Anyone had a PPI refund?

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    I used to think PPI was a complaint you got ,if you got involved in water sports with dodgy girls
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2893
    We also used Fair Trade.  I was unsure if they would find anything as we have done our own PPI claims a few years back and had already had about 6K back, but they assured me that they were happy to do the searching and it was only a fee based on anything they found.  We have had a further 4K back this year and two other creditors refused to respond (one of whom we are sure probably owns us something) so Far trade have referred that to the FCA for a decision which we are waiting for.   It paid for a holiday (or will eventually).

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24326
    Meanwhile by chance i did secure a small ppi refund which i dont think they know about yet, waiting for them to find out and ask for their share which i will tell them to bog off, 
    Why ?  You entered into a contract with them where you agreed the terms.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Emp_Fab said:
    Rich210 said:
    I used to work as a claims evaluator for the banks a few years back. I hope they didn't rip you off 
    Haven't got a clue to be honest.  I think the company I used charge 20% of any refund so I'm expecting a bill for £450 or thereabouts but I knew that going into the agreement with them and to be honest there was more chance of me digging up that boat and finishing the laminate flooring than there was of me sending off PPI claims, so it's definitely money I wouldn't have had otherwise.
    20% isn't to bad I've seen much worse. It's a bit of a con to be honest. If a customer wrote 'investigate my accounts' on some big roll the banks are obliged to do it 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    Rich210 said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Rich210 said:
    I used to work as a claims evaluator for the banks a few years back. I hope they didn't rip you off 
    Haven't got a clue to be honest.  I think the company I used charge 20% of any refund so I'm expecting a bill for £450 or thereabouts but I knew that going into the agreement with them and to be honest there was more chance of me digging up that boat and finishing the laminate flooring than there was of me sending off PPI claims, so it's definitely money I wouldn't have had otherwise.
    20% isn't to bad I've seen much worse. It's a bit of a con to be honest. If a customer wrote 'investigate my accounts' on some big roll the banks are obliged to do it 
    I've been telling people that for 8 years but for whatever reason most still get these people involved. 

Absolute best one I've seen was a woman who sent in a questionnaire, no questions answered, just wrote "I AM A MOTH". 
    Triggered the same investigation anyone else would get and she got a full refund. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I paid 30% I think, in hindsight a mistake as NatWest have a pretty good claim system and I knew they owed me something. However, I agree it's pretty greasy to try to get out of a contract so I paid up.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    Emp_Fab said:
    Meanwhile by chance i did secure a small ppi refund which i dont think they know about yet, waiting for them to find out and ask for their share which i will tell them to bog off, 
    Why ?  You entered into a contract with them where you agreed the terms.
    talking about £180, 20% is £36, im not going to refuse to pay but will wait for them to ask for it,i know, im such a cad.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited June 2020
     I'm glad to see some people getting their PPI, be it off their own work or by using a Third Party.

I wouldn't have recommended Fairtrade if I didn't think they were good and my experience was a good one. I wasn't hassled to get other people onboard or had my expectations raised, and I just told those around me who I thought might benefit and initially, they were recommended to me by good friends who had benefited significantly.

As previously mentioned, I'd tried the Martin Lewis way i.e. on my own and also used a few well-known third parties, like Gladstone Brooks, and nothing came up. Fairtrade manage to get me over £20K from these same companies I'd previously launched claims with. Yes, they took their commission but they'd been successful where others had failed and you do know what you're signing up from the start. Let's face it, you can do a certain amount of work when buying and selling a property but if you use conveyancing services or a solicitor, are you being ripped off?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    I think these Gladstone brooks et al just successfully prayed on people's mistrust. It's always been pretty clear that it's as easy as sending a letter. The only time it would ever get complicated was with mortgage ppi I found. I'd still have to contact the individual and never dealt with an intermediary. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    Kebabkid said:
     I'm glad to see some people getting their PPI, be it off their own work or by using a Third Party.

I wouldn't have recommended Fairtrade if I didn't think they were good and my experience was a good one. I wasn't hassled to get other people onboard or had my expectations raised, and I just told those around me who I thought might benefit and initially, they were recommended to me by good friends who had benefited significantly.

As previously mentioned, I'd tried the Martin Lewis way i.e. on my own and also used a few well-known third parties, like Gladstone Brooks, and nothing came up. Fairtrade manage to get me over £20K from these same companies I'd previously launched claims with. Yes, they took their commission but they'd been successful where others had failed and you do know what you're signing up from the start. Let's face it, you can do a certain amount of work when buying and selling a property but if you use conveyancing services or a solicitor, are you being ripped off?

Which companies were they? That seems mad.
    I've been quality assessing them for 6 years now, and its actually pretty rare that its missed once, let alone multiple times. There was even a point where we went back and proactively re-reviewed all of the declined ones. What a great year that was.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    I’ve just got in before the deadline and I’ve used fair trade. Apparently I’ve had a Santander product with PPI but it’s taking ages to get to a settlement. I’m happy to pay 20% as 100% of nothing is a pretty poor deal...
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Gladstone Brookes, We Fight Any Claim and there was another (I can't recall the names off hand) plus my own claim
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24326
     I know people love to bang on about "Ooooh, you shouldn't have paid a company to do it!  What you should have done is do it yourself - it's not hard... blah blah blah".  I filled in a single form and posted it off.  They sent off letters to a huge list of lenders and handled responses etc...   I know I wouldn't have done that.  I'd be sat here now £0 better off instead of £2,000 better off.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm with @Emp_Fab on this one.  I did it myself and came back a nice 5 figure sum better off.  It certainly went a nice way to my buying my home.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom