Nintendo Classic

What's Hot

Comments

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    Thanks @FX_Munkee and @bingefeller - just ordered click and collect from Smyths too. I'll not hold my breath that they'll get enough stock but if they do, well, I'll be booking time off work !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HoofHoof Frets: 494
    Gonna get me one of those!

I asked for a mini NES for my birthday. GF got me some mini MegaDrive thing instead. She doesn't understand.

I reckon within a year we'll have a mini N64 too. Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Turok, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Star Wars Pod Racer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27341
    Hoof said:

I asked for a mini NES for my birthday. GF got me some mini MegaDrive thing instead. She doesn't understand.

I reckon within a year we'll have a mini N64 too. Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Turok, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Star Wars Pod Racer.
    Trouble is the early 3D stuff *really* doesn't hold up well. Goldeneye is, sadly, all but unplayable by modern standards. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11957
    I never had a N64 so that console holds no sentimental value for me, nor the games.

The SNES however, similarly to the NES, because of the way the graphics are, which forces the game behaves, is timeless and the console that I had and played as a child.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2424
    edited June 2017
    Hoof said:

Trouble is the early 3D stuff *really* doesn't hold up well. Goldeneye is, sadly, all but unplayable by modern standards. 
    Me and a few mates regularly have Goldeneye tournaments. Despite its lacklustre graphics compared to today's standards, the gameplay is still bloody awesome!

EDIT: I'm pretty miffed the classic snes has sold out already!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Chuffola said:
    Thanks @FX_Munkee and @bingefeller - just ordered click and collect from Smyths too. I'll not hold my breath that they'll get enough stock but if they do, well, I'll be booking time off work !!
    mine should be coming into the Boucher Road store all being well.  I'll prob wait a day or two instead of queuing up for it though.   
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    whaaaaat I've been in all day waiting to see when preorders went up and I missed it! bullshit!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4318
    I'm waiting until they make a mini-BBC Micro. I'll be all over that. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    randella said:
    I'm waiting until they make a mini-BBC Micro. I'll be all over that. 
    Comment of the year. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2424
    bbill335 said:
    whaaaaat I've been in all day waiting to see when preorders went up and I missed it! bullshit!
    Bullshit indeed. 
    I got the Nintendo Store pre-order at 15:32, what a random time and they were sold out in about 30mins.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I've pre-ordered one last night with game, whether I'll get one is another thing entirely!  I had a SNES when I was 8, I remember opening on Christmas Day and saw Super Mario World and was over the moon.  I had to play it on an old black and white telly but it was brilliant.  

I really hope I can get one.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Thank god I have the original and alls the games! 
    antifash said:
    What you also need to know is production will stop at the end of 2017.  So if you want one, get one when you see one.
    @RaymondLin I've been after a SNES for years. This is the year I get one. 
    I think Super Mario World looks as good today as it did before, for a 2D platformer I don't think it has dated, at all.  What really stood the test of time is the way you move Mario in the world, the movement is so smooth and you can control it so easily.  I would happy paying £25 to get a little machine just to play that on its own really.  That for me is my childhood, 96 levels of perfection in 2D platforming.  (Super Mario Bros was just a little ahead of my time)

Zelda Link to the Past, arguably my favourite RPG of ALL Time, I knew this game inside out, I knew where all the heart pieces are, where all the empty bottles are, I know the best order to beat the dark world and can do it in 1 sitting really.

These 2 games is worth the £70 for me, everything else really is a bonus.

Bonus being FFIII (which is FF6), Mario Kart !!!!!!! Secret of Mana !!! Street Fighter 2 Turbo??? Weren't this game like £50? and Star Fox 2 that is never released.  I think this for most people who are Nintendo fans would be most looking forward to.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited June 2017
    Id pay £70 just to download them onto my Switch.
    DanR said:
    Id pay £70 just to download them onto my Switch.
    Me too but problem is on virtual console you know these games will be like £10 each, minimum.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1391
    Thank god I have the original and alls the games! 
    You have Earthbound and Super Mario RPG?