Burglar got killed

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    bodhi said:
    This is where the "system" should step in and help the victims.  Relocate them to a safe place.

So who's going to pick up the bill for the burglar's funeral, I wonder?
    As it will require a police presence at the funeral, it's going to be quite a sum. 
    I don't think the police would be all that welcome. The pikeys would do well to have the funeral in their own enclave and post their own bouncers to keep everyone else out.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    bodhi said:
    This is where the "system" should step in and help the victims.  Relocate them to a safe place.

So who's going to pick up the bill for the burglar's funeral, I wonder?
    As it will require a police presence at the funeral, it's going to be quite a sum. 
    I don't think the police would be all that welcome. The pikeys would do well to have the funeral in their own enclave and post their own bouncers to keep everyone else out.
    That's what they do where I live. Quite a lot of Gypsy sites. They often use a local pub to hold the wake .. goes on all day. Never any trouble as they police it themselves.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    underdog said:
    Fretwired said:
    Sad news. Police have told the guy who was burgled that they can't guarantee his safety so he's having to sell his house ... how likely is he to get market value for it?

It's terrible, he's an elderly man who already has to live his remaining days knowing he killed someone, and now he has to sell up. None of this was his making, he simply defended his house and wife against a criminal.
    The police have fucked this up big time. Maybe they'll stop giving press conferences and using a bit of common sense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Gets worse. Police have told the 'vigilante' who ripped down the flowers to move as they can't protect him. The burglar's funeral is this week and the family are going to stop at the spot where he died with the hearse - police are OK with it. Seems like provocation to me. The family have then said they are coming for the people who tore down the flowers and the guy they blame for 'murdering' the burglar. Don't the police take threats seriously?

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    Fretwired said:
    Gets worse. Police have told the 'vigilante' who ripped down the flowers to move as they can't protect him. The burglar's funeral is this week and the family are going to stop at the spot where he died with the hearse - police are OK with it. Seems like provocation to me. The family have then said they are coming for the people who tore down the flowers and the guy they blame for 'murdering' the burglar. Don't the police take threats seriously?
    This is outrageous, it's entirely a case of provocation. Presumably there will be some invented "human right" that will have been breached were the family not allowed to visit the spot where their thieving relative dies. The rights of the real victim and his wife would appear not to matter, the same presumably being true of the rights of the overwhelming majority of people in this country who believe the police's craven acceptance of this to be an insult.

As the funeral will be a private affair one would hope that the cost of policing the funeral would be billed to the family of the deceased.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    One of the so called vigilantes has made a video .. its a bit rambling and you can see the old boy is scared witless - the police suggest he gets CCTV and security - he asks who has to pay for it as he doesn't have the money.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'm really not sure why we have police these days, they are only interested in big crimes, or small crimes against the tax man. This is blatant threatening behaviour, and the police advice is to protect yourself because we can't.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72382
    This is what happens when you allow a criminal minority to become untouchable.

Unfortunately it's probably decades too late to fix it now, without enormous cost and manpower. But it can be done, if there is the will - look at what happened in New York.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    They're now "celebrating his birthday" outside the old guy's house. Further proof that this is just intimidation tactics.