Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Boss answer to helix - fx 8 - headrush finally released

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• althyalthy Frets: 92
    What really bugs me is the absence of reverse reverb along with digital delays with clean vibrato type mod in both the helix and gt1000 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    Yeah,it's a bugger getting by without the old reverse reverb
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    I often find I wake late at night screaming in terror over the lack of reverse reverb in the helix
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Dominic said:
    I often find I wake late at night screaming in terror over the lack of great effects in the helix
    FTFY ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    Dominic said:
    I often find I wake late at night screaming in terror over the lack of great effects in the helix
    FTFY ;-)
    Hence the pile of moogerfoogers and my pedal board.

Still, legacy effects are on the way. Looking forward to that
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I see the output options include options to link to Boss/Roland amps like a JC-120, Blues Cube, Waza, Katana etc. Could be good if you like Boss effects.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    I see the output options include options to link to Boss/Roland amps like a JC-120, Blues Cube, Waza, Katana etc. Could be good if you like shit bland tone.
    FTFY
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:
    I see the output options include options to link to Boss/Roland amps like a JC-120, Blues Cube, Waza, Katana etc. Could be good if you like shit bland tone.
    FTFY
    True .. Boss don't sell many effects pedals and I can't think of a pro which uses one ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:
    FTFY
    True .. Boss don't sell many effects pedals and I can't think of a pro which uses one ..
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    andyoz said:
    Manual etc are online now apparently.
    Is this here it mate?

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/gt-1000/owners_manuals/
    read them..
    now I want to try one
    play every note as if it were your first
  • althyalthy Frets: 92
    couldn't find anything about reordering external pedals from send return 1&2, anywhere in the signal flow, in this manual. did anyone spot that kind of info?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  althy said:
    couldn't find anything about reordering external pedals from send return 1&2, anywhere in the signal flow, in this manual. did anyone spot that kind of info?
    If it's like the GT-100, then there will be two effect blocks for send/return (the GT-100 has just the one). I think you can see them on the diagrams -they look like a block with one up arrow and one down arrow, one marked 1 and the other 2.  You highlight the block and move it left or right, like any other effect block. There'll probably be a send level and a return level inside the block so you don't overdrive the pedals you're sending to and don't clip the AD conversion when the signal returns. That's how the GT-100 does it, anyway. I'm sure the Helix does it better, though - apparently it always does.   ;)