Seen the new PRS ad?

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    edited March 2018
    Two and a half years in the making?  What did they do for 912 days?
    https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/81440766/what-if-we-made-the-headstock-like-backwards.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2406
    Two and a half years in the making?  What did they do for 912 days?
    Leo and the guys did it from scratch in less time.....just sayin'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    Strat54 said:
    How many takes do you think they had to do before they managed a clean one where no one said the “S” word ? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 303

It looks like a strat copy, offered by Ali Baba. I love PRS but this type of guitars should not be produced by them.

Nf3 and USA EG (maybe even the Johnny Hiland) models were in the same strat territory but had their typical PRS character. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    It’s growing on me. I actually quite like all of the bespoke little hardware variations. Tun8ng keys, trust cover, trem, knobs, jack plate. All very subtle, and likely of no real benefit, but more effort has gone into this than just another straight boutique relic jobbie
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1357
    The match between body & neck reminds me of a suit jacket, shirt and tie worn with a pair of jeans. Just looks wrong, but I have no doubt it will play and sound great.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4175
    clarkefan said:
    Whitecat said:
    Ok, for clarity, the £2475 is for the "launch edition" which includes the hardshell case. It's £2299 otherwise. But my video comment still stands. :)
    What, you don't get a case with a guitar costing 2.3k?

Or, you do but not the one with go - faster stripes, which cost 176 quid more?

Losing respect for Mr Smith.
    To be fair to Mayer & Smith, if I were ever fortunate enough to warrant a signature guitar then I wouldn’t spec it with a hardcase either - a good quality gigbag gets more use and offers more value in my experience, ymmv.
    Couple of extra thoughts too:

I like the design - it’s far from ground-breaking, but it’s just far enough from the original to fall out of the uncanny valley, or to look like a Suhr/TA copy either. If anything it reminds me of an Ibanez-take on a strat, with the new headstock being similarly proportioned to their SZ series.

I also like the new tuners, knobs, and the smaller birds, etc; and I’m sure the guitar is going to play and sound fantastic.

On a less positive note, I echo the other comments about the price being too high. I’d rather have seen an S2 version if possible - even if they blurred the S2 ideologies and used USA-made pickups / hardware, perhaps just on the launch run or something. Still, they’ll sell out easily enough, and I do hope we get an S2 or SE model later on if sales are strong enough.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    If there was a PRS SE Strat available when I bought my Strat, there's no doubt I'd have bought it.

I might be in the minority there mind you.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2418
    What is it with guitarists and guitar companies lately? Anyone would think he has Bonamassa in his blood and PRS have been brainwashed by Gibson.
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    I like it 
  • I somehow like this more than the Silver Sky... would laugh my ass off if this got released
  • I dont think the Silver Sky looks too bad, i agree that it should have been a little cheaper, sub £2k would have been about right especially as the strat type guitar market is getting saturated with the Ibanez AZ and Music Man Cutlass.

I won’t be buying the Silver Sky as I have a Suhr, but I think competition is only going to be good for us as consumers.

edited March 2018
    Not gonna lie - the more I look at it, the more I like it. Here’s to hoping you all (continue to) hate them and I can pick up a used/clearout bargain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    Not gonna lie - the more I look at it, the more I like it. Here’s to hoping you all (continue to) hate them and I can pick up a used/clearout bargain
    Dibs !

Not really but form dictates ! 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2338

It just seems incredibly plain. I don't want the usual PRS bling, but it's very dull.

That Fender Roasted Earth actually look decent ahahahahahha!

• I prefer the look of the old SE EG:

http://davesguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/D09786-1000x696.jpg

It does the strat thing but has confident in PRS design... would have preferred something more like this! 

I just think it's expensive for what it is. Surely a CE24, that have been selling for £1500 new, takes more to make than one of these because of the finishes and tops? I would have expected it no more than CE24 prices, around £1899 at the most. I guess its the Mayer affiliation...

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72673
    I prefer the look of the old SE EG:

http://davesguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/D09786-1000x696.jpg

It does the strat thing but has confident in PRS design... would have preferred something more like this!
    Exactly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MoosterMooster Frets: 68
    I'm a bit disappointed with PRS on this one. Whilst Fender and Gibson have been swimming in nostalgia, I always thought that PRS was making tweaks here and there, constantly changing and refining his guitars so they would not go stale and swim in the past. Things like the 513s, Narrowfields, Custom 24/08, etc. And then they go after a strat replica. I think it's more that JM wanted a strat copy but it's not their finest moment.