Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• dbphoto said:
    So many questions after this weeks episode!

And if you notice it has a slightly different feel to it, this episode was directed by ‘Abraham’ in his directorial debut.

Didn’t know that. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    C’mon, has no one else watched the mid season finale yet?
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    I have, was thinking how dull this series is tbh, maybe the whisperers will make it interesting?
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9671
    edited November 2018
    That was quite intriguing, and the whisperers turned out to be something totally different to what I thought they'd be. My enjoyment of the episode was marred by some horrific jpeg-type compression artefacts during the foggy night-time scenes. Virgin Media crap!
    Tone71 said:
    I have, was thinking how dull this series is tbh, maybe the whisperers will make it interesting?
    I’m sure they will.  I think it’s the best series for quite a few years for what it’s worth.

Not the same without Lauren Cohan now though, hopefully she decides to come back, at least for some episodes.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2612
    tFB Trader
    I think The Walking Dead is turning in to Lost  :)  So confusing..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    That was quite intriguing, and the whisperers turned out to be something totally different to what I thought they'd be. My enjoyment of the episode was marred by some horrific jpeg-type compression artefacts during the foggy night-time scenes. Virgin Media crap!
    I watched it on US cable (I’m over in Florida at the moment) and it was shitty quality here too, worse than mobile phone footage. 

I’m enjoying this series so far. The Whisperers are a good twist on things. I wondered when and how Negan was going to get out, but didn’t expect it to be that easy. Loved his bedpan conversation with Gabriel :)  
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    I'm with Rabs- I don't think the writers know how to end it and it'll turnout to just have been all a dream for Rick.
    And the cast has been whispering for about 2 series now anyway-sick of putting sub-titles on.
    I’m confused how you can be confused @Rabs ;

and you do know it’s based on comic books that are way ahead as far as the plot is concerned @PhilW1 ;

(they have made some big changes to the source material over the years for TV though)
    edited November 2018 tFB Trader
    dbphoto said:
    I’m confused how you can be confused @Rabs ;;;

and you do know it’s based on comic books that are way ahead as far as the plot is concerned @PhilW1 ;;;

(they have made some big changes to the source material over the years for TV though)

Well we went from a survival program to one with warring factions..  To now the A/B thing with stig of the dump woman who has taken Rick somewhere we know nothing about, evolving zombies and people dressed as zombies apparently working together with these new whispering zombies...

Its a direction I never thought they would take.. I know they are based off comics but know nothing about them..

So yes to me I have no idea where its going or whats happening.

And the reason I mention Lost is that they had all these ideas that they constantly hinted at but never seem to find any direction and thus ended up a huge confusing mess by the end that actually led to nothing.  I mean, who knows maybe they have it all wrapped up nicely  and we are in for the best season yet? I think its just a possible danger when a show changes so drastically..

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7542
    Did I glance away and miss how the cell was left unlocked or dO we not know about that? 
    Red ones are better. 
    I think Gabriel just slammed it shut behind when he left but the lock didn’t engage?
    I see what you mean @Rabs ;

I don’t think we will find out anything regarding the A/B thing until the spin offs with Rick, so you can probably forget all about that in the main series.  

And you might be over complicating things a bit with regards to the new group.

As for Lost, I loved and hated that show in equal measures.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7542
    My take on the new group was just that they are people who wear walker skins to hide among the herds (and presumably have worked out how to steer one) and whisper so as not to draw the attention of the walker 2 feet away? 
    Red ones are better. 
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    My take on the new group was just that they are people who wear walker skins to hide among the herds (and presumably have worked out how to steer one) and whisper so as not to draw the attention of the walker 2 feet away? 

Yes this was my main thought.  A new faction who have worked out how to use herds and hide among them and its a tactic they use as no one expects the zombies to fight back.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11963
    Jalapeno said:
    Lots of new plotlines starting and a renewed focus on Zombies rather than people.  Spoiler:

Wasn't clear if Maggie cut the guy down early or if was editing and she'd definitely killed him ? Views ?
    I suspected they weren't keen on showing the length of time a hanging takes
  • I think my problem now is that this was about Rick's journey, and other people a bit ( especially Carol) but mainly Rick. Even if it was an episode he wasn't in it all related back to him somehow. It just feels like it could be any generic post apocalyptic drama now. 
    Didn't realise that was the mid season finale before reading it here. 
  • I've said it before, but I think it's turned into a 70s Western TV series now. Frontier people living off the land, tension with Native Americans (Walkers), bad guy turns up in town to cause trouble, occasional natural disaster-related excitement (kid falls into well etc.) They even ride around on horses and drink moonshine.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398

Crap ! I thought it was only just getting going after the radical plot changes
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno said:

Crap ! I thought it was only just getting going after the radical plot changes
    I just googled and confirmed it is the mid season finale. Yeh, I think it is only getting going again; having wondered whether it's really been worth watching any more we now have a couple of months off at a point where I'm finding it particularly hard to care.