Have you pedal on your board that you know you are going to replace in the near future?

What's Hot
DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4550
What is it and what will it be replaced with?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    Sadly, my philosophy appears to be buy first, think about it 2nd...
    That said, I have bought a DOD rubberneck in the hope that it replaces my DD500, which I'd like to keep at home.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705

Memory Lane Junior out. Nemesis in.

Difficult though, the MLjr does what it does amazingly. 

Also, I may get a Neunaber Expanse and EXP, which although the WET is the big drawer, could potentially replace a Mooer Chorus and Boss BF-2 also.

Or, replace the lot with an FX8 or Helix and just retain a couple of juansolo drive pedals.

I'm at that stage where the whole issue is taking up too much brain RAM.  I need the bad software uninstalling from my mind and a shutdown / restart cycle. 

• TC spark booster will be a/b'd with an Xotic EP booster (just to see if the hype is true) and the loser will be sold, or flayed and burnt at the steak.
  • or flayed and burnt at the steak.
    Could I have dibs on the resulting char-grilled steak?  I hear those pedals impart a unique and delectable flavour.
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28375
    I have a Touchprone MIDI clock generator that will disappear at the next Helix firmware update (as Helix will support MIDI clock natively then). Not replacing it with anything. Though an EHX 8-step would open up interesting possibilities...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24359
    I might swap my Darkglass VMTD for the standard VMT version.

Just to save a bit of space.

But when the next Helix firmware hits there will be loads more bass options so I might not need it at all.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5158
    Actually no. I usually do, but at the moment there's nothing I feel like needs it.

When I get round to making a few more perfboard dirtboxes I might end up switching out the ones I have at the moment.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12907

I might swap my CE-5 for a CE-2 or an MXR Analog Chorus but I also might not bother.

Semi-tempted to swap my Polara for an RV-5 or RV-6 but only for the sad reason that I quite like the idea of an all-boss board (or as near as possible).

Could potentially swap my Fuzz out and put a DS-1 on instead but I actually just have space to add the DS-1 anyway.

So I guess the answer is...erm, no, not really.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Not permanent replacements but I often alternate between my beloved OD-2, MXR Dist+ and a Rat. Nothing knocks the Pork Loin off the board.
  • Not really and I find it oddly unsettling.  Ive hit a glass ceiling where swapping things in and out just seems a little pointless now.

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6081
    I've found the best solution for me very often has 'Maxon' written on it. Wth that in mind I'm tempted by the RTC600, though the Keeley Compressor Pro I scored recently is very nice, so I can't really justify it.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Looking like Timeline, Mobius, NS2 and MD2 are to be replaced by Helix rack. EQD palisades is the only thing I haven't been able to match or improve on sound wise, so that'll sit in a loop.

• Crowther Hotcake out... incoming Lovepedal High Power Tweed Twin
  • And maybe I'll send them both packing after a pedal try out this evening?
    Sassafras said:
    Not permanent replacements but I often alternate between my beloved OD-2, MXR Dist+ and a Rat. Nothing knocks the Pork Loin off the board.

As a recent convert to the joys of the Dist+, what can you tell me about the Pork Loin and the OD-2?
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    edited March 2017
    The distortron will go eventually, I just have a feeling about it. It sounds really good, just a little stiff? I'm getting kind of fed up with the re20 as well, and can see myself swapping it for something quite different (kilobyte/supapuss/an analog delay or vintage sim i haven't tried yet).

On my not-a-board board (wah>fuzz>rangmaster), I'm gonna try swapping a Si fuzz (efe black acid) for a Ge fuzz (creepyface) and see how that works out.
    Sassafras said:

As a recent convert to the joys of the Dist+, what can you tell me about the Pork Loin and the OD-2?
    The Pork Loin is simply my favourite drive pedal ever. It's got a very natural type of break-up and decay. It's also got a nice amount of bass thump to it and you can tune in mids if you want them. It works particularly well with single coils, which are all I use.
    The OD-2 is a low-gainer with a slight mid hump, I find it works very nicely for slide. It's only drawback is a lack of volume, you couldn't use it as a boost. I've had an OD-2 since they first came out so it must be doing something right (for my style, anyway).
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    @Sassafras you've got me thinking a pork loin could kick off the distortron! Does it do tweed-style low gain clean-with-a-bit-of-hair sounds or is it heavier than that?
    bbill335 said:
    @Sassafras you've got me thinking a pork loin could kick off the distortron! Does it do tweed-style low gain clean-with-a-bit-of-hair sounds or is it heavier than that?
    That's when it's at it's best. You can start off with an ultra clean boost and take it up to a lovely natural edge of breakup. It's got a clean blend but I don't much use that. On full gain, it never gets more driven than a TS-9 but it's got a lot more tonal variation than a Tubescreamer as well as retaining all the bass and all the clarity on chords.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Pork Loin sounds pretty cool, I'll check one out one day. 

This thread has reminded me I wanted a DS1. So I bought a DS1. Damnit GAS.