Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What happened to GT Forum peeps?

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12366
    Sporky said:
    Your face is mirrors.
    So's your mum
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27515
    Sporky said:
    Your face is mirrors.
    How can you still be posting?  You're banned.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2555
    edited January 2017
    Dave Goji was a legend. Jason and I swapped many PM's and I loved his playing on the collective. That was when I actually used to make an effort to record stuff. He was once complimentary about my playing which meant a lot from such a talented guitarist. Very funny guy too. Sadly missed. I remember Trell coming 'out' on the forum. Brilliant. Rose tinted specs on, it was a great forum and such fun to be part of. So many great individuals on there. Memorable moments for me:

The whole 'Morphed' thing. His obsession with Geetarfreak. Very funny.
    Huey's fantastic meltdowns. Saturday nights were always entertaining.
    Paulo's 'Quincy' explanation of music theory. Hilarious.
    Thing's playing.
    Sian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10697
    Paulo's chisul. 
    Ah those days. Wyniro, guitarfreeek, RB, Mike_Strat, Bradders, Fink, Camarillo III, etc etc. But the new lot are lovely too!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28232
    TTony said:
    Sporky said:
    Your face is mirrors.
    How can you still be posting?  You're banned.
    It's a life-skill. The forum knows its true master.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I still see Dave Goji out and about locally down the pub now and again. First forumite I ever actually met.

The whole thread when Jase-M was taken to hospital was proper bizarre, like this sort of thing just doesn't happen to anyone that good and that cool, but it did :(

Aye, Paulo's cartoons were brilliant too.

I can't remember if I had the same name when I first joined, but I remember getting banned as a spam-bot and having to get re-instated, something I was reminded of when it happened again here to me near the beginning! So much for my Spam-Busting Bronze medal ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Who was the guy that come winter time used to sell the hand warmer gloves? I think he played a Parker Nitefly.
  • I can hardly believe guitarfreek does magic professionally for a living now! I assume he still plays.. and in a band? With Huw?
    I still see Dave Goji out and about locally down the pub now and again.
    Do say hi from me next time you see him. Goji was ace.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4987
    edited January 2017
    Sporky said:
    I still see Dave Goji out and about locally down the pub now and again.
    Do say hi from me next time you see him. Goji was ace.
    Indeed I shall chief. Will I need to provide blank CD's and drugs, or was the original Dub education enough?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Grunfeld said:
    Fretwired said:
    Was that Gasfest as if it was I was there .. I met Mike for pint in Milton Keynes about 10 years ago.
    Yes it was.  As it happens my friend's son recently joined the Bedfordshire police.  No idea where Mike is of course but it would be wonderfully weird to run into him again through that tangent!

OK .. we had a beer then .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I can hardly believe guitarfreek does magic professionally for a living now! I assume he still plays.. and in a band? With Huw?
    Yeah, I was watching some TV trash one day and heard this voice introducing "TV magician James Went".  Good for him.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited January 2017
    Totally, yeah!

GT forum rings a bell but I only remember intermusic and the collective (what's Adrian doing these days?).. is GT just guitar techniques? 

Two Gasfests and being a monkey boy at two IGFs (thanks @Guitar_Slinger) were highlights. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Totally, yeah!

GT forum rings a bell but I only remember intermusic and the collective (what's Adrian doing these days?).. is GT just guitar techniques? 

Two Gasfests and being a monkey boy at two IGFs (thanks @Guitar_Slinger) were highlights. 
    Yeah your right, it was just the Intermusic forum, I was thinking the same thing yesterday.  Just for the Guitar Techniques magazine they labelled it as "GT Forum".  There may have been a GT Subforum though from memory.

So would I be right in saying the forums went from Intermusic --> Musicradar --> TheFretboard?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    I can hardly believe guitarfreek does magic professionally for a living now! I assume he still plays.. and in a band? With Huw?
    Yeah, I was watching some TV trash one day and heard this voice introducing "TV magician James Went".  Good for him.
    James is working with Derren Brown and has just released his first DVD - an educational item for magicians.

He's not got a lot of time for guitar anymore. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    What did trell do prior to joining the police?
    @thomasross20 Dunno, but I remember him having a business selling fancy used watches with his brother. He asked for webdesign help on the forum.
    Were them two the one who used to call everyone "u salmon"? :)
    AzzA! :love:
    cruxiform said:
    Huey's fantastic meltdowns. Saturday nights were always entertaining.
    An old thread on this topic was sunk: Paulo did a fantastic cartoon of Rory fuming, watching activity on the forum.

Add an L to the end of the URL below to see a variation on the same theme:
    http://s371.photobucket.com/user/pauloguitar/media/radio.jpg.htm
    viz said:
    Paulo's chisul.
    Wis'd. And the "elephant ears" bass-tuning-peg thing. And Yngwie Malmsteen's Touch-typing Course...

Though, as you can see, the correct spelling is "chizzle":

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/uploads/userpics/718/pB2EDQTUPF40S.jpg

It's his profile pic:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/profile/47/Paulo

Sadly inactive for a long time now. :anguished:  
    littlegreenman said:
    Aye, Paulo's cartoons were brilliant too.
    A small selection of his brilliance can be viewed here: http://s371.photobucket.com/user/pauloguitar/library/?sort=3&page=1

duotone said:
    Who was the guy that come winter time used to sell the hand warmer gloves? I think he played a Parker Nitefly.
    Wasn't that Lazybones?
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited January 2017
    @duotone that's the forum progression as I know it. :)

@fretmeister - wow! Did you know he did magic back then? Actually, I vaguely remember him talking about it at GASFEST, unless mistaken. He was some guitarist!

@DLM crikey, I remember something about him selling watches now you mention it. And big LOL to Malmasteen's touch-typing course!

Was it intermusic where I didn't know who Guitar George was? :lol: So funny!
    And as you know, I was known at IGF for my mad ironing skillz... 

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7787
    duotone said:
    Totally, yeah!

Yeah your right, it was just the Intermusic forum, I was thinking the same thing yesterday.  Just for the Guitar Techniques magazine they labelled it as "GT Forum".  There may have been a GT Subforum though from memory.

So would I be right in saying the forums went from Intermusic --> Musicradar --> TheFretboard?
    When I joined (2001) there were separate forums for Guitarist, Guitar Techniques and Total Guitar, plus others (Computer Music? ) which eventually were all crammed into one Intermusic forum and then MusicRadar until one day it vanished, never to return.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    DLM said:

duotone said:
    Wasn't that Lazybones?
    Yes! They were two-person gloves for holding hands with your best beloved.
  • I was on intermusic and musicradar but posted about 50 times in the 15 years so I doubt many of you remember me! I have been banned from basschat recently so I feel this might be my new haunt!  I recognise alotnof the names from back then.. so hello folks!
    Fraser
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom