Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axe FX 3

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    My plan is to start by replicating my current live setup on the AxeFX II, and use it at next week’s rehearsal. I can also set up the FC12 to mirror my MFC layout. Replicating will mean that I know here I am at any point, otherwise it’s too easy to spend hours exploring. That can come later.

The effects should copy across with limited changes. When I say copy I’m actually re-typing most of the values. Last night I set up my acoustic guitar simulation. I’ve already discovered that I need different threshold values for the multi-band compressor. It’s likely that I’ll need to change PEQ settings too. If I put the II in the III’s loop (Output3 and Input3) then I should be able to do A:B tests as I go. 

After that I’ll configure a couple of Amp channels, and test the gap on channel and scene changes to see whether I can get away with one Amp and one Cab block. My kitchen sink preset is already at 75% cpu so it would be helpful to lose some blocks. Then there’s racking, pedal board, midi for the lighting ...... 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Roland said:
    My plan is to start by replicating my current live setup on the AxeFX II, and use it at next week’s rehearsal. I can also set up the FC12 to mirror my MFC layout. Replicating will mean that I know here I am at any point, otherwise it’s too easy to spend hours exploring. That can come later.

The effects should copy across with limited changes. When I say copy I’m actually re-typing most of the values. Last night I set up my acoustic guitar simulation. I’ve already discovered that I need different threshold values for the multi-band compressor. It’s likely that I’ll need to change PEQ settings too. If I put the II in the III’s loop (Output3 and Input3) then I should be able to do A:B tests as I go. 

After that I’ll configure a couple of Amp channels, and test the gap on channel and scene changes to see whether I can get away with one Amp and one Cab block. My kitchen sink preset is already at 75% cpu so it would be helpful to lose some blocks. Then there’s racking, pedal board, midi for the lighting ...... 
    Don't forget you can reduce the quality of the reverb(s) to save a lot of CPU. I found a 2nd amp block doesn't actually use much CPU.
    Has anyone noticed a significant difference with firmware 19 or 19.1?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10211
    I don’t even know what firmware I’m on! :lol: 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6813
    Roland said:
    Has anyone noticed a significant difference with firmware 19 or 19.1?
    I never notice much difference is sounds - my short term memory isn’t that good. It sounds good before and after.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • -Ed--Ed- Frets: 28
    When it went to Cygnus back whenever that was I thought I could notice a difference. I don't notice anything really on rot releases only mainline and then it is usually subtle of because new functionality is delivered.
  • Does anyone here still have the Axe-FX III?  I need a favour...
    Yes. What do you need?