2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I'm the third I think, though it'll only be really useful if I can trust my dodgy GPS watch. I'll try it and see what happens.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited January 2017
    Okay so long story short I've joined but lost details of my last run. I had some old accounts i forgot I had and due to duplicated email addresses that various websites aren't happy with, so I had to resync my garmin.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    @littlethoughts Strava has a connection for Garmin so providing you can upload to Garmin Connect, strava will pull it through.

Well done on 10k yesterday. Don't worry about pace :) still faster than those sitting on the sofa!
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    You can also download free strava app for your phone if no running watch.

• mcsdan said:
    @littlethoughts Strava has a connection for Garmin so providing you can upload to Garmin Connect, strava will pull it through.

Well done on 10k yesterday. Don't worry about pace :) still faster than those sitting on the sofa!
    Thanks! it won't get it because it was on a different garmin connect profile. I had some trouble setting up my watch when I first got it, turns out it was because I had an old account i forgot about! I've just decided to sync up with the old account and lose the data from the new account.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I'm going to stick with the chalkboard in our kitchen method of logging runs.

January 3rd: 14.5km + 6.5km = 21km total

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Made a start with a 5k tonight
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    I've used a treadmill for my first 4k. It's at work and was too tempting given the arctic temperatures outside! Only managed 4k as it's on quite an incline and I haven't figured out how to adjust it yet. 

So. 4k.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    I've got the London Triathlon in July, and haven't started training yet - so might well get on this in the next few days! 
    Deadman said:
    I've used a treadmill for my first 4k. It's at work and was too tempting given the arctic temperatures outside! Only managed 4k as it's on quite an incline and I haven't figured out how to adjust it yet. 

So. 4k.
    Nice one.

I wear motorcycle base layer leggings under my running shorts (better than tracksuit) plus a pair of thin gloves and a cap.
    It is only the first couple of km that are cold.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    Yeah I've got some legging things but still...it was too appealing to stay indoors. Doesn't stop the old fella from disappearing inside your pelvis though eh? Or is that just me...? Errr.. yeah...haha...ok then.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I'm doing 5 miles at lunchtime today, a loop from Aztec West (BS32) to Three Brooks in the Bradley Stoke nature reserve, if anyone knows the area.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Taken my running stuff to work for the first time ever. Assuming I haven't forgotten something critical, and I can get out the 1100-1600 meeting, I am going for a run around Canary Wharf!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24287
    octatonic said:
    Deadman said:

So. 4k.
    Nice one.

I wear motorcycle base layer leggings under my running shorts (better than tracksuit) plus a pair of thin gloves and a cap.
    Just don't confuse running tights with baselayer / underwear if you aren't going to wear anything over the top.

There's a bloke round here who can't tell the difference.

If there are pockets, a drawstring, or reflective elements for safe evening running, then fine. If not - then you are running just in your pants.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Managed 6.1km last night so my years total is 11.1km - Feeling a bit achy today but my wife has a bit of a cold so it might be some of that.

This time of year it's definitely worth having some gloves on when running. I don't tend to bother with base layer trousers/shirts myself unless it gets really bitter because by the time I'm a km into the run I don't really feel the cold.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Deadman said:

So. 4k.
    Nice one.

Just don't confuse running tights with baselayer / underwear if you aren't going to wear anything over the top.

If there are pockets, a drawstring, or reflective elements for safe evening running, then fine. If not - then you are running just in your pants.
    Ha.
    I bet that looks lovely. :)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24287
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Deadman said:

So. 4k.
    Nice one.

Ha.
    Wouldn't be so bad if they were a dark colour - like men's tights usually are.

He's got a selection - orange, light blue and, god I need to clean my eyes with bleach, white.
    octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Deadman said:

So. 4k.
    Nice one.

Ha.
    Wouldn't be so bad if they were a dark colour - like men's tights usually are.

He's got a selection - orange, light blue and, god I need to clean my eyes with bleach, white.
    We had a guy like that at the gym I was at in Acton.
    He used to do a bizarre calisthenic routine that looks a bit like ballet, a bit like karate, a bit like capoeira and 100% like a twat.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    I'm going to stick with the chalkboard in our kitchen method of logging runs.

January 3rd: 14.5km + 6.5km = 21km total

@octatonic - If thats the approach you're happy with fair enough but just for info if you were interested you can use the strava website to manual upload your runs and keep a track. No need to use the smartphone app or any fitness tracker.

https://www.strava.com/upload/manual

Also, I saw a post online over the weekend with some running infographics that might be of interest or handy so here there are ..