ok for a fat old nacker) 26.49 earlier, considering I did it in 33.00 on 26th January.

260km + 5km = 265km

2 miles hill reps Wednesday. 9.1 mile recovery run yesterday. Rest today. 20-26 tomorrow off road. Finally getting back to it!

190 miles/305k so far. So behind, that's my normal monthly mileage! Good to be back all the same :-)
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    10.1 km.  I normally have a timer going to track my improvements, but all I was concerned about today was running the distance.

I've been feeling a bit of pain in my heels, so I had a look at my shoes.  I got them at the end of January, and they're shredded.  I'm a bit pissed off because I'd gone for a slightly higher price than I normally do, thinking they'd be better quality.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    265km + 5km = 270km. Total of 39km for this week.
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    House move and a bout of the lurgy forced a 10 day break but I ran to work and back yesterday.  The new route is about the same distance as before but all through town so much less enjoyable.  
    Now that the hassle of moving is out of the way I'm looking forward to getting to some more regular training.  I'd like to be both lighter and stronger. Best I get to it!

12km yesterday and 323km in total.