Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Noel Gallagher on Jazz

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited January 2017
    What bugs me about this sort of stuff is that musicians like this can play, they just seem to believe it's beneath them. Kaiser, for example, has worked with Richard Thompson, not once, but twice. Thompson is not known for his indulgence of idiots, so Kaiser must clearly be good. But he prefers not to be in videos like this. Why?

Bailey is the same. He reminds me of that doc on BBC4 about the history of the symphony. One of the composers recalls being rung up by a contemporary who screamed at him for half an hour for having the temerity to include a proper chord - "I think it was an F#minor" - in one of his pieces. The programme had several pics of concerts of this sort of stuff in front of about 12 people in a 2,000 seater hall.

I am fully aware that popularity does not equal quality, but the reverse isn't true, either.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Jazz is more like Rum than beer, It can be much better when mixed down with something -
    Case in point:

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11924

Jazz is more like Rum than beer, It can be much better when mixed down with something -
    Case in point:

and

more examples of less-accessible material made more accessible by a  gifted producer:

• I only really listen to jazz in a live setting, which is what it's all about, surely.
    I only really listen to jazz in a live setting, which is what it's all about, surely.
    certainly, well-executed but formulaic Jazz, blues and reggae (and other styles) can be pleasant in a live setting, yet  good Jazz bears repeated listening at home, same as with other styles
  • I read three jazz theory book, got a couple real books and a bunch of CDs but despite all that, I never took to it in a big way. Maybe one day!