Anyone had a PPI refund?

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2893
    @Kebabkid Id quite like to have a go with that company as well if you dont mind sharing who they are

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3217
    Me too please @Kebabkid ;
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited August 2019
    Hi Guys,

Just a polite note, I'm not taking any more information requests or referrals on this.

Thanks
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5512
    I used the same company as Kebabkid so can give referrals for anyone interested.
    Just interested to know how people got on here with the company a few of us used (Fairtrade Practice) or in general?

Quite a few friends are now getting their PPI compensation coming through.
  • I did mine myself and got >£4K from Natwest with no fees to pay anyone else
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I did mine myself and got >£4K from Natwest with no fees to pay anyone else
    That's great. I wonder if there's a case against the banks etc I approached off my own back (did it all properly) and then with another 2 companies who came back with 'No PPI found' and then this company comes up trumps finding significant sums?
  • I got some PPI refunded a few years back, but I was sure the letter said that it was awarded against my loans and not against my credit card. Was happy enough with the sum I got, so never really bothered chasing up the rest.

However, in light of the recent deadline etc, I went through the process again to chance my luck with anything that was outstanding, and the latest response I got was "you never had PPI against any of our products".

So, I know for a fact this is a lie, as I've already been refunded for some - not sure where to go from here now as it's passed the deadline date...I think?

• I had a call from FairTrade yesterday saying that had identified a couple of banks (one from over 20 years ago) that have admitted that Pip was added to our accounts.  They are now pursuing this and I hope to hear soon.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited September 2019
    I received a letter from Barclays, this morning 30/09/2019, which states that they are refunding my PPI payment together with the interest accrued.

I received a letter from the Halifax which stated that I did not have a PPI with them. I think this is correct because my mortgage was secured through Barclays.

I submitted my PPI claim via their website.

WooHoo - new Gibson LP on its way with the windfall. . . . . Not!!! LOL
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5512
    edited September 2019
    I got over two grand from Barclaycard via Fairtrade Practice. I've been with Barclaycard over 20 years but last week got a letter saying that they are closing my account! Coincidence?

Anyhoo, my PPI money came in at a good time. I was needing a new laptop, my washing machine packed in a fortnight ago, and we're away on holiday this week, so now it's all spent!

Enjoy your gassing, guys!
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    edited October 2019
    OMG submitted a PPI claim a few months back. Did it myself via the bank online link. Didn't expect anything back but has been upheld and just got confirmation/payment of a signifcant amount!! Woohoo!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24327
    I went via The Fair Trade practice and have just opened my mail......  a cheque from Barclays for just under £2,300 !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5858
    Emp_Fab said:
    I went via The Fair Trade practice and have just opened my mail......  a cheque from Barclays for just under £2,300 !
    What would cheer you up right now, I reckon, is another Amp.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    What I've noticed, is that other companies are being proactive in this area now. EDF energy just sent us a letter saying we're due a cheque because we were on the wrong tariff. We left them at least 10 years ago. I bet it'll be for 80p.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    I used to work as a claims evaluator for the banks a few years back. I hope they didn't rip you off 
  • shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    I did it via Fair Trade Practice, spurred on by this very thread.. and I got a cheque for £ 1.70
    Fair Trade Practice graciously waived their fee.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24327
    Rich210 said:
    I used to work as a claims evaluator for the banks a few years back. I hope they didn't rip you off 
    Haven't got a clue to be honest.  I think the company I used charge 20% of any refund so I'm expecting a bill for £450 or thereabouts but I knew that going into the agreement with them and to be honest there was more chance of me digging up that boat and finishing the laminate flooring than there was of me sending off PPI claims, so it's definitely money I wouldn't have had otherwise.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    i went with fairtrade practise, first they hassle you with emails and phone calls trying to get you to recomend them to all your friends, then they keep sending you exciting looking emails telling you to log on for exciting news about your account. the exciting news turns out to be that they havnt managed to find any ppi. Meanwhile by chance i did secure a small ppi refund which i dont think they know about yet, waiting for them to find out and ask for their share which i will tell them to bog off, 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    edited June 2020
    Well worth applying. I had a significant amount refunded.